Having a problem with the site? POST HERE!

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
This thread is for site issues and technical problems. While you can certainly create a new thread for an issue, if you post here, it is more likely to get reviewed in a timely manner.

Morning, arma358! I've noticed that in a few spots as well and have passed that along to Art to see what we can get fixed there. Thanks for the heads up!

Upvote 0
Hi, so with the new site I have noticedn issue that is really bothering me.

The threads don't show who posted last in the thread overview(in the thread list). It shows when they posted but not who has posted. I am on my phone and haven't checked to see if it happens on Pc.

Attachments

• tmp_7325-2017-02-03_06.53.141660688759.jpg
    tmp_7325-2017-02-03_06.53.141660688759.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 220
  • tmp_10096-2017-02-03_07.00.181660688759.jpg
    tmp_10096-2017-02-03_07.00.181660688759.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 209
Upvote 0
This is a part of the responsive design. As the page gets smaller, less important elements are removed. In this case, who last posted becomes less important than when there was an update. It is an automatic part of the responsive design, not something we chose ourselves.

Hi, so with the new site I have noticedn issue that is really bothering me.

The threads don't show who posted last in the thread overview(in the thread list). It shows when they posted but not who has posted. I am on my phone and haven't checked to see if it happens on Pc.

Upvote 0
I would just like to note that some like me only use phones to access the site. It is a more important feature for those like me who are trying to see who posted on a thread at a glance. It is unfortunate that this cannot be changed for mobile devices. It does make things harder. Thanks for your time and I hope that this could be considered for a change suggestion.

Upvote 0
I've been meaning to ask this. Didn't have any issues with mentioning people with the older site. Where is the icon now to mention people? Also, on my mobile device I'm not seeing any icon to change the view to full site. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
I've been meaning to ask this. Didn't have any issues with mentioning people with the older site. Where is the icon now to mention people? Also, on my mobile device I'm not seeing any icon to change the view to full site. Thanks in advance.

mblackwell1002 nailed it on mentions. With regard to viewing the "full site," that is not how modern software works. The concept of full and mobile sites come from a time before Responsive design existed. It was very clunky because you had to maintain two entirely separate looks; a mobile look and a desktop (full) look. Now, with a responsive design, there is only one look that responds to the device that you are on and modifies the look of the page appropriately.

Upvote 0
I was curious about the site navigation at the top of the page. When I mouse over there is a dotted line, an arrow, a magnifying glass and a pair of spectacles that gets cut off... It looks busy and unprofessional. It has my curiosity.. What happens if I click the spectacles, why do they exist, where do they go when they disappear!?! :) Is there a fix to this?
In this picture I am mousing over the Members section.
Sitetest1.png
The Home one does not have this problem, only the rest of them.

Upvote 0
It is only happening for dropdown menus. I don't know why, but I will find out and we will get it corrected!

I was curious about the site navigation at the top of the page. When I mouse over there is a dotted line, an arrow, a magnifying glass and a pair of spectacles that gets cut off... It looks busy and unprofessional. It has my curiosity.. What happens if I click the spectacles, why do they exist, where do they go when they disappear!?! :) Is there a fix to this?
In this picture I am mousing over the Members section.
View attachment 239112
The Home one does not have this problem, only the rest of them.

Upvote 0

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back