"Help!" for: Misc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two questions:

1) I finished painting a mask for a friend but I have no idea on the straps so that I can make it stay on my friend's head. What do you guys suggest?
2) Also, he lives across the states. So when you guys ship something out, what you guy do to keep it safe and secure for shipping?

BUBBLE WRAP and a good sized box. I've shipped a Kamen Rider and a Power Rangers helmet with three layers of bubble wrap and newspapers in the box.

I have two questions:

1) I finished painting a mask for a friend but I have no idea on the straps so that I can make it stay on my friend's head. What do you guys suggest?
2) Also, he lives across the states. So when you guys ship something out, what you guy do to keep it safe and secure for shipping?

Honestly, Don't send it UPS. UPS loves to destroy things. USPS and FedEx are pretty good shippers, just put it in a box thoroughly wrapped in tissue, then newspaper, and finally bubble wrap. Use packing popcorn around the edges to keep it from bouncing around, and it should be good. You want to remember that they will drop it several times, and throw it around a bit. If you feel comfortable dropping the box from a height of 4 feet, then you can ship it.
Have you looked at the strapping of catcher's helmets in baseball? That seems like it might work perfect for your friend. I don't know how heavy the mask is, but it looks like it could go either way weight-wise. The catchers mask strapping will keep it in place comfortably.

hey, i was wondering, i have a 3D modeling software that is not supported by Pepakura, is there anyway i can turn the files from .med to .pdo?

Sorry, folks, if this question could be placed in a more appropriate thread; I couldn't find it. And if it's been answered before, I didn't find it.

Now. ONWARD.
I'm about to start a water-based clay sculpt on my foam head to build a Dead Space 2 "Advanced Suit" helmet. I've looked through BlueRealm's Master Chief helmet sculpt tutorial quite a few times, and he recommends Shellac to "seal" the armature, and provide the clay with a good surface. I don't have any Shellac, and I have no problem buying any, but I was just wondering if it was necessary for the quality of my sculpt.
What are the advantages of Shellac; are they important enough that not using it would sacrifice substantial sculpt quality; are there any alternatives?

Hey, I was wondering how I would make a faceplate that is seethrough enough for an eva helmet. I have looked around hand I haven't found anything yet. thanks.
Jona

Hey, I was wondering how I would make a faceplate that is seethrough enough for an eva helmet. I have looked around hand I haven't found anything yet. thanks.
Jona

You should look in the noob or creation discussion stickies. there is a tutorial on how to make and paint your own see-through visors.

Okay, here a quick question....
unled1v.png

Is this right?

If you want to run pepakura on your mack you need to use VMware and put windows on your mac and do it that way thats the way i did it

so far ive seen alot of people attempt this type of visor but the only real winners have been visors that are bondo'd or rondo'd with the two eye areas (if your making emiles helmet) visor. However i have a idea for another method for it, but am no where near the stage of testing. what i'd do would be search for eva and emile helmet builds.

my question, although seeming basic i just want to be certain, what is the best thing to use for the tubing on the Mk vi helmet (master chiefs helmet)? i was thinking some spiral wrap cut up and glued in place but is there a better alternate?

Im not sure if this is the place to ask, but I cant post a new thread on the Noob Forum. I have a new costume I want to put up a thread for, but it says I dont have the permission.

my question, although seeming basic i just want to be certain, what is the best thing to use for the tubing on the Mk vi helmet (master chiefs helmet)? i was thinking some spiral wrap cut up and glued in place but is there a better alternate?

There might be other ways, but plastic tubing used for organizing TV cables works great. Check out post #48 here to see one way of doing it.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31247-Spitfire22V-s-LD-Mark-VI-build-WIP/page5

Im not sure if this is the place to ask, but I cant post a new thread on the Noob Forum. I have a new costume I want to put up a thread for, but it says I dont have the permission.

Your forum status is now "Infantryman", so you're allowed to post in the regular forums. You're no longer considered a noob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back