Helljumpers Project Warthog Bravo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was wondering, (and this is one of the flaws in the design for my warthog), how do you plan on getting accurate rims for the warthog?

-edit-

one of my ideas was that i would ask someone on the 405th to make a 3d model of them and take them to someone who has one of those machines that will carve it out of a blank rim (don't know the name of the machine though)

ltmcmuffin said:
i was wondering, (and this is one of the flaws in the design for my warthog), how do you plan on getting accurate rims for the warthog?

-edit-

one of my ideas was that i would ask someone on the 405th to make a 3d model of them and take them to someone who has one of those machines that will carve it out of a blank rim (don't know the name of the machine though)
well i have steel wheels, and what i was gonna do is weld studs to the outside and make a round cover, and fit it on. then just tighten nuts down on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing since you were at the con that there is nothing new on the hog. Never hurts to take a break. Now get back to it! :D

HELL JUMPER said:
well i have steel wheels, and what i was gonna do is weld studs to the outside and make a round cover, and fit it on. then just tighten nuts down on.

could just get HUMVEE double drum rims and then make a bolt on cover plate for them. When you shoot the armor hubcaps off of the warthogs in Halo 2 the actual rims look pretty close to HUMVEE drums.

RD-Rockrims-2T.jpg

http://www.teakatoys.com/product_p/rd-rockrims.htm

A bit late but:
O M F G! (y)
That turret is Ubercool
The warthog too..
This whole project is Awesome:D

Matthijs

Man, if i didnt live on the upper end of the east coast in canada i would be there to help with this. this is truly epic (and as a plus im sure my profs would let me use something like that as my final design and fabrication project) oh well, ill keep up on this thread and hope to seeing it progress

looking great so far btw

Speaking for Hell Jumper (I hope), the positive comments and well wishes are always welcome. This project will continue to move forward. Thanks for the positive comments. Floridians - step up and give some assistance if you are able.

Yes, last weekend no progress was made because of my intrusion into his home for the weekend. This coming weekend he should be getting some stuff done and the weekend after that there wont be any work due to a few birthdays coming up....and me goin up and bothering him and his family again ^^

ltmcmuffin said:

-edit-

ah, you mean some of these???!!!!! you wanna set of tires too..... lol
hogwheel.jpg

I'm sorry to hear about your thumb hope everything turned out ok.

This is looking really good. I wish you luck on the rest.

Don't be offended by this but I just ask two questions on the side of saftey...

Skimming though I saw you said no special restraints for gunner? Why did you decided not to provide the gunner with more restraint?

Number 2 did you consider incorperating a clutch into the barrell in case some thing gets caught in the barrells to prevent it's mangling.

GL HF

Wow, its been weeks, and i havent noticed any updates on this... I'm just wondering what it going on.

Anyways, that warthog is already awesome so dont stop! =]

Time is not somethign that is readily available right now, we MIGHT get some work done on it toamrrow and saturday but I HIGHLY doubt it. It hasnt been forgotten ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back