"Help!" for: Armor Mounting / Costume Assembling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry this may have been posted some where else. I want to have the CQB chest piece but its only the front and there's no back to it. Do I need to have the MK IV armor then add the CQB to that. Please help.

Sorry this may have been posted some where else. I want to have the CQB chest piece but its only the front and there's no back to it. Do I need to have the MK IV armor then add the CQB to that. Please help.

Yes, you do need the Mk.VI chest piece to make it accurate. check out the link in my signature to see mine. It should help you get an idea of what you need to do. Best of luck!:)

Greetings!

This seemed like the best place to start, so I'm hoping some one can help me out. I'm having some trouble figuring out how to strap-up/mount my space marine armour. I think I should be using the suspenders/belt approach on the legs. How ever I can't fure a good way to "clam shell" the torso and mount the shoulder pads/arms.

I understand the idea of "clam shell-ing" an armour piece. My issue stems from the bulky collar of space marine armour and therefore can't figure out a good place to hinge it. I have seen some people just pull it over the head like a tee shirt, But I worry that with the back pack on the armour will shift.

Any help would appreciated.

Some pictures would help us help you. Which Space Marine armor are you talking about specifically (Halo, Starcraft, etc)?

To re-attach split pieces, we mostly use plastic side-release buckles, rare-earth magnets, or Velcro, whichever works best for your particular case. For mounting other pieces, foam is generally added for a snug fit, and then attach to other armor pieces use nylon straps, in combination with a variety of fasteners: buckles, clasps, Velcro.

If you'd like, check out pages 20-22 of my armor build thread, where I show I made the clamshell of my chest piece. Good luck.

How can I get a better fit with my shins? One side slips on fairly easily but is a pain to get off. I cut my leg and shaved some hair getting it off. Whats your guys' opinion? Would it be better to clamshell it? And what would be the best way to do so?

How can I get a better fit with my shins? One side slips on fairly easily but is a pain to get off. I cut my leg and shaved some hair getting it off. Whats your guys' opinion? Would it be better to clamshell it? And what would be the best way to do so?
If you can provide pics that would be great so we can see what you are working with.

If you can provide pics that would be great so we can see what you are working with.

Alright will do so when I get off work I'll edit this post later so please be patient

UPDATE: unfortunately my camera is broken but a detailed description of my issue is that I have having trouble is that I can't fit the ball of my foot past the "hump" under the calf of the shin. If that makes sense haha.

Quick question that seems to fit under costume assembling...
So, in my case, I'm creating an Iron Man helmet, and you know how they're separated into different main parts - face, head, neck, jaw, ears. If I want to make the faceplate able to open, should I like put it together as one piece, strengthen it (fiberglass, etc), and then cut the faceplate out, or should I just leave it as the entire headset + faceplate as separate for strengthening?

Keep it as one piece when you strengthen it, and separate it once you are done with that step. If you split it first then you risk warping and the two parts not aligning properly.

i have a question. what is the cheapest option for an under armor for a Master Chief costume.i am a little low on money but i want it to look decent but not cost too much

i have a question. what is the cheapest option for an under armor for a Master Chief costume.i am a little low on money but i want it to look decent but not cost too much

You can't really have it both ways unless you are a skilled seamster/stress. If you are not good with a sewing machine, you can just get some nice looking compression clothes... Otherwise you fork out for a wetsuit or make your own (the last option is the best looking and cheapest, but requires time, patience and some skill)

Just my two cents though, what works for you may be totally different!

im having trouble with the visor. if i use a New Motorcycle Full Face Modular Helmet Visor Shield Tinted and i use a heat gun to shap it to where i need it to fit my recon helmet would it mess it up so i cant see out of the visor? or will it be fine? if you go on amazon u can see what it looks like

im having trouble with the visor. if i use a New Motorcycle Full Face Modular Helmet Visor Shield Tinted and i use a heat gun to shap it to where i need it to fit my recon helmet would it mess it up so i cant see out of the visor? or will it be fine? if you go on amazon u can see what it looks like

It's impossible to say for sure, but generally it depends... Some visors will start to whiten up or otherwise go opaque from heat right away, others have a bit of give for SOME heat forming, but if you do it too much they lose it. At 7 bucks I'd just go for broke, and let us know how it goes. That's not a lot of money lost if it dies, and you wouldn't be able to use it without heat forming it anyways, right?

Im pepping a ODST chest plate atm. Im making the entire torso/chest/stomach and i was wondering what was the best way to connect them for mobility as well as strength. If so can anyone make a video of how to? and list the materials to do so. thank you :)

hard to say for sure, since I haven't started any ODST armor. But from what I hear, they usually attach the pieces individually to some military BDU's with either velcro or buckles and strapping, haven't heard of any combining the three, but I'm sure it can be done.

It would be better to make it two seperate peices, or you can do what i did which didnt solve the problem for me, but i have big feet

shinclam.jpg

you could cut where i drew the red line on both sides, extend the side a little bit so that the peice would overlap
or
shinback.jpg

cut the back open, seperate it enough that your foot fits through, reinforce it then bondo the open space to get a clean look

Im pepping a ODST chest plate atm. Im making the entire torso/chest/stomach and i was wondering what was the best way to connect them for mobility as well as strength. If so can anyone make a video of how to? and list the materials to do so. thank you :)

I suppose you could connect the three with small hinges and put springs on the back so it will always pull back into position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back