Higdog827's Masterchief Build (NOW COMPLETE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, quick update today. In fact, not even really an update, just some quick stuff i wanted to show off.

First, have you ever wondered what the perfect lampshade would be? Well i have the answer. UZE RECONZ!!!!

Photo1256.jpg

And yes, That IS a mounted Jaguar hood ornament. Awesome as well yes?

Next I have a little insight for you guys on what I plan to do for my next build. Im planning on following in the footsteps of some fellow field-of-medicine-hopefulls here on the 405th (Dr napkin, im looking at you), and im going to make my Reach spartan, a spartan medic!

medic.png

So im planning on doing the EOD helmet with UA (I think thats what the little side attachment is called), Recon for right shoulder, ODST for left shoulder, and the recon body. Of course, this is just what I THINK im going to do. Nothing is for sure yet.

And heres my latest DUH moment.
So you know how on most forums, you see a lot of people whit those custom signature banners with their names and all that jazz? Well I thought, "hey, I should make one of those!" So I decided to spend an hour making my own! Bad idea. The thing came out great, but when i tried to put it in my signature, the code wouldnt work! So i did a little research and asked around, only to find out that we dont have permission to put images in our signatures! Only the mods and admins can! :( So I successfully wasted an hour making an awesome banner and now i cant use it! :(
Check this thing out!
Higdog827Sig.jpg

(I like Ghost! Can you tell? :D)

Ok, I know this was a pointless update, but i just havent been in the mood to pep lately. Its really nice outside, and ive been enjoying not being snowed in with nothing to do but cut, crease, and glue! But i promise Ill have some more armor-related pics next time. Stay tuned mkay?

its nice to see a fellow buckeye too
Hey, so your in zanesville, thats like the middle-right side of ohio right?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys, ive got some progress on the recon helmet to show you today.

I got the first coat of resin on it. In the next day or so ill put another coat of resin on, then 0im either going to put cloth on the inside, or i might rondo it, not sure yet. What would be the best choice? Ive heard rondo is alot easier to use on the insides of helmets than fiberglass, but im not really sure how to use it. any suggestions are welcome.
Anyway, heres what i got:
Photo1268.jpg

FRONT

Photo1270.jpg

SIDE

Photo1272.jpg

BACK

Ok on another (slightly more sticky) note for all you noobs that might be watching, HERES WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ADD TOO MUCH HARDENER TO RESIN.
Photo1269.jpg

This isnt good because youll end up wasting a lot of resin that could be better used doing something other than forming a sticky glob on my fancy move-able cardboard workstation. Also, this stuff is actually extremely hot (the heat is caused by the reaction between the hardener and resin), so i actually had a little red mark on my fingers for a while. (Although, thats nothing compared to the ridiculous amount of burnt fingers ive gotten throughout this project). So all things aside, dont put too much hardener in, and if you do, dont throw the scraps away imediately cuz you might wake up to a flaming trash can at about 4 in the morning.

Thanks for your support, stay tuned!

Hey everyone, more Recon updates today! This evening i finished glassing and sanding my friends recon helmet! I put another coat on the outside, slushed some around on the inside, then put some cloth down on the inside, then slushed some more resin in there again to seal down that cloth. (I probably didnt have to expain that to you, since its standard fiberglassing procedure)

Ok, heres the final glassed helmet!

Photo1275.jpg

Heres the front. (Note the toilet seat installation diagram in the background. :p)

Photo1276.jpg

Heres a side view of the helmet.

Photo1277.jpg

Heres the inside. I didnt put the cloth on the sides of the helmet, only on the top (I think "crown" is the right word for that part of the head)

Photo127-1.jpg

I know its small on me, but my friends head is smaller than mine, so its ok.

Well, next up for this helmet is paint! My friend wants the helmet red with black accents. Does that sound like a good color combination? I think its pretty good. Theres better combinations, but it should look good. He also wants UNSC on it somewhere. Then after paint, he wants some slight battle damage, then its done! Let me know what you think!!

Recon helmet looks great I just finished putting in my visor in mine today sill need to make adjustments to it with the heat gun to shape it to fit better
IMG_0365.jpg

Pretty good, my friend. My suit's scale may be a little off as well. I think I have the same problem you have. Have a look and see what you think.

Recon helmet looks great I just finished putting in my visor in mine today sill need to make adjustments to it with the heat gun to shape it to fit better

OH GOD THANK YOU!!!!
Ive been in serious need of a good refrence picture so ill know what parts should be black and wich should be red, and this is perfect! The red on this helmet will be where the sage-ish green is on yours, and the black will be where you black is. Also, your helmet looks great! If this turns out as well as yours did, my friend will be quite happy!

Pretty good, my friend. My suit's scale may be a little off as well. I think I have the same problem you have. Have a look and see what you think.

Hey, your scaling doesnt look too bad. I think the main problem with your build right now is the warpage youve got on your helmet. Believe me, it will only get worse when you glass it. You need the most unwarped pep possible if you dont want any warpage when you glass. However, the rest of the suit looks good! Ill be watching it. THough, you might want to put a link to it in your signature, i had to go to your profile then find your started threads to get to it. Whatever you choose to do, good luck on the rest of your build!

-------------------------------------------------

So i was in my basement looking for a can of red sparay paint to use for the recon helmet. I eventually found a good can, but while i was looking, i found a can of metallic silver spray paint! So since i wasnt too happy with the dull gray that was on the blade of my knife, i decided to repaint the blade of the knife with the metallic. It turned out awesome! Check it out!

Photo1280.jpg

Photo1282.jpg

Photo1283.jpg

Ok, so the knife is FINALLY done! Pretty cool huh?

Today, i also put a base coat of black on the recon helmet. Here it is!

Photo1284.jpg

Photo1285.jpg

Alright, thats it for now, ill probably do some more painting tomorrow, I think im done for today.
Hope ya like it!

I literally spent 5mins trying to figure out what the hell your new Avatar is lol. But other than that your R3C0NZ looks aweshum!!!1! Lol

I literally spent 5mins trying to figure out what the hell your new Avatar is lol. But other than that your R3C0NZ looks aweshum!!!1! Lol

XD yeah, thats a picture of me wearing my Ghost balaclava that I thought was really cool looking. it would be easier to see if i could figure out how to make the avatar bigger.. Anyway, thanks for the compliment, i want this thing to be as good as it can be, since my friend is, lets just say, "generously compensating" me for it. (And by that i mean hes paying me. I know theres someone out there who would take that the wrong way.)

XD yeah, thats a picture of me wearing my Ghost balaclava that I thought was really cool looking. it would be easier to see if i could figure out how to make the avatar bigger.. Anyway, thanks for the compliment, i want this thing to be as good as it can be, since my friend is, lets just say, "generously compensating" me for it. (And by that i mean hes paying me. I know theres someone out there who would take that the wrong way.)

So your saying that he's compensating for something? LOL sorry, had to! But back to your avatar, at frist I was thinking "Is that Jorge's shin? No.... that'd be an odd avatar... though it does look like a shin..... hmmm" LOL

So your saying that he's compensating for something? LOL sorry, had to! But back to your avatar, at frist I was thinking "Is that Jorge's shin? No.... that'd be an odd avatar... though it does look like a shin..... hmmm" LOL

How does it look like a shin?? i set the screen about ten feet away, squinted my eyes, smacked myself in the face, and i still didnt see the shin! Then again, maybe its because I know what its supposed to be. Ya know, like when you see something and think it looks like a certain thing, then you find out what its actually supposed to be, then you cant see it how you originally did? (that probably didnt make any sense, but you probably get what i mean.)

How does it look like a shin?? i set the screen about ten feet away, squinted my eyes, smacked myself in the face, and i still didnt see the shin! Then again, maybe its because I know what its supposed to be. Ya know, like when you see something and think it looks like a certain thing, then you find out what its actually supposed to be, then you cant see it how you originally did? (that probably didnt make any sense, but you probably get what i mean.)
Hahaha I know exactly what you mean, but try to see your goggle lens as a kneepad and the skull part looks like a sideview of jorges shin lol.

i think if you're going to use such a low def pep for the recon helmet that you should have gone for the body filler to smooth it out. The pep work is solid and clean, but to go through that kind of work just to paint something that will not end up looking nearly as clean as it could because you didn't go for the body filler seems like a bit of a wasted effort. it would probably help your paintwork also, allowing the paint to have a better surface to adhere to which will help keep your paint lines cleaner than they are.

Hahaha I know exactly what you mean, but try to see your goggle lens as a kneepad and the skull part looks like a sideview of jorges shin lol.

OHH! I think i see it!

Anyways, back to the build. I decided to do a bit more painting tonight. I sprayed the inside black as well, put a second coat of black on, and i did some sanding on the parts that arent going to stay black. its coming along pretty well!

Photo1288.jpg

Photo1290.jpg

-----------------------------------

Alright, now to give you a quick look into the little slice of hell that I call my mind! :)

Photo1291.jpg

Sally the Sanding Block is enjoying her brand new custom painted Xbox controller!

Creeped out a little? its ok. i was reeeeeeeally bored. Anyway, i hope you like it! ill probably get the red paint on it tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Thx for the compliment on my helmet I am very happy with it. I also made the one you are making it didn't turn out well for me im not the best at detailing the helmet in the end so I went with smooth recon file props go out to BELAKORS and Macattack64 for the awesome recon files. here is a pic of the first recon helmet I made like the one you are wrkn on.
hh.jpg

Hey guys, im going to be painting the red onto the helmet tonight, but first i need to clarify some stuff. Here is a picture i already posted of the side the helmet.
Photo1276.jpg

Now here is a picture i whipped up real quick to show what parts will be red and which will be black. Does this look right?
Photo1276-1.jpg

I think this is right, Right? Please, i really need to make sure this is right, if i screw it up ill be really sad... So get back to me on this ok? Thanks!

yes the color is correct if you need ref images I added some of my spartan from Halo 3, you can Google recon helmet and look in the images, also make sure you smooth it out before paint the pep file you went with makes it real boxey looking so bondo the hell out of it and sand it down to your liking because sanding paint sucks.

halo3_120532600_Full.jpg

halo3_120532552_Full.jpg

I hate to be a bother but could you point me in the direction that you got the files for all of the armor you have so far? I am embarrassed to say that I have been having trouble getting the ones I need and it looks like your doing far better than I could expect to do. So if you are more than willing to lend a hand I would be very grateful.
Many thanks-
John

Also higdog827 I just rememberer this when I did my helmet I noticed that the visor was uneven on my helmet and it was off by a little slant what I found to be a quick and easy fix was mighty putty its this nasty smelling crap thats hard to kneed but it does the job and you can sand it and paint it.

rrrr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back