"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i have read through a bit of stuff not sure if i passed over it or its not in here. 1 what type of gluse should you be using? 2 how do you keep the pices together as the glue cures?i how to best assemble the pep once cutout? i have cut all my pices out and strated making a few lagre chunks now i am trying to put it all togetrher and im having a lot of problems. im havinmg a hardtime getting things to stick how the should. any suggestions?

Some use hot glue. I prefer a wood glue myself: just hold it in place for a few seconds and it sets with a strong bond. No burnt fingers or disgusting smells

how would i scale my chest piece for master chiefs MJOLNIR MK VI ive tried the method that you suggested by using that scaling guide but it seems like it might be too small?

I never found scaling guides to be very useful, they require you to fit into specific proportions, when in reality some people have longer legs, or shorter legs, and so on. I have a very large head so I have to scale the headgear for someone four inches taller than me.

From my experience, it's not really an exact science. If it's too small, make one bigger! It can be tedious, but one trick you can use is... in the scaling menu for the pep piece, it shows the width height and length of the piece, and you can use that as a very very very rough guess as to how big you need it. I believe it goes based on the widest tallest and longest points on the piece (correct me if I'm wrong), so you can take a measurement of your chest's width and depth (not circumference) and use that to guesstimate it.

Yea Im trying to do this around my college work and exam prep so its going really slowly atm but after the exams it should pick up so im not up to scaling my chest piece yet, so for the MK VI where would i measure from to get a rough idea???

For the chest, you'd want to take the diameter of your chest both long-ways and short-ways (since the torso is roughly an ellipse), and that'll give you a good idea for the size of the piece (the piece needs to obviously be wider and longer than each of those two dimensions).

Hello! I'm from Russia and the English language is not very friendly to me. I would like to ask for help in the manufacture of iron man helmet. The first problem - is to choose the size for my head. By default there is 262 millimeters height - how do I measure my head to print the correct size helmet? Are there detailed instructions? And there is also a convenient way to scale the rest of the costume for my height and size? Many thanks to anyone who can help me! Sorry.

Hello! I'm from Russia and the English language is not very friendly to me. I would like to ask for help in the manufacture of iron man helmet. The first problem - is to choose the size for my head. By default there is 262 millimeters height - how do I measure my head to print the correct size helmet? Are there detailed instructions? And there is also a convenient way to scale the rest of the costume for my height and size? Many thanks to anyone who can help me! Sorry.

Someone correct me if im wrong, but for the helmet I measured the perpendicular height of my head, from the bottom of my chin to the very top, I recommend have somebody help you with the measurements it can be abit awkward sometimes. add about 2inches to that height, convert it to mm (i used google for that) and then open the 2D menu, go down to change scale and enter the height youve just measured, and it will auto adjust the helmet. you will need to move pieces around but thats not too hard :) (plus make sure you have edge ID and flaps on before you print :p)
Hope this helps, dont just go on what ive said here though just double check first by reading some more of the forums
-Liam

I can't seem to be able to select edges on my model when I'm trying to unfold it.'

EDIT: Nvm, it turns I didn't have "Specify Open Edges" clicked

Thank you! I've finally made my helmet, but yet another problem - how to put it on! The hole for my head is too small, but the depth of the helm is good. I've found the thread about cutting the helm for comfortable putting on and investigate it. Thanks so much, i must practice whith scaling/

Thank you! I've finally made my helmet, but yet another problem - how to put it on! The hole for my head is too small, but the depth of the helm is good. I've found the thread about cutting the helm for comfortable putting on and investigate it. Thanks so much, i must practice whith scaling/

If you have a helmet that is too small, I would suggest making it into a two-part helmet and connecting it at one point with a piece of cloth or a strap, and then having a small latch on the other side, because when scaling, the helmet will fit your head perfectly, but that doesn't mean that you can't put it on, jsut that it will be comfortable and fit your head perfectly after it is on.

it the helmet that isn't fitting is an ODST variant just cut off some from the opening but other than that just scale up the width that tends to work sometimes

Two part pieces is actually a good idea for the helmet and chestpiece maybe the shins too could save having to redo the pieces :) (if it doesnt fit otherwise)

it the helmet that isn't fitting is an ODST variant just cut off some from the opening but other than that just scale up the width that tends to work sometimes

thanks for the info, that's something my friend can use. the helmet the other guy made is actually an iron man helmet that he couldn't fit over his head

Anybody have a recommendation for a good printer to use to print 110# card stock for Pepakura files ? I have been looking at the HP and Canon deskjet styles.

the most important thing for printers is that it not go through any stupid loops or whatever, and basically go in a straight line from the feeder to the out tray. My Canon MX410 does an okay job at it. If you can, try them out first and see how the paper goes through the machine, usually pretty obvious based on the position of the feeder and the out tray, like most HP printers I've owned have the feeder directly beneath the out tray, meaning the paper has to be rolled completely around inside the machine to come out.

I found this article, not sure how useful it is:
http://www.ehow.co.uk/list_5836128_inkjet-printers-card-stock.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back