"Help!" for: Misc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jdosko

1. your a ways away from that. I think its like 100 posts or something like that.

2. everytime someone asks that they make it higher.

Like Halo95 said, it depends on the skill, but it also depends on your dedication.

Traditionally, you'll be using cardstock, fiberglass and resin.

It's the middle of winter (most everywhere anyways), and resin takes a very long time to cure in the cold.

I built only a helmet, learned a lot, and devoted over forty working hours just to resining and detailing it, making sure it was perfect. This, added to my strict schedule I already had, made it take me about two months from pep to wiring for lights. I didn't make any time-consuming mistakes (improper pep sizing or badly mixed resin) and it was my first one.

Just take your time and do it right. If you rush it, a good one will only take longer.

Like Halo95 said, it depends on the skill, but it also depends on your dedication.

Traditionally, you'll be using cardstock, fiberglass and resin.

It's the middle of winter (most everywhere anyways), and resin takes a very long time to cure in the cold.

I built only a helmet, learned a lot, and devoted over forty working hours just to resining and detailing it, making sure it was perfect. This, added to my strict schedule I already had, made it take me about two months from pep to wiring for lights. I didn't make any time-consuming mistakes (improper pep sizing or badly mixed resin) and it was my first one.

Just take your time and do it right. If you rush it, a good one will only take longer.

and this... is what I like to know as perfect advice!

I was making a helmet, and i have flexable material for the visor, but i dont want to waste any. Does anyone know how you would fing out what size to make the visor?

I was making a helmet, and i have flexable material for the visor, but i dont want to waste any. Does anyone know how you would fing out what size to make the visor?
that depends on a few things... one being is the helmet a pep helmet? if it is then you should just be able to make the pep visor and use that as a template to measure out your materials, always make sure that its bigger than the actual visor so its easier to fit in.

Please someone help! I have been looking for a long time and I can't seem to find any good video's or explanations on how to even start on the face shield for a halo helmet or any helmet for that matter. I know to obviously get a face shield, measure the face shield, but would I use a dremel to shape it or what do i use to shape it? Thats about it, any other advice would be very helpful.

Please someone help! I have been looking for a long time and I can't seem to find any good video's or explanations on how to even start on the face shield for a halo helmet or any helmet for that matter. I know to obviously get a face shield, measure the face shield, but would I use a dremel to shape it or what do i use to shape it? Thats about it, any other advice would be very helpful.
Go to the Molded Armor section and look for a sticky called Dual-Layer Visor mini-tutorial.

that depends on a few things... one being is the helmet a pep helmet? if it is then you should just be able to make the pep visor and use that as a template to measure out your materials, always make sure that its bigger than the actual visor so its easier to fit in.

ironicaly (i have no clue how to spell that) it is a pep helmet, bu it is the LD recon helmet in the all in one pack, it does not have a pep visor, and there is a sort of brace on the inside that keeps me from making the visor bigger than usual to make a good fit
see here
reconhelmet.jpg

ironicaly (i have no clue how to spell that) it is a pep helmet, bu it is the LD recon helmet in the all in one pack, it does not have a pep visor, and there is a sort of brace on the inside that keeps me from making the visor bigger than usual to make a good fit
see here
reconhelmet.jpg

well in a way thats lucky for you, the visor in that has no extreme shape or curvature, you should be able to just fit an average motorbike visor into it, and while its in you should be able to trim around the edges to make sure its not to big

@Jdosko

Cut the brace out. Then take a piece of cardstock or paper and place it on the inside flush against the opening. Then trace out the opening on to the scrap piece of paper, now you should have a basic template/outline of the visor opening on the paper. then draw an oval leaving approximately .5" to 1" of space around the template outline. then cut along the oval. Now transfer this to your visor. trace around the oval transfering the oval template to the visor. now cut along the outline on the visor. This should give you a trimmed up visor ready for install. It should allow it to fit up against the helmet nicely. I built the HD version of that model and used that method to fit my visor in my first build (link is in my sig). It doesn't show the process, but it shows how my visor sits in the helmet.

I have two questions:

1) I finished painting a mask for a friend but I have no idea on the straps so that I can make it stay on my friend's head. What do you guys suggest?
2) Also, he lives across the states. So when you guys ship something out, what you guy do to keep it safe and secure for shipping?

The mask in question:
0329112106a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back