Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

Brand new to the forum and the entire costuming community, although I have been interested in it for a long time & love putting together my own costumes for Halloween. I'm looking forward to challenging myself and getting to know some of you.

Name: benjamin

Profession:none

Favorite Hobby: video game

Favorite part of halo:

Favorite Halo: halo 3

Favorite Video Game: Halo 3

Other Interests: I play at halo and i play guitar .

Favorite Food: Pizza/chicken strips

Favorite Finisher: rondo? Lol

Favorite Band: Carnifex

Favorite Movie(s):the goonies *

other: Hello everbody i m french and i love halo 3 and cosplay bye

Name: Christopher

Profession: Healthcare IT

Favorite Hobbies: Mixed bag of video games, reading (to include Manga) and costuming

Favorite Halo: 2

Favorite Video Game: Currently Fallout 3

Other Interests: Martial Arts, music, Sci-Fi/Fantasy and other weirdness

Favorite Food: Sushi!

Favorite Band: Southern All Stars

Favorite Movie(s): 300, Ironman, Lord of the Rings

Originally I became interested in making costumes and armor in '03 after my wife made Jedi costumes for me and my two boys. We looked awesome...geeky, but awesome. I then made an attempt at some "knight" armor using cut-up plastic buckets and faux leather...FAIL.

Then in '08, after a hiatus, I started researching costuming and came across a multitude of sites, discovering the 405th, 501st, Thedentedhelment as well as the wide world of cosplay.

That Halloween, attempted to make 3 sets of Masterchief armor...only managed 1. Thanks especially to Skullcandy Girl and AoBFrost for showing me non-toxic ways to make the armor and to Flyingsquirl and Robogenesis for their pep models, plus the countless members of the 405th who've taken the time to detail their methods.

I think it came off o.k....in comparison to the other costumes in my area, but having run out of time, it wasn't quite where I wanted it to be. Made the local news though.

[attachment=16231:31 Oct 08a.JPG]

The following year, I switched gears attempting samurai armor out of cardboard and hot glue. Again, it came off pretty well in comparison to others, but not quite what I wanted.

[attachment=16232:31 Oct 09a.JPG]

This year I'm going to push a little harder and actually try to build more permanent costumes using resin/fiberglass, and maybe even try a bit of molding....hopefully I can come closer to what's considered 'standard' quality for the 405th.

name: iskender noah ergec

profession: music producer/sound engineer, currently in military also

ex-marine, martial arts instructor, tattoo designs

location: san francisco, ca but lived all over turkey, san jose, oakland, los angeles

favourite halo: 3 honestly

favourite part of halo: end of 3 where all hell breaks loose

favourite game: halo 1,2,3, odst, reach, codmw1-2, dead space any fps that i can get into

favourite character: ruby malone from wet, chief

favourite bands: deftones, dim mak, suffocation, cannibal corpse, throwdown, d.o.a, dead kennedys, black flag, misfits, led zep, jimi hendrix......hella bands i love music yo

hobbies: armour building, skateboarding, art, bmx riding, martial arts, motocross, guns, fast cars and hot chicks

favourite food: japanese, chinese, turkish, italiano, mexicano

my ethnicity: i'm asian( mongolian turkish tatarian), white, native american, middle eastern, and latin

martial arts forms studied:

ninjitsu(12 years)

muay thai(7 years)

mekei(7 years)

i been studyin martial almost all my life i incorporate several other forms into my style as well includin submissions, jujitsu, kung fu wu shu and wing chen

a little about me:

i used to be in the marines good 8-9 years ago never finished left because of 9/11, was is armored infantry our unit was first deployed over seas, left because my gf at time and baby brother, got drafted into the turkish military right afterwards been a soldier in turk military for over 8 years and proud, ive studied multiple forms of martial arts as well as work as a music producer now making beats and recording recordin artists in san francisco....im also a musician signed to american dream records...other than that im half asian dads asian moms mixed white and im proud of that....hope that fills in the gaps

sorry for postin a reply twice figured i'd do a better post

armour pics comin soon havent started work on it yet

Name: Matt M

Favorite halo: ODST

Favorite part of halo: when you walk under the road on 4 player co-op on costal highway and find the rocket launchers with 999 rockets

favorite video game: Odst and dead space

Favorite food: Italian

Name: Dubem I

Profession: in High school

Favorite Hobby: Playing football, lacrosse, and wrestling for my higschool.

Favorite Video Game: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Other Interests: music,computers,video games, making stuff and the internt.

Favorite Food: I'd have to say probably pizza or burgers.

Other: Lax Brah!

Name: Gabe Rivas

Profession: Volunteer Firefighter In-Training

Favorite Hobby: Drawing, Pepping, Thinking...etc :D

Favorite part of halo: the story, the universe.... and who the hell could ever forget the squidlies?

Favorite Halo: ODST

Favorite Video Game: the entire Olah franchise...except Wars.

Other Interests: hanging out with my freinds, bull$#!Tting.

Favorite Food: Ramen... it's just the withdrawels that bug me...

Favorite Finisher: Reach. The new assasination move ;D

Favorite Band: Gorillaz

Favorite Movie(s): Astroboy, Up, Requiem for a Dream

Other: This is Delta 3, Sierra Gabe-R07

Name: Matt

Profession: Surgical Assist

Favorite Hobbies: Gaming, Mountain Biking, Fiberglassing

Favorite Halo: Never played. PS3 Owner

Favorite Video Game: BFBC2

Other Interests: Star Wars, Aliens, Predator

Favorite Movie(s): Current Genre

I have never tried pepakura. For what ever reason I am on an Iron Man kick. I started prop making 10 years ago with a Boba Fett helmet that was put together poorly. Since then I have made many molds, many helmets, spent a lot of money on this hobby. I plan to make 2 Iron Man at the same time. So this will be interesting.

Hello everyone! Nice to meet you all. I'm new to the community and would like to introduce myself

The name is Juan-Carlos, but everyone usually just calls me Beta (long story)!

Favorite Game: Entire Halo series

Favorite Halo Moment(s): Twin scarabs in Halo 3 and Halo 2's level with all alien races fighting amongst one another (forgot the name of the level >.<)

Favorite Novel: Halo: Ghost of Onyx (Quite the halo fan as you can tell xD)

Favorite Food: Safe to say it is sushi as of now

Favorite Movie: Lots but ironman was way up there ^^

Favorite Band: A Day To Remember. Check them out, they're awesome! \m/

Reason for joining 405th: The thought of having halo armor that i have created is truly inspiring, already have i created a helmet with help of this community and i plan on sticking around to meet everyone AND share any techniques i come up with!

Hobbies: Gaming, Bike Riding, Eating, Crafting, others i can't come up with.

A little about myself:

I come from a boring town called Elmsford in New York. Currently I am at a community college with Computer Science as a major, however I plan on transferring to Devry next semester in Texas! Creativity was really looked down upon around here since the norm is to party, drink, smoke, and not care about what's to come. It's hard to be yourself when everyone around you just looks down at you. However, lately i have grown more and more able to dispatch myself from them and just do what i truly want to do. Yes I want to make Halo armor. No I do not want to drink and party. And yes, call me a loser for wanting to become a game designer. I'm coming out of my shell and I refuse to lie to myself anymore.

Aside from the emotions that leaked out in the sentences above, I'm always happy and smiling! I love meeting new people and making them laugh. Honestly, i would love to attend all those game events and similar events which i do plan on doing shortly after i move from this dreaded place! As for now, i will be around the community thanking those that i have already used for my creations. On that note i will wrap this bio up and move on to give my gratitude to those tutorials that got me started ^^

-Beta :lol

Name: Izabel Cortez

Profession: Secretary by Weekdays, Cosplayer by Weekends. LOL.

personal description about myself: I'm just an average obssessive-compulsive, narcissistic, attention-deficit hyperactive disordered geek, weirdo, cat-lover, cosplayer and artist that gets a kick on making other people's lives chaotic.lol. Yup, I'm just average. seriously. haha!

I love meeting people and hearing their stories and i love sharing my stories to others too.

I am currently into cosplay which I just started last year May. So far, I am enjoying it so much. I have always wanted to do this but I only had the chance to start doing it last year because an opportunity made it happen. Let's just say that my priorities were a bit different then. It's a long story actually. hahaha!

I love anime, music, books,graphics, photography and almost everything that I think i can do. I love learning. I love cats! I'm a cat-lover and I love everything about them. I love pets in general, because it runs in the family but if there's one pet I really like, its cats. Somehow, I kinda associate some characteristics of myself in them - they are highly independent, sweet, fun-loving, curious and highly dangerous when provoked. hahaha!

I see myself as a fun-loving person although I also am very sarcastic sometimes. I believe that one must enjoy life as it is despite all the trials that comes along its way. I tend to look at the brighter side of things more often than not because I believe that I do not need to stress myself if it is unnecessary. besides, I know that God knows what is better for me therefore I place my faith and life in His hands.

Everybody is welcome to be my friend here and I am excited to what this site has in store for me.

You may also want to check out some of my other sites:

DA - http://www.izabelcortez.deviantart.com

Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/izabel_cortez/

Name: Adam

Profession: College Senior (Finance, Accounting, Economics and General Business)

Favorite Hobby: Video Games, Soccer, different Art/Craft Projects

Favorite part of halo: Player Custimization

Favorite Halo: 3

Favorite Video Game: Halo, Final Fantasy Series, COD

Other Interests: Running

Favorite Food: Sushi! Mmmm

Favorite Finisher: Gears curb stomp, Spirit Bomb, and the new Halo Reach finisher looks like it will be fun as well.

Favorite Band: Don't really have one. I listen to a lot of alternative and acoustic.

Favorite Movie(s): Avatar, Rambo III, and any superhero flick

Other: I've been studying various martial arts since I was 5. Hence the nickname(profile name) my friends gave me...minus the number.

Name: Christopher Edwards

Profession: IT Consultant (in process of training for Air Combat Officer)

Favorite Hobby: Gaming & Music

Favorite part of halo: Multiplayer

Favorite Video Game: Halo

Other Interests: Love my guitar and going out with my friends.

Favorite Food: Chicken

Favorite Finisher: Warp Kamehameha

Favorite Band: Darkest Hour / Amon Amarth

Favorite Movie(s): BASEketball plus heaps of others.

Other: Do a weekly podcast with some of my friends and frequent the Mana Bar here in Brisbane.

Name: Darren hoey

Profession: Student for a 3D animation course

Favorite Hobby: Gamage, creating and animating 3D models

Favorite part of halo: (Serina) - "Recalling surface squads so we can all die together. Aye, sir!". Man i laughed so hard at that point : DD

Favorite Halo: halo 3, halo ODST and I'll undoubtedly love Halo reach hehe

Favorite Video Game: ooooh now thats a hard one. It would be between Fallout 3 and dead space hmmmm ...:S

Other Interests: love going to see my favorite bands live and I'm really getting into this armour making xDD

Favorite Food: EVERYTHING.... some people call me the bottomless pit that doesn't gain waight :D

Favorite Finisher: The Isaac stomp, beats all :p

Favorite Band: hmm another tuff question, its either Rammstien or combichrist

Favorite Movie(s): Avatar man that was a badass film

Other: Im also really into anime and if your new to it i totally recomend watching RIN Daughters of Mnemosyne or Claymore xDD

Name: Sean Connelly

Profession: Full time student, otherwise trying to find work

Favorite Hobby: AIRSOFT!

Favorite part of halo:I enjoyed ODST, walking around a ruined metropolis with no support in the middle of the night, that was awesome

Favorite Halo: while i enjoyed that, my favorite halo has to be halo wars, love controlling alot of scorpions

Favorite Video Game: Halo

Other Interests: I like learning about militarys, foreign and domestic, for instance right now for airsoft i am trying to model my rifle after the Latvian G36kv model.

Favorite Food: Sushi

for my first project i am hoping to make a marine helmet durable enough for airsoft, or at least the games held at conventions

also if your wondering about my post count i created this account a LONG time ago to hep someone i saw on here with an ar/airsoft project

Hi Everybody,

I'm James from BITY Mold Supply and I'm an newbie here.

The reason I have joined the Forum is due to a customer stating that they found us through this forum. Sorry I can't remember the name of the person nor do I recall what they purchased.

BITY Mold Supply is a Mold Making and casting supply shop here in the USA. We have a online store, for your 24 hour shopping convenience, as well as we have a great YouTube Channel with over 80 Videos and are adding to them all the time.

I hope to be able to help some of you out through this forum and if you have any questions feel free to send me a email through the forum.

BITY Mold Supply

521 Sterling Drive

Richardson Texas 75081

1-888-676-2489

Name: Parker

Profession: Currently between jobs

Favorite Hobby: Scale models

Favorite part of halo: I hate halo [i'll explain if required, but my standard response to the Halo games is an eyeroll at best]

Favorite Halo: ODST [at least it has a multiplayer not filled with miscreants and 11-year-olds...]

Favorite Video Game: Battlefield Series [Bad company 2 occupies most of my time right now]

Other Interests: Warhammer 40K, Paintball, D&D, Movies, Books, Music

Favorite Food: you're going to make me chose?!

Favorite Finisher: Future Floor Polish [like i said, Scale Models :p]

Favorite Band: Tie; Daft Punk, Iron Maiden

Favorite Movie(s): That's a whole thread in-and-of itself...

other: Greetings 405th! Longtime troller, first time posting. first off: I hate the halo games for the gameplay, and hilarious multiplayer, but i love the universe. that said, it should be obvious why i found this place: it's cool and you guys make some really neat stuff. I hope i can learn more from you guys as time passes

Name: Deucer

Profession: Art Teacher, Moon Bounce Dude, Potter, Illustrator, Graphic Designer, Groundskeeper

Favorite Hobby: Drawing/Video Games

Favorite part of Halo: Co-op shootans

Favorite Halo: 1 for nostalgia

Favorite Video Games: Metal Gear Solid, Half Life 2, ICO/SotC

Favorite Food: Pizza

Favorite Finisher: Interrobang!?

Reason for joining 405th: I want to get into armor crafting, with the support of talented, interested, and creative individuals.

Related Experience: Nothing specific, but I have three years experience as a ceramic sculptor and potter. That might help!

Other Interests / Hobbies:

Illustration - I illustrate for my own pleasure, mostly digitally

Ceramics - I worked for a while as an independent potter

Other: Hello!

Name: Shawn

Profession: Correctional Officer, Advanced Disturbance Control Team.

Favorite Hobby: Scion's, Ironman, carshows, bowling, as of now ironman suit making.

Favorite part of Halo: Only played the first one but would love to play some of the newer ones.Need to get my xbox360 fixed.

Favorite Halo: red one looks cool.

Favorite Video Games: Asassins creed, Halo, armored adventures, etc

Favorite Food: Pizza

Reason for joining 405th: Looking at building an ironman suit to wear and to use as a prop for my ironman themed Scion tc show car. Found by google. :D

It's really annoying to join this site while the Forum just happens to be in the middle of moving. D= How agrivating. But yay! I finally get to post something! Intro time!

Name: Roxy

Profession: full time student

Favorite Hobby: creating Comics, Cosplay

Favorite part of halo: online game play- slayers

Favorite Video Game: Right now? Okami. I don't want it to end! T.T

Other Interests: I like sleep.

Favorite Food: PASTA!!!

Favorite Finisher: DBZ Boudokai Tenkaiichi XDD

Favorite Band: Anberlin

Favorite Movie(s): RainFall, LotR, IronMan, Appleseed.

Other: I'm a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, I love chocolate and hugs, and I'm a Convention regular. Oh yeah. I'm a girl! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back