Ironman Foam Builds (info added on page 1 for foam builds) Update on helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update time.

Sir you look like a TANK in that armor. That is just so AWESOME:D

Lol yeah it does beef me up a bit. Will post a pic in a sec but with out my head in the shot it doesn't look so huge.

This level of work and skill is what keeps me inspired to improve. You are a foam artist! I think that an Iron Man suit is going to be my next project once my Halo build is completed. Keep up the amazing work and thanks for the updates!

Thank you loads man it's inspiring others that keeps me on these forums. Of course I would be lying if I denide that it's also a little bit to do with showing off too but Tony Stark is my hero what you expect :p

Fantastic build! Can't even tell it's foam!

Thank you man. I must say sat here typing now I have the whole thing assembled lying on the floor next to me and a huge pile of foam scraps and I'm thinking how'd that come from that.

Quick pic of the suit so far.

IMG_1493.jpg

Thanks for watching,
Tom.

Nooooooo! My glue gun just exploded. Pulled it apart, all checked and it's dead :(

Sorry for the double post but felt I earned it.
Tom.

Your foam builds are incredibly detailed. I appreciate that you posted your methods and item list on the first page aswell, I favorited it so I can use it on my first foam build. Keep up the outstanding work Drack!

Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Thhhhaaannnkkk yyyooouu!!!! :)

Your foam builds are incredibly detailed. I appreciate that you posted your methods and item list on the first page aswell, I favorited it so I can use it on my first foam build. Keep up the outstanding work Drack!

Cheers man. Hopefully the info will help you out if you do have a go at it.
Tom.

What have you use for the squares please?

I used silicone, had to, almost nothing else sticks to silicone. To make the keys you just fill an ice tray or two.
I did discover a little trick while making the mould that I wish I had some way of sharing with more people out there but I guess just those that catch this post will see it.
So when I was doing my coats of silicone I kept forgetting to make the keys. I got to the
last batch and thought what do I do I'm almost out. So I came up with not only a solution but a silicone saving idea at the same time. I had kept all the plastic cups that I had used to mix my silicone in. Peeled all the cured silicone out and cut it all up into tiny pieces. Then with the last batch mixed half with the cured bits and made the keys with it and the other half to stick them down once they had set.
I don't know about you but I hate waste and this was a nice way of using the cured unwanted silicone. This stuff isnt exactly cheap so having such a small amount left at the end was ideal.

Tom.

I used silicone, had to, almost nothing else sticks to silicone. To make the keys you just fill an ice tray or two.
I did discover a little trick while making the mould that I wish I had some way of sharing with more people out there but I guess just those that catch this post will see it.
So when I was doing my coats of silicone I kept forgetting to make the keys. I got to the
last batch and thought what do I do I'm almost out. So I came up with not only a solution but a silicone saving idea at the same time. I had kept all the plastic cups that I had used to mix my silicone in. Peeled all the cured silicone out and cut it all up into tiny pieces. Then with the last batch mixed half with the cured bits and made the keys with it and the other half to stick them down once they had set.
I don't know about you but I hate waste and this was a nice way of using the cured unwanted silicone. This stuff isnt exactly cheap so having such a small amount left at the end was ideal.

Tom.

Thanks a lot for the information.
It was very helpful and me too i really hate waste
Keep it up with the great work

Money saver for those fibre glassing. Buy a Brush like this. Once the resin dries you just pull it off the bristles :)

Small update.

Nearly ready! :)

IMG_1547.jpg

Nice tip with the brush. I have one of those but it's pretty small, and I don't think the wife would want to baste with it after using it on resin. I'll keep my eyes open for something bigger, but I definitely like the idea. Thanks!

Nice tip with the brush. I have one of those but it's pretty small, and I don't think the wife would want to baste with it after using it on resin. I'll keep my eyes open for something bigger, but I definitely like the idea. Thanks!
Great find with the brush :)
And progress is coming along nicely :)
Looking forward to see this and a big thanks for the brash tip, i will buy one for sure ;)

No worries guys. When I first did some fibre grassing I used normal paint brushes and hated having to through them and buy more. Was at my local supermarket saw the silicone bristled brushes and though perfect!

looking good dude, can't wait to see the results :)

Thank you and me too :)

Wow nice tip on the brush. I'll have to go get a few...well as soon as I kill off the 4 box's of chip brushes I have on the shelf. :D

Your work is amazing! I've been avoiding foam for some reason, but seeing what you can do with it makes me want to give it a try! Thanks for sharing!!

Wow nice tip on the brush. I'll have to go get a few...well as soon as I kill off the 4 box's of chip brushes I have on the shelf. :D

They are great for not having to throw countless brushes away. If I were to be doing more fibre grassing the I would have bought a couple so I have one to use while the other dries.

Your work is amazing! I've been avoiding foam for some reason, but seeing what you can do with it makes me want to give it a try! Thanks for sharing!!

Thank you man glad you like my work. I seriously recommend having a go as its not the most expensive thing to try out. My biggest piece of advice is always have lots of fresh blades so cuts stay clean.

Mini update of sorts.

The mould is now done! All looks good inside so hopefully if the wife allows it I will go for a cast today as she has jobs for me. Took longer than I wanted to get the mother mould done cause typically the temperature dropped here so there was lots of waiting for the fan heater to work it's magic. I did how ever run out of resin so couldn't get on as may layers of fibre glass as I had hoped, good thing was I had a big tin of body filler laying around so slapped a load on last night and it did the trick. Advantage of this is no sharp glass fibres to contend with.

Well guys hopefully later I will have a cast to post up for you :)
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back