Helljumpers Project Warthog Bravo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I could get the GF to relocate, I'd be there in 2 weeks. I know it's a lot for one person but you are doing a great job on this. All I can offer is moral support, my appreciation for you doing this, and a little more help. I'd love to help build this beast. Keep at it as best you can.

I'm in! After November I'll come up every other weekend to help you out with welding. I have (as of right now) some experience with Gas and Stick Welding. When it comes to Stick I'm trying to get myself to go from 6011/6013 to 7016 electrodes... I should have it down pretty well in a few weeks.

Now that there is a deadline, we could really use the central/south Floridians help on this community project. Lets pull together Team! :tutu:

I would love to come as a welder but quebec city is a little bit far. And I would love to see it by my eyes.

( I starting to work on someting like that to. )

Pat

Being the distance and all, what else can the community do to help the project. Just donations and words of encouragement?

If you need help in measurements and geometry, proportions with the size of panels i think people who are too far away can probably help you on the forums

Astarith said:
Being the distance and all, what else can the community do to help the project. Just donations and words of encouragement?

Any support is welcomed and appriciated. Wether by donation or just a verbal pat on the back :)

Last edited by a moderator:
HELL JUMPER said:
Ok now I know you guys think I really suck about starting projects and then dropping them and starting over, but I always do it for the better right? Well vid one shows the trial, and vid 2 shows the finished. There is still work and yes I do need to wire in a capacitor, thats why I have to start it by hand for now.

Small word of advice:

Turn the music doen if you're talking...

lol.

keep up the great work!
Wish I could help but I'm on the other side of the country in California.

i'm not quite 18, and i don't live close, but i would be more than willing to help with math and share some of my ideas about the hog i'm planning on making as soon as i get some funds...

hey I got a couple of ideas for you.
I can't come out to help cause I live in Canada but you should try...
making the machine gun detachable so you can add on other back"variants" like the troop carrier version or the gauss turret!
also will it be fully driveable?
and if so, you shouldn't go electric. go gas(prices are going down) and if so go for a diesel engine
and the most important part is...

HOLY cow YOU ARE MAKING A WARTHOG!!!!
looks amazing by the way
hope you get some help with that thing I for sure would if I lived anywhere near you
good luck and hope for more updates!

Electric is infinitely cooler then gas. If you get a powerful motor you can get the crazy acceleration you get out of the game warthog.

The batteries will make it much more expensive initially though.

Keep up the good work.

I agree with the part about diesel but i shall list the pros and cons of all feel free to add onto it and remember the final decision is up to hell jumper
electric- pros- doesnt polute, free (kinda, well at least cheap), no emisions, smell or catch on fire(not often)
cons- electric motors are expensive and not that strong, hard to find one that big
gas- pros- engines are everywhere, gas is going down in price :), powerful
cons- engine can be expensive, combustible, still expensive even if it is declining, smelly
diesel pros- can get many miles to gallon, very powerful
cons- more expensive than typical gas but more fuel efficient (i think), very smelly, combustible

Ok, dude, number one, nice idea, you rock. Number two, when you finish that beast, I want the specs on paper so I can totally steal your idea, lmao. And three, WHO IN THE HELL OWNS THAT HARD ASS TRUCK IN THE BACKGROUND?! If it is yours, you would love my Jeep. To that, I want to get up with you one day and hit some mud, cause around here there is a serious lack in mud slinging peeps, but a few good holes to hit and some washouts to climb. I'll put a pick of the jeep on my profile as soon as I take one. Again dude, Kudos!!

nuhkschuitykaht said:
I agree with the part about diesel but i shall list the pros and cons of all feel free to add onto it and remember the final decision is up to hell jumper
electric- pros- doesnt polute, free (kinda, well at least cheap), no emisions, smell or catch on fire(not often)
cons- electric motors are expensive and not that strong, hard to find one that big
gas- pros- engines are everywhere, gas is going down in price :), powerful
cons- engine can be expensive, combustible, still expensive even if it is declining, smelly
diesel pros- can get many miles to gallon, very powerful
cons- more expensive than typical gas but more fuel efficient (i think), very smelly, combustible

Shoulda read before i posted last...
Dude, one thing about the electric motors vs. combustion engines.
In today's time, with oil being so expensive, electric vehicle technology has evolved to a level that almost knocks anything else out of the water. If you watch Discovery at all, they had a special on green options for everything from housing and power, to food and the road. Apparently, Jeep is coming out with a completly electric vehicle(perks being less costly to run and environment friendly, low impact). Also, the US military is working on a version of a Hummer that has a Diesel engine that powers electric motors in the wheels, and stealth being an issue for a scout vehicle, the engine can cut off and the vehicle can run on just battery power for somewhere on the order of 40 miles, assuming battery technology would catch up.

With electric motors, assuming you can pull off such a feat, if you can get the motors in the wheels, that drops the center of gravity very very low, making for the possiblity of rock climbing and such. However, in order to power the motors, you do need a source of energy. You could go the eco-friendly way and slap some AA's into that sucker and drive around like a hippie, or you could slam a big engine into it and have it run a generator powering the motors. Both options increase the center of gravity a bit more, but at least with the engine and a set of good exhaust pipes, you get the whole sound effect, thus increasing coolness, and thus increasing popularity, blah blah blah.

Now, if you go the much easier, cheaper, and non-hippie way of doing it, just put a straight-6 cylinder engine with an offroad drive train, huge lift, shocks, dampeners, all the good stuff, and call it a wrap. And just to set it off, if you can find out a place that will do it for you, get some custom mud tires cut for you, and put the halo3 symbol or UNSC symbol in between the studs, that way when your playing paintball in your halo costume and driving the warthog, if you run someone over, you will leave an ammusing trail of blood behind...

Finally, I would assume that if your building a warthog by yourself(or with help), then you know about everything I've just said, and I've just made an ass out of myself. Peace!

now this makes me miss florida 10x then i used to :(
well i wish you guys the best of luck on this build, i wish i could contribute...

Oh man this is so Kik Ass! I would donate if I had the money, but I'm already poor with my own project. You should try and get Bungie to be an official sponsor because then you would have an entire team of professionals (not saying that you aren't). Still keep up the good work!

Guess I could get my ass in high gear, get the armor mostly done by the 15th of December, then come down for a week. Might have to look into that. I do have 16 days off work at the end of December...

Are you going for street legal? It's in Florida, don't know how hard they are on legalizing custom vehicles. But I imagine if you can get it past smog, have all the necessities for street legal vehicle, and it is safe, you may be able to get it registered. Assuming the turret is fake.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back