How did you find us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I'm Michael- one of your new members, and i just wanted to introduce myself (apologies if there is a thread already for this- i couldnt find it!)

Searching for methods to create a fantastic, ambitious armour halloween costume for next year, i was researching pics of iron man, master chief etc on the internet, when i got a link to here via youtube!

Having been poring over the site for a few days now ive decided to make a master chief costume this year, and perhaps design my own costume next year, when i get experience of using gmax and pepakura etc.

ive downloaded and printed some pep files already (thanks to whoever provided them btw) and intend to start cutting and folding tonight!

Great to be here- some really talented and artistic members, and many of the costumes are mindblowing!!

I'm so glad I found this place!!

I StumbledUpon instructables.com and did a search for halo armour and came across this little gem:

Build Halo Armor at Instructables.com

Thus I came here, I've been looking for something like this ever since Nightmare Armour made their first helmet. I was never able to figure out how to do it for myself tho and now i can :cool:

I've had the 405th bookmarked for a while now and have been waiting to register.

I've already started pepping my first model, I think it might be a bit small tho. Ah well, will be good practice to make the next one the right size and better.

Same as everyone else it seems, google. i was bored one day looking for nightmare armor, and low and behold stumbled upon this place of wonder.

I'm another newbie, but I've been lurking around for a while now. The open registrations was just the perfect welcome :) .

I discovered it through Skullcandygirl's Indymogul spot through youtube. Glad I found it, and even happier now that I can start interacting with the community.

i was looking for maps for halo ce on google and the wiki came up as a search result...then i found a guy on youtube named abrant3 and checked out his videos for a while then i found out about the 405th.....and well... here i am

Thinking back... way back...
I have heard about you guys ever since I started wearing my (blue) MC outfit.

I've hosted prop building pannels at several (anime) conventions now, and I usually mention you guys.

I found this site awhile ago; from the Clonetroopers.net board. I book marked you guys and tooled around. I was too busy acquiring and putting together Star Wars Republic Commando armor. I purchased a BOSS set of armor but left it GRUNT white.

[attachment=7476:IMG_1737.jpg]

[attachment=7478:IMG_5557.JPG]

Now that is done, I wanted to see how things have changed in the last year here. I also wanted to research "how to fan build" armor. Threads of what NOT to do and threads of How to do it RIGHT.

i heard about this sight while i was actually looking for video tutorials on how to make samurai armour on youtube. i had found a video on making samurai armour, by the group called indymogul, and after watching that, the indymogul video on how to make your own DIY halo armour out of pepakura was one of the videos that came up after.

I found this forum via Google on Nov 3rd about 3 hours after registration was closed. Then separately I found SkullCandyGirl's awesome tutorial on instructables.com. I have been addicted ever since. Posting pics soon.

Google search after my son ask if I could build a Halo style turret gun for our halloween deco next year. We are tired of the Haunted house look and want to try a spacehulk type setting.

Howdy!

I knew about this place for a while (one of my buds has been a member for a while) and only now decided to get into the armor making. I did want to join sooner, but lo and behold, registration was closed. Ah well, didn't affect to much. Now I am here and will start on marine armor as soon as I get out of spring semester (I'll be too busy during the semester). Until then I'll be seeing how everyone does theirs and what tecniques are better.

Until next time.

I've known about you guys for over a year now at least, I found you guys through 4chan's /po/ board, I used to frequent there alot, now it's here. (but I still go back every now and again for non-halo/wearable pepakuras)

ashamedly from 4chan!!

i enjoy paparcraft to i was browsing their papercraft/ origami forum a few months ago and saw someone had made a master chief helmet and i though "damn, thats sweet" so i started a thread asking if anyone knew how to go about making the helmet and armour, and a lot of people directed me here, turns out 4chan users can be helpful!

I'm at the moment in the starting steps of building my own Guy Manuel (daft punk) helmet and by sheer chance (lets call it google) I ended up on this super site with lots tips and hints much kudos guys.

I know iim back aways here, but i just got around to posting in here. I learned about 405th way back two halloweens ago when i wanted some master chief armor for me and a friend. After some research, i discovered instructables.com. While i was searching around, I found a tut by Dr. Professor Jake Biggs or something of that nature when the hi def models hadn't even come out yet. I followed his instructable to Mjolnir.com where I finally ended up here.

And here I am........

I was watching the Halo 3 release special at gametrailers.com, they started talking about Halo armourers. The they had interviews with Adam, Blurealm and Sean. After that I did a google search and here I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back