"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hav a simple question. for the pepakura files, should i just print out the file just the way it is, or do i have to scale it in some way?

You should always look at the scale. Measure your head height and compare it to the height of the helmet. Also, you might want to measure your head width and depth to make sure you can fit your grape into the bucket. Don't forget to add an inch or two for air, fans, and padding.

to edit the size of the pepakura file you must have solid converter pdo soft ware,with the software you can make a pepakura file be large like you want,i hope its can be help. sorry with my bad english

I have finally downloaded pepakura!!! but now I cant use it. :( I have no idea how to use it. I tried following directions and some tutorials but i just cant get anywhere. I dont even know how to upload/what kind of file to upload to use to start my project! what do I do?

I have finally downloaded pepakura!!! but now I cant use it. :( I have no idea how to use it. I tried following directions and some tutorials but i just cant get anywhere. I dont even know how to upload/what kind of file to upload to use to start my project! what do I do?

I'm not sure what you mean by loading. Do you plan to load 3d model to unfold? If you already have unfolded modles, all you need to do is open the pepakura files and print it. Before you print, you may need to resize it. See some of the tutorials on how to resize.

I'm not sure what you mean by loading. Do you plan to load 3d model to unfold? If you already have unfolded modles, all you need to do is open the pepakura files and print it. Before you print, you may need to resize it. See some of the tutorials on how to resize.

yup your right,you must have soft ware like the solid converter pdf,with the soft ware you can convert pepakura file into pdf file,after that you can print all your files

to edit the size of the pepakura file you must have solid converter pdo soft ware,with the software you can make a pepakura file be large like you want,i hope its can be help. sorry with my bad english

No, you do not need special software to scale the model. It is a function built into Pepakura Designer.

yup your right,you must have soft ware like the solid converter pdf,with the soft ware you can convert pepakura file into pdf file,after that you can print all your files

Or you could just print it from Pepakura Designer directly.

Why all the recommendations for other software? PD has all the functions you need.

if you convert pdo files into pdf file,so the size will be resize automatis,bechause pdf file have a more large size than pdo file,i was do it and i can.but remammber,if the 3d file you have is small you must resize in 3d software,after that you can resize with the solid converter pdf soft ware
good luck

really i dont know about that,i must try it thanks for your information

It us under "2D Menu>Change Scale". Also, there is a way to print to pdf once you have scaled, though I do not remember how to do it. Please, also read the stickies on scaling. There are many excellent ones out there, and some differ by which file set you use.

if you convert pdo files into pdf file,so the size will be resize automatis,bechause pdf file have a more large size than pdo file,i was do it and i can.but remammber,if the 3d file you have is small you must resize in 3d software,after that you can resize with the solid converter pdf soft ware
good luck

No. Turning a PDO into a PDF doesn't resize anything, especially not automatically. Printing from a PDF does not in any way increase the size of the paper in your printer. Scaling is done in Pepakura Designer and works with any model size. You do not need third party software, and you especially do not need to spend 80 $ on a piece of software that does nothing but convert stuff to and from PDF.

I have no idea what you're doing there, but you should try to do it like everyone else. It's simpler that way.

You wouldn't happen to be an employee of Solid Documents, trying to make the software pop up in Google more often by regularly mentioning the name or somehow profit from their software sales in any way, would you?

No. Turning a PDO into a PDF doesn't resize anything, especially not automatically. Printing from a PDF does not in any way increase the size of the paper in your printer. Scaling is done in Pepakura Designer and works with any model size. You do not need third party software, and you especially do not need to spend 80 $ on a piece of software that does nothing but convert stuff to and from PDF...

I agreed. Pepakura Designer has all the things you need to resize and print. I print all my PDO on PDF. I don't do any printing at home to save on the ink cost. So the only option is to print to PDF and do the printing at work. My work computer does not allow any application to be installed due to firewall/security, so the only option is to print PDF files. And I have yet to see a resize button on PDF.

If you need a PDF creator I suggest that you avoid Solid Documents. I have Solid Documents at home and it sucks. Go to CNET.com or Download.com and search for a PDF creator that is free.

well.. hopefully this is the right place to post this because I kinda would like to know before i get started on my armor ^^;
okay so bear with me i'm new haha ^^;
my question: so i'm a girl and i'm going to try to make south Dakota's armor from red vs blue. It seems like its mark VI gear, but with the halo reach female chest ... yeah know? because you could not switch from male to female until halo reach, and they do not have mark VI to my knowledge .. well I think you get the helmet at brigadier, but not sure of any other mark VI in reach. anyways if someone could watch this video of red vs blue season 9 episode 2 me and my boy are making north and south .. so I kinda need to know what armor they have on and from what game for the "style" of armor you know ^^...
http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=3355

well.. hopefully this is the right place to post this because I kinda would like to know before i get started on my armor ^^;
my question: so i'm a girl and i'm going to try to make south Dakota's armor from red vs blue. It seems like its mark VI gear, but with the halo reach female chest ... yeah know? because you could not switch from male to female until halo reach, and they do not have mark VI to my knowledge .. well I think you get the helmet at brigadier, but not sure of any other mark VI in reach. anyways if someone could watch this video of red vs blue season 9 episode 2 me and my boy are making north and south .. so I kinda need to know what armor they have on and from what game for the "style" of armor you know ^^...

First off, welcome to 405th!

Second, just a piece of advice, please write as you would want people to read it. Without any capitalization and punctuation will just turn people off. After reading what you write/ask, I have no idea what you are trying to convey. You sound like you are rambling incoherently.

Third, please read the stickies to get acclimated with the forum. To start, please watch: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/15735-New-Recruit-Orientation-Video

Next, please read this for noobs.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/14613-Complete-Noob-List

Forth, please do some search using the search button on the top. You may find what you need (because I have no idea what you need). There were some female members completed some female armors. There are some pep files specifically for females. Again, please search for it.

Fifth, enjoy your stay.

I think you may be reading into the Red vs. Blue story a little too much. Not sure what rank and Halo Reach have to do with any of this, since that episode of Red vs. Blue seems to be primarily CGI, and not in-game assets from Halo (other than the map Blackout).

They seem to just be wearing regular, unisex Mark VI armor. Just download the All-in-One Halo Pepakura pack and you'll have all the Mark VI Pep files.

And I agree with CoolC, your post was kind of difficult to read and understand since you didn't really have any cohesive thoughts or actual questions, just ramblings.

Spitfire is correct. All of the freelancers (to include North and South Dakota) in the RvB seriers are wearing MK VI. The only real variation so far has been Agent Maine/The Meta. He wears a couple H3 permutations but still MK IV. You can look to Sutekhain's Meta build if you want to see this armor. The key to defining the Freelancers is the color armor they wear. Keep us posted on the progress of this, it will be good to see some more Freelancer builds out there.

hey all, im new here, and im new to pepakura, hell a few hours ago i didnt even know what pepakura was. but im here cause i had it in my head that i wanted a new hobby which would be making halo/gears armor and with the magic of the internet i found this site.
but then i came up with the idea to make a costume of death from the upcoming game darksiders 2 ( google that and you should get a good pic of him on the last issue of game informer) that i will be walking around the nyc comic con later this year. so after sitting back and figuring if it was even possible, and with the help of indymogul.com im even going all out and making a detailed muscle suit to help the look.
but i still need pepakuras help for the armored pieces. now i have NOOOO idea what im doing. im already figuring out some parts like the cut outs of the fingers already and have already went through rough drafts without the help of pepakura but the main problem im having is most of his armor is made of bones and i cant figure out myself how to get the cut out right with the folds and bends. and since i dont understand pepakura im completely stuck.
i kinda have it in my head that i have to put a 3d model though it and it turns it to a 2d cut out sheet. but i dont know how to find a 3d model of a bone. or how to put it through the program.
any and all help will be greatly welcomed with complements of how great and knowing you are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back