Hughs Odst Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
there should be a button in the 2d menu that says, "Invert Pattern." 1 click and you have a precise mirror image of the original. That will work.

arbitergomez:
question 1: Hugh did a tutorial thread on his visor process. It is awesome. Link below.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30968-Tutorial-ODST-Visors-(and-other-useful-info)

Question2: I believe you can go into pepakura designer, open your file. Then go to 2D Menu, scroll down and click Invert Pattern. That should give you a flipped pattern that should work.

Edit: My bad, Fett. My browser is acting wierd, it did not show your above post until after I hit submit.

i wonder where i could buy a suit

Hugh gives you links to all his pep file so you can build your own suit, then its your own personal set of armor, if you don't know how to build one yet then read the stickies and learn how to build it. good luck

Hi I'm Shock\Trooper-2148 and I'm building Hugh's ODST Battle Armor. I have the files in hand, I'm already working on gathering the material needed to use for the project. Currently, my build process has come to a sudden halt. I'm four weeks away from hitting finals in college. Because of this, I'm mostly focused on preparing the scaling of every armor piece on Pep. In the past, I've actually worked with Pep when Pep actually first came out. However, it was my cousin who scaled and printed out the files. I have more experience folding Pep rather than editing it. I want to try something knew. My height is 5'11''. I've been researching over some scaling methods from some of the resource here on the forums. I don't know if I'm right on the mark with my calculation.
Since every armor piece is already set to default for a person with a height of 6ft, should I increase the scale for every armor piece 2-3 inches
or more or should I just leave the parts the way they are?
Here my example:
75’’ / 72’’ = 1.042 × the Original Parts Layout (10)
^ I added a few inches.
Am I right? If not what should I do?

Hi I'm Shock\Trooper-2148 and I'm building Hugh's ODST Battle Armor. I have the files in hand, I'm already working on gathering the material needed to use for the project. Currently, my build process has come to a sudden halt. I'm four weeks away from hitting finals in college. Because of this, I'm mostly focused on preparing the scaling of every armor piece on Pep. In the past, I've actually worked with Pep when Pep actually first came out. However, it was my cousin who scaled and printed out the files. I have more experience folding Pep rather than editing it. I want to try something knew. My height is 5'11''. I've been researching over some scaling methods from some of the resource here on the forums. I don't know if I'm right on the mark with my calculation.
Since every armor piece is already set to default for a person with a height of 6ft, should I increase the scale for every armor piece 2-3 inches
or more or should I just leave the parts the way they are?
Here my example:
75’’ / 72’’ = 1.042 × the Original Parts Layout (10)
^ I added a few inches.
Am I right? If not what should I do?

I talked with Hugh about this not long ago since i am also slightly taller (6.4ft). i simply took the height of what ever armor piece i am currently working on and using a same method. for example the hip plate is standerd 20cm so i divided that by 72 inches and got 0.27778 and this i then multiplied by 76 and got the piece to equal 21.11cm. this is a great solution for the hieght issue but then again i havent had as much experiance as this as hugh or other members so i always measure myself just to be double positive.
also theres the man himself with which you could ask, and since hes already almost built each piece theres no better source for answers.

OT: Looking forward to more pictures hugh, always a great inspiration to see fellow ODST followers and their work!

Thanks for the reply! When I tried the method, they actually worked! Thanks for the Info. By the way you should try and add a few more inches into your scale. Just in case you suddenly start to grow out of it. Just a little FYI.

for example the hip plate is standerd 20cm so i divided that by 72 inches and got 0.27778 and this i then multiplied by 76 and got the piece to equal 21.11cm.
Why did you use the number 76? Please let me know. I'm try to find the Right scaling for my armor, too.

Why did you use the number 76? Please let me know. I'm try to find the Right scaling for my armor, too.

He's 6'4" or something close to it, 6 feet 4 inches equals 76 inches.

Hugh scaled his files for a 6 feet tall person, I assumed so that's where the 72 comes from also.

Well, this is what I think.

So you divide the piece's hight by your estimated height(72 in the case) you then Multiplied it by 76(Real height) and got your answer there?

It does look simple enough. I'm going to try it on my torso.

wow yea i should have stated where those numbers come from im sorry about that. but yes the 72 is inches from what the armor is scaled to (a 6 foot person) and my 76in came from me being 6ft 4 inches. i find it perfect for most armor pieces that dont interact with other pieces but those such as ASDCrockr has stated (torso) i would measure your body just in case. im peping the torso right now and found out i need to scale it to an even bigger size, it does fit me but there is almost no room for the under armor i plan to wear. for some though it might end up to fit perfectly, but in the end like i said in my previous post just double measure and make sure the numbers you get are numbers you will like

Do you know what the helmet is scaled to? Like I'm a hat size 61/4 to 6 3/8 or a medium in a regular helmet size

The inside helmet size, once you take into account the flanges on the individual components, you are probably between a medium and a large. I wear a large, and my head hits all of the flanges. Its not a tight fit, but it goes on. I hope that helps.

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back