"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm having trouble finding a certain design, the pep for the pilot helmet is probably floating around though i don't know the link, however the one thing that has eluded me for the last oh... 12 hours (yes i was up all night looking) was the two attachments for the pilot helmet, if your in the armory on reach, it's the second level of the pilot helmet, if someone could link it to me or make the pep for it i would be in your debt, i'd try but the only thing i've figured out on pep is how to rotate the 3D image... also, how big should my printer be before i even attempt this? i've made 2 grenades and a health pack out of normal copy paper and that was a flimsy hell, gonna try and get 60 - 110 lb cardstock asap

I'll drop you a pm also, since I dunno when you'll check this thread next, but that would be the HUL[3]. There is a website I can't find that is an online hub of the files (different from the "all in one" pack this one is more of an online folder) that has every helmet, and within the subfolders are all the attachments.

Anyways, since I can't find the link, I'll just dump the file for now. If I do find a link I'll replace it:

http://wake.drmcawesome.com/images/405th/Pilot/

Obviously, click the "attachment" folder unless you want to browse the helmets they have too.

Awesome, and i got an e-mail about the pm, thanks for letting me know, i just printed off the top attachment, about to print off the side attachment, I'll post with pics to show how they came out, hopefully better than that brute shot I'm working on...

hi guys,

this is my first post on this thread, but i'm almost 6 mo or a year now reading threads and watching videos in making a halo suit. I just want to seek assistance if you can provide me a link where can i download a full package of pep file from helm to boot.

Thanks in advance.

Head to the subforum: Forum -> Creation Discussion-> Pepakura And Cardboard Armor

That subforum has several different links and resources for pepakura files including one called "all in one halo pepakura pack"

halopepakuraproblem1.jpg

All my parts are printed but i noticed this on the printouts and the file itself, should I just cut normally for situations like this or look for all the pieces like this now and in the future and change them somehow??? Sorry if its not so clear (if you cant make it out, a solid line looks like its overlapping another solid line for a tab but im not sure) and I will need to know asap, i need to start making this so its ready in time for my next expo :)
Thanks
-Liam

halopepakuraproblem1.jpg

All my parts are printed but i noticed this on the printouts and the file itself, should I just cut normally for situations like this or look for all the pieces like this now and in the future and change them somehow??? Sorry if its not so clear (if you cant make it out, a solid line looks like its overlapping another solid line for a tab but im not sure) and I will need to know asap, i need to start making this so its ready in time for my next expo :)
Thanks
-Liam

It's a face overlapping a tab. Cut the edge with the upside down one, you'll lose part of the tab, but that's not really an issue.

Hey everyone! I'm worried that my armor isn't scaled properly. I used the directions I found at http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepakura_Tutorial for the MJOLNIR MARK IV tester model for the chest found here http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepakura_File_Index

I printed it up, but I'm scared that it's not the right scale, as I've never done this before. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this seems like the right amount of material for chest armor for a person 6 feet tall. I'm not adverse to starting over from here, but I'd really hate to assemble this if it's way off, since it takes some time.

scaled.php

In pepakura designer did you hit something that says "fit to page"? Even if you had it scaled correctly, a wrong setting can mess everything up.

I scaled the armor directly to the directions on the wiki page I linked, which I found through the forums. I don't remember hitting anything saying "fit to page". I pretty much followed the directions to-the-letter, and manually rearranged everything on the pages so they would fit my paper-size. I'm mostly wondering if that seems like a reasonable amount of material to create a chest piece.

It looks like 1/4 of the size it should be. That's why when you said you had it scaled correctly it had me wondering if it was the Pep designers fault. You have both the print settings and the printer set to horizontal?
I'll admit I'm a noob and I'm working on my first chest piece as well. However I have already made these mistakes. Try checking the setting and reprint. Hopefully it will be bigger the second round

It looks like 1/4 of the size it should be. That's why when you said you had it scaled correctly it had me wondering if it was the Pep designers fault. You have both the print settings and the printer set to horizontal?
I'll admit I'm a noob and I'm working on my first chest piece as well. However I have already made these mistakes. Try checking the setting and reprint. Hopefully it will be bigger the second round

Damn, that's the inkling I was getting. I appreciate the input. I'll scour the forums for more sizing info, but I'd love any advice you'd want to share :)

Well I don't know if it will help but my most recent resizing I had the width set at 430mm. I'm 6 foot as well so your size should be around that zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back