Honda Civic Car Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

big4wheeler

Jr Member
Hey guys that picture attached is my new honda civic, as you can see it needs a new paint job and i'm looking for a new bodykit. Anyways I was wondering if anybody has any ideas for a paint job with some cool graphics? I want to base it around halo. Besides the bodykit and paintjob I do not want to make any other major modifications to the body (aka putting a turret ontop or rockets on the side).

I'd just make it look new.. Don't mess around with bodykits or crazy paintjobs, there are too many ricers in this world.. get a quality paint job, at the most stripes, but I'd go for the factory look personally, and then dump whatever money you have left into engine mods... Nothing wrong with a civic, has potential, but when you start slapping body kits, japanese letters and wierd paint designs it starts to get a bit ridiculous (my opinion though, many would disagree)..

But that's just my advice, since you asked for it. Personally, your car should be what you want. I know with my car I walk into the parking lot and realize that of all the cars in that lot at the moment, mines the one I'd choose everytime, but thats because it fits what I'm looking for. (I drive a 99 firebird formula.. without the trans am body kit and badges most people make the mistake of assuming its a v6, which makes for a lot of fun for me, even left the factory exhaust on to keep it quiet and feed the assumptions, nothing better then smoking someone who pulls up and revs next to you and is in for a big suprise!). It really comes down to what you want, but again, if your going to ask for advice from random people, mine is going to be minimal show, maximum go. I reckon save your money and get a turbo or something cool. Oh and as much as I'm a halo addict, I'd avoid slapping halo stickers on my car, unless the personal satisfaction you get from having the stickers is worth more then the ridicule. If you have the confidence to pull it off, more power to ya. Again your car should be something that makes you happy everytime you sit in it, thats the most important thing, and you need to go for that no matter what. Hope that helps!

OMG! You stole my car and painted it! :lol: .

I'm guessing 89 Honda Civic DX Hatchback? Yeah, same car I bought a couple of months ago.

Great gas mileage and a pretty interesting body shape in my opinion.

I personally would say take care of the engine before the body then go ahead and trick it out as you will.

I like music therefore my car is getting it's stereo system upgraded big time, then I'm taking care of the body piece by piece. I may end up buying a new engine for it if I don't find any body rust (Which from the looks of it I believe it's pretty clear) and just repair it up to as good as new as I can.

Is this your first car? If so, don't bother painting it unless it REALLY REALLY needs it. Just a waste of money when you'll probably drive it until it's near death anyway. Then you just have a cool looking pile of scrap.

Take care of the engine so it lasts you as long as you'll need it until you can afford another car, which if done properly could be 10-15 years from now. I imagine you'll want a new car a lot sooner than that though. Trust me. ;)

paint it to look like a warthog
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

All right guys, thanks for all the input and keep it coming!
Volkov thats a pretty sweet ride. My uncle has a 65 chevy malibu ss and its the nicest sounding car I have ever heard
Also heres a picture of the engine I've restored some of it(the acu, exhaust, radiator, serp belt, fuel filter, etc.) and I do have a couple of mods im going to put on, so please don't get the impression that I just want to make it look cool...i love going fast and we have a drag strip/track only a couple miles down which ive always wanted to race at.

I agree, some new paint would improve its looks no end; some racing stripes would look kick ass! I'm thinking red with white stripes... *Thinks about Starsky and Hutch*

You should definately get down to your local circuit for some Track-Day action! Perhaps, if you save, new suspension and some new brakes would really get it flying round the track *Stops herself before she starts a pointless racing rant*

@ Volkov, my Great-Grandad used to have a Pontiac Firebird! He has a thing about American cars; has an old Dodge Ram Charger at the moment ... but wow, that Firebird used to make on hellova noise! I envy you!

BFDesigns said:
Put a machine gun on it! Why the hell not? Go all out!

Hehe.. A machine gun would be really unique.. If you need the pep file I can fish it out fer ya lol.

Goodluck with your ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Femalespartan I'm thinking about something a little bit darker....anyways I don't want to paint it red because the cops pull over red cars first (at least the myth goes) and a speeding ticket is the last thing I need

Halofreak now you bring that up maybe.....lol it might put the school cops on alert though if I pull with two machineguns mounted on the sides...or any guns mounted to my car

Female spartan, I find it ironic that anyone english respects and america car, although I myself am in the states and my mother owns a v12 XJS, but I have succumbed to american muscle, so I guess I'm a bit ironic myself.

Big4wheeler, nothing commands more respect at a dragstrip than an understating car opening a can of whoop ass on a flashy car, let alone the real streets where your likely to get challenged by someone with too much confidence. Keep modding that engine (as I'm happy to hear your into) and when that thing rocks american muscle and other civics, you will demand respect.. I hope that car is as lucky to have you as an owner as you are to have something with so much potential.. Good luck! And the solid red thing.. it's cool, my car is red, but at the same time.. I've been busted a good amount of times, and been threatened with jail time... so red's not always great!

this is mine <3.. Lots of speeding tickets, but lots of fun
far.jpg

volkov said:
Big4wheeler, nothing commands more respect at a dragstrip than an understating car opening a can of whoop ass on a flashy car, let alone the real streets where your likely to get challenged by someone with too much confidence. Keep modding that engine (as I'm happy to hear your into) and when that thing rocks american muscle and other civics, you will demand respect.. I hope that car is as lucky to have you as an owner as you are to have something with so much potential.. Good luck! And the solid red thing.. it's cool, my car is red, but at the same time.. I've been busted a good amount of times, and been threatened with jail time... so red's not always great!

I understand what you mean by underestimating a car, my dad use to race motorcycles and he had a shovelhead that was a sleeper (thats what we call those junkers that pwn) and he won a great many bets :lol:

dpchief216 said:
How do you get the halo design in forza? I want to know!!!

I made that myself with the shapes and stuff by manipulating them. I have this one too and another one with master chief green with that 350z background

70c7db82-fa2a-432b-85b1-0304508cd2c.jpg

f30d7479-a828-4a03-97fd-9133ae2486e.jpg

Macattack64 said:
I made that myself with the shapes and stuff by manipulating them. I have this one too and another one with master chief green with that 350z background

70c7db82-fa2a-432b-85b1-0304508cd2c.jpg

f30d7479-a828-4a03-97fd-9133ae2486e.jpg
Dude thats bamf
Your designs are so good it makes me want to steal them (not without giving you the credit :D ) but for now im still just all eyes and ears

First off I gotta say not a big fan of imports actually I a hate them with a passion, no offence, My oppinion nothing beats the sound or feel of a V8 just my oppinion. Second volkov that's a mighty fine car you've got there I thought about buying one but i went with an 06 monte carlo instead. I've got the old school 88 monte SS with a 400HP 350 to drop in it for my real muscle can't wait for that. Not going the sleeper aproach Gutted dual exhaust it's gonna be loud! And there's lastly femalespartan there's nothing wrong with a racing rant lol

Now to the actual thread :p do what volkov said. performance and reliability come first. And nothing beats the look on someones face when a sleeper beats them. Before I baught the 06 monte I drove a beat up old 90 GMC pickup paint was like yours and I wished every day it had a nice paint job almost got it repainted too, But now that I have a new car with nice paint I'm always paranoid someones gonna scratch it, hit it with something, BACK INTO IT Oh yeah my monte got it pissed me off to no end! My point is now I'd prefer to still be driving my truck had a blast cause I didn't care what happened to the body.

But like said it's yours do what you want, though I would avoid the body kit, unless you can handle being called a ricer. and if you do get a nice paint job and it's your daily driver my advice is avoid black like the plague, I wash mine and within a couple hours it needs washed again, will get dusty just sitting there. The Red thing's a myth man if you drive sencible your not gonna get a ticket, 2nd of all save the driving like an idiot for the track tickets aren't worth it! A good chunk of the time you pass someone and you get caught by a light and they catch back up or held up by even slower traffic and they catch up and all you've done is make yourself look like an idiot. Seriously save it for the track I learned the hard way, Got caught doing 101km/hr in a 60 zone, cop dropped it to 90km/hr $150 fine and 4pts on my license, rack up a couple of those bad boys and then your paying out your caboose for insurance. Also have a buddy who I hope to god your not like, Just because honda's are in Fast and the Furious they're one bad ass race machine and think you can out run the cops. He ended up losing his license for like 3 years and there was a possiblilty for jail time though I don't think he ever served any.

Sorry for the novel but that's my 2 cents

volkov said:
Female spartan, I find it ironic that anyone english respects and america car, although I myself am in the states and my mother owns a v12 XJS, but I have succumbed to american muscle, so I guess I'm a bit ironic myself.

Haha, I adore American muscle cars, I got a thing for Corvettes actually! I wanna move to the US when the time's right, or at least do a big road trip through the States. My friends tell me I'm all American on the inside!
I'm in LOVE with NASCAR :love:

Anyway, I like all the ideas of engine mods; I think that Civic could really fly!

Good luck, make sure to show us the final product! :]

Can do femalespartan (y) but its gonna take me a while to get up enough cash to buy the paintjob (I work for 7.25$ an hour and I cant work more than 20 hours during school)

I'm looking for a blank civic picture that I could mess around with. If anyone could find one I'd be eternally greatful :not worthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back