"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I much preferred that 2nd model that ended up being the helmet I used. I got all of my Pep files from the All-in-One Halo Pepakura pack. If you don't have it, a quick search in here for it will most likely find it.

Anyway, that helmet file is called "HD MKVI Helmet 2", and is found in the "HD files" folder of the "Mark VI armor" folder. It has 66 pieces on 15 pages.

I'll be honest with you, helmet scaling is not quite as easy as other pieces like the shins or forearms. My quick and easy scaling tutorial is better suited to those kinds of pieces, and just to give a general idea of how scaling works. However, that process can be applied to the helmet. I measured my head (with someone to help), and then input that into Pep. I forgot how I determined which axis was which, but I probably manually measured the dimensions of the helmet on my screen, and then found the ratios between dimensions, and matched those up the ratios of the dimensions of the default size of the helmet (I hope that makes sense). And only a few inches needs to be added to your head size.

Another thing you can do is take a side view of your head on the computer, and overlay the helmet on top (in Photoshop or something similar). Once you have helmet to look like the right size, find the ratio of your head height to the helmet height, and then apply this ratio to your actual full-size head height to get the helmet height (this is of course assuming you figured out which axis is the height in Pepakura).

Hope this isn't too confusing.

I tried to do what you suggested for scaling. When I input the Height of my head, the width became alot larger than the width I measured, and Vis-versa. I switched around the height and width and depth until the ratio seemed right, but im not sure. I've Pepped the jawline and chin, but it looks way too small. Its not so much small, as it is the -perfect- size for my face, as in there is no room, and there wont be room for anything in there, including padding, and I wont be able to fit my head in it at all. Is there another way to scale it? and which measurement (height/width/depth) should be the longest, because I have no idea, as this is my first project.

I have made a complete Armor and now i try to unfold it. But the first time i made the helm. I cant use the file because wenn i scale it to width 200mm
the height is only 117mm. The second time i unfold the Helm and i made it width 200mm the height was 567mm. What i am doing wrong????
Sry for my bad english but im from germany. Saske

I have made a complete Armor and now i try to unfold it. But the first time i made the helm. I cant use the file because wenn i scale it to width 200mm
the height is only 117mm. The second time i unfold the Helm and i made it width 200mm the height was 567mm. What i am doing wrong????

Nothing. If the height of the model is only half its width, you can't change that. No amount of unfolding or scaling will do anything about it.

Sry for my bad english but im from germany.
That's no excuse! :-D

But the Height of the model is not only the half of its with. Why did i
got the second time i unfold it a height of 567mm?? when the width is 200mm???

But the Height of the model is not only the half of its with. Why did i
got the second time i unfold it a height of 567mm?? when the width is 200mm???

Maybe you mixed up the dimensions when importing the model, had the model standing on it's side or face a different direction? The proportions of the same model will not change, regardless of what you do in Pepakura Designer.

I give up then. I dont know what i do wrong im too stupid to unfold armor parts. Maybe you can look over the Model that i have.

I give up then. I dont know what i do wrong im too stupid to unfold armor parts. Maybe you can look over the Model that i have.

Do you have a link to the file? I doubt I'll be able to unfold it but I think I can tell you what your problem is.

I didn't really know where to put this question so I hope this is the right forum! I've just finished building a pepakura gun and was wondering, what do I do now? :/ Do I resin it and bondo like armor or is there a different method? It's my first ever pep gun!

I didn't really know where to put this question so I hope this is the right forum! I've just finished building a pepakura gun and was wondering, what do I do now? :/ Do I resin it and bondo like armor or is there a different method? It's my first ever pep gun!

You resin the outside, cut a hole and pour rondo (mix of resin and bondo) inside. This should give harden it enough to be used.

hello i want to make a set of armor! i have all the files downloaded (MK VI) but i cannot find them to put into paperkura. i have a pc and want to know where i can find the files. also some tips for scaling and building tips would be AWESOME!

hello i want to make a set of armor! i have all the files downloaded (MK VI) but i cannot find them to put into paperkura. i have a pc and want to know where i can find the files. also some tips for scaling and building tips would be AWESOME!

If you have the files they should be in the foulder that it was saved to. If they're not there you need to make a folder and save them to it. There are also many different programs (i.e. uTorrent) tht hold the files for you.

HELP N00B armor files!

hey everyone!

im gonna make a new, and my first set of armor. Its gonna be a MK VI suit. I have only one problem though. I have all the armor files downloaded as well as paperkura, but i cannot find the files of the armor! I have a PC and NEED some help on finding these files.

also some help N00B tips for starting will be AWESOME!!

hey everyone!

im gonna make a new, and my first set of armor. Its gonna be a MK VI suit. I have only one problem though. I have all the armor files downloaded as well as paperkura, but i cannot find the files of the armor! I have a PC and NEED some help on finding these files.

also some help N00B tips for starting will be AWESOME!!

This is the fourth time you've asked for assistance on this matter. Spitfire22V provided you with good recommendations one of the three other times (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/33837-N00b-help-armor-tips!?p=559614#post559614).

Being new to the website (and/or the hobby) should not be used as an excuse to multi-post. Please stop asking the same question(s) again and again.

As for noob tips...it is your responsibility as a noob to take the initiative to browse and research the information already provided on this site before asking for tips. A good place to begin is Roadkiller's reading list (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30542-NOOB-reading-list). Good luck.

THAnKS hahah sorry i was having trouble on posting that day so i didnt know how many times i posted :3

i have finally found the files!

i have one question, are you able to scate the papercraft files to your bodys measurements?

AWESOME sry for all the questions this lats the last one!

how do i scale? theres a height, width, and depth? How do those corrospond, to my face in this case.

and how do they corrospond with the rest of my body?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back