How did you find us?

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by Doom, May 15, 2008.

1. ThreeDelta

ThreeDelta

Haha this is the same way I found out.

2. MoHawkMarine

MoHawkMarine New Member

Watching youtube on prop building. Specifically Ironman, I like forums so I joined up.

3. Alkatraz

Alkatraz

I started by watching DaFrontlineTrooper's videos on YouTube, then I followed his basic tutorials, making some props. One day he mentioned the 405th on his Facebook page so I found this community and joined.

4. Lowcone494

Lowcone494

Saw some people at a con wearing really well done spartan suits and later that night i googled how to make halo armor and the 405th was right there. I looked at some threads and my jaw was on the floor for a while. I signed myself up seconds later. I love this community!

5. Bulmung4

Bulmung4 New Member

One of my fellow prop makers suggested this site because I started to learn about Pepakura, but bit off a bit more than I could chewy and needed some help, not to mention I am hugs fan of Halo and have begun planning to make some armour and weapons.

6. ADAWG99

ADAWG99 New Member

7. Spartan 043

Spartan 043 New Member

I went to two conventions am met some members and they gave me some tips on armor making and told me I should sign up and check it out and I thought it was interesting so here I am

8. MicroODST

MicroODST

Heya! Name's Kat and I'm a costumer from the Mandalorian Mercs! I was brought into the 405th after researching about different costumes that I was thinking of making. The Halo costume has struck out to me because of the armored tank look and the non showy side of cosplay. (I'm not a fan of showing off my skin). I also love playing Halo and being in armor (in the mercs) was a lot of fun, but I would love to branch out. I also ran into the Pacific Regiment booth at WonderCon this last year and I loved the various weapons on display.

9. m073

m073

google told me when i searched for halo pepakura files and pictures ;)

10. JD of Asgard

JD of Asgard

I'd always been interested in building halo armor and even found a few tutorials online but I attended a Dragoncon panel about halo costuming and the people doing the panel were active members.

11. harvola

harvola New Member

Welp, for me, it started out as a loooong chain. I began by looking for computer building tutorials and computer tips because I had just bought a bunch of parts for assembly. There was one YouTube channel (of which I have forgot the name) that had these. And as I was scrolling through his videos, I stumbled upon one mentioning Pepakura. I watched that video and got interested. I started searching through all of the Internets for Pep sources to quench my thirst for cosplay. I eventually came across this website, to which I very happy I did. :cool

12. Jhon117

Jhon117 New Member

Actually I found this forum some years ago, looking for help to make a Master Chief armor. Few days ago, looking for images of ODST armor I found it again... And here I am.

13. ColdAdamantium

ColdAdamantium

Ever since my first run in Combat Evolved, I wanted Spartan armor.
    After seeing a few Spartans at Fan Expos over the past couple years, I decided it was time to try and craft my own.
    I googled.
    I found the 405th.
    Voila!

14. Noble 10

Noble 10

i found this site from the halo pep index

15. MNCProps

MNCProps Jr Member

Found that thread while looking for some Skyrim Pep files

16. Blondiebot

Blondiebot

I found the site while searching for ideas for my pep builds. I joined back then, but only recently became actively involved when it became time to actually start working on my halo build. So, short answer is: google!

17. CoolRextreme

CoolRextreme New Member

Instructables for Spartan armor all da way :D

18. ZP180

ZP180

Instructables for Halo Armour and then Google back in October. Stayed in the background reading like crazy before joining about a month later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Ckesner

Ckesner New Member

I found my way here from the RPF.

20. IshidaRyusei

IshidaRyusei

I came across this when watching a few youtube videos and heard the name mentioned a few times so I'd figured I would give you guys a look as I am planning to make Cortana's upgrade from the new halo 5 and eventually a set of Mjolnir Spartan Armour for the Chief (not sure how that will work as I'm a really petit female but we'll see). Turns out I am not disappointed and will be active on here for the months and hopefully years to come.

Ashuraa and MyrHerder like this.
  21. Sentri

Sentri

by now I've seen multiple halo costumes, but when I first saw them I thought that it would be awesome to be able to do something like that, and started looking at tutorials, where I first saw about the 405th. To be honest, when I first looked into pepakura it seemed like it was hard as heck. I also knew of the rep with the 501st and when I saw the 405th at first, I thought it was kinda the same, but when I looked into it more, I found how the community here is, and well...here I am.

22. wolverine

wolverine Jr Member

Google Search, looking for reference material on Halo suits and vehicle designs...

23. CommanderPalmer

CommanderPalmer Membership Officer

Through Google I think. I THINK.
    I'm not sure. I've seen many photos of 405th members, but I thought these were just people cosplaying. I've even seen photos on the Halo Waypoint...
    Only when I've finally wanted to do my costume, I've started to research and well, 405th is like the first Google found, so I gotten here... and registered.

24. TheCostumeGeek

TheCostumeGeek New Member

i think it was a think between found you while doing research and been brought here by fellow costumers as I wanted to start on my Armor.
    I wasn't very active since I registered but I try to change.

I think everyone who does the slightest research on Halo / Armor costuming / Building will find out about 405th sooner or later^^

25. TheCostumeGeek

TheCostumeGeek New Member

i think it was a think between found you while doing research and been brought here by fellow costumers as I wanted to start on my Armor.
    I wasn't very active since I registered but I try to change.

I think everyone who does the slightest research on Halo / Armor costuming / Building will find out about 405th sooner or later^^