"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im starting my first armour build and im just wondering when to apply the fibreglass and resin (and how much of it) when i get up to reinforcing the armour????

Im starting my first armour build and im just wondering when to apply the fibreglass and resin (and how much of it) when i get up to reinforcing the armour????

After you have finished your pep, you want to apply at least two light coats of resin on the outside (allow drying time between coats) followed by fiberglass and resin on the inside. I say at least two layers, (again, allow drying time between layers) you can do more depending on how much stress the part you are making will be subjected to. Hope this helps and best of luck!:)

Hey guys, noob here. in the interest of not reading 133 pages of stuff (and since the search function won't be of much help due to my context), i just wanted to ask what kind of glue everyone uses. hot glue seems too quick, and elmers/tacky type glue requires each tab to be held for about 90 seconds. my peping is taking way longer than i think it should as a result.

I think this is my first post, so i'm new here, but not to forums in general. i'm also over at the fx-sabers forum.

Thanks guys

EDIT:i see this question was asked about 5 posts ago. my bad.

Hey, everyone! Another question for those who have made weapon props (I have seen this question and questions stemming from it go unanswered):

Do you guys use Pepakura for this as well? If so, when applying resin, what is done to the INSIDE (Since it's a weapon, the inside is concealed)? Thanks!

Hey, everyone! Another question for those who have made weapon props (I have seen this question and questions stemming from it go unanswered):

Do you guys use Pepakura for this as well? If so, when applying resin, what is done to the INSIDE (Since it's a weapon, the inside is concealed)? Thanks!

Quite a few people use pepakura for weapons builds. You will go about resining in the same manner. Put a couple of coats on the outside to stiffen the pep up a little. Then, cut a hole somewhere in the pep where it will be easily accessible for pouring rondo in. (some times you may need multiple holes to access all areas) Once you have your mixture of rondo poured in, (I'd recommend a more runny mixture, easier to slush around) tape the hole off with some masking tape and slush away. If you do it right the rondo will cover the hole you made and you can proceed with bondo and sanding. Best of luck with which ever method you choose!:)

hello, everyone. first off i would like to say that i have pepped two helmets. i have just started on my third. the third helm is the Mark VI HD by flying squirrel. my question is how do i put the braces in. after the helm is together, or during the process of making it? just looking at the 3d model on pepakura seems like it would be hard. any tips on how to go about this build will be much appreciated. thanks guys

hello, everyone. first off i would like to say that i have pepped two helmets. i have just started on my third. the third helm is the Mark VI HD by flying squirrel. my question is how do i put the braces in. after the helm is together, or during the process of making it? just looking at the 3d model on pepakura seems like it would be hard. any tips on how to go about this build will be much appreciated. thanks guys

I would put it in when i finished peping the helmet, since it would be easier to maneuver the helmet and having the gluegun inside the helmet without any support struts inside during building process.

I'm trying to do the optimus prime helmet. and scanned in some hand drawn images. but i can't get them to work properly with pepakura. can anyone give me some pointers?

hey guys hows life?
So i wanted to know basically how to correctly measure chest pieces. I have tried to already to create one but the pieces came out a tad small xP. So after the fact i remeasured. I measured from shoulder to shoulder (across) as i read on one thread and guide in one of the forums. Ive read other ones but when i try to measure around chest the size comes out to over 1000mm in the width. I do not know whether or not that is appropriate size factor or not? I guess what im asking is that if someone can please guide me right. As if with an example of regular chest width or appropriate measuring (tactics?). So if i could get a reply that would be great thanks. (also the chest piece i was using (obviously which kind makes a difference) or trying to create was an halo reach chest. I havent been able to come on here in a while but it was an obviously complex looking piece(not foam) and i found it in someones thread linked(thank them). Thank you much if you can understand)

Hey i might be able to help.
Not very specific but ill try i mean Does your printer have enough ink and you might have to go to the prefrences and change the line transpiracy and line weight.

People say to use 110lb cardstock for armor, but I find that the thickness of even 60lb cardstock causes the pieces to be offset, since one has to go under the other to glue. Is there some trick to combat this offsetting? If I have several pieces in sequence glued together it looks like a staircase!

People say to use 110lb cardstock for armor, but I find that the thickness of even 60lb cardstock causes the pieces to be offset, since one has to go under the other to glue. Is there some trick to combat this offsetting? If I have several pieces in sequence glued together it looks like a staircase!

I know what you mean, but although I use much thicker cardstock than 110 lb, I haven't really noticed any problems resulting from this yet.

Question: How do you rotate pieces in pepakura? I saw the rotating option (right-clicking), but can't figure it out. I need to do this because the pieces don't fit on the page after scaling.

pepakurarotate01.png

pepakurarotate02.png

For clarification, your first click (step 2) picks the point to rotate the piece around, I don't know if there's any real difference on which point you pick. The second click and drag (step 3) rotates the piece around the point chosen in step 2

Photoon2012-02-12at19312.jpg

Photoon2012-02-12at1931.jpg

I'm kind of a skinny guy, and i built this chest piece and i feel like its too big. it just seems like its the right length but a little too big on the width and pretty big on the depth. but i'm not sure, so if anyone could give me tips on whether i should scale it down or what to do it would be appreciated.

thanks!!

It definitely looks way too big in every way. The bottom of the piece should follow the bottom of your ribs, and that horizontal bar should line up with the bottom of your armpit. Plus, length aside it's better to have it fit right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back