Item 1: Passes for the Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.
It had been mentioned before you don't need to be a part of a regiment to help out with outpost discovery, so I guess his requirements will have to be 1- a member of the 405th, 2- like halo, and 3- be willing to help out.

And, obviously, read through the thread so everyone is on the same message about expectations and etc...

Fissoffury - that isn't quite the case. While it is true that you don't have to be a full member yet in order to participate at HOD, you do need to be a participating member of the 405th. This is why I've asked people to be active in reaching out to their RCO's and get the process started to be full members. A community isn't a community without members contributing so while I appreciate that he wants to help out at HOD, we do need him participating here as well to qualify. I just don't expect that everyone will be fully at their 50 posts and 90 days by the time the event rolls around. But people need to be working towards that and in touch with their RCO themselves.

I understand. But he wont be making anything... But. Someone did state "forgot who" they told me to have him sign up and that's about it. Again I understand

Let me explain a couple of things. Firstly, a member does not have to have a costume. We have a variety of full members from those that just love Halo, to those that like to create files all the way to those who build gear. Contributions to the forum come in many forms.

Participating in an H.O.D. event with a free pass is a reward for members of this community. It isn't about getting bodies free passes to fill up spaces. It's about growing our community. If someone was going to be volunteering for the community, they need to be a part of it to properly answer questions from the public. It would be mighty strange to have someone there who had never been on the forum and had never interacted with any of the members or knew our rules etc. I greatly appreciate your husband's desire to be a part of H.O.D. but he cannot be if he hasn't spent time here.

I agree that if he won't be spending time here it is better to purchase him a pass. And I'm glad to hear that you still want to volunteer. Perhaps as you're learning the community he'll change his mind and join us as well! We'd certainly love to have you both.

I understand. But he wont be making anything... But. Someone did state "forgot who" they told me to have him sign up and that's about it. Again I understand

That may have been my bad. I was under the impression people just needed to make an account. That makes more sense now that it is make an account and make an effort towards becoming a full member. Sorry Fiss!

That may have been my bad. I was under the impression people just needed to make an account. That makes more sense now that it is make an account and make an effort towards becoming a full member. Sorry Fiss!

That's very gracious of you, Duke, but I can't help but feel responsible myself for helping misdirect with the information. I was under a similar opinion to you, and I think I pointed Fissoffury in the wrong direction. So I'm at least part way to blame.

In sorry, Fissoffury!

I would like to sign up to volunteer in the photo op booth at the Philly Outpost. I'll be debuting my halo 3 master chief suit at the show (I'm currently in the final painting stages on it now). Asgardianhammer what do I need to do to sign up as a volunteer? Thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG-20190310-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20190310-WA0013.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 290
It had been mentioned before you don't need to be a part of a regiment to help out with outpost discovery, so I guess his requirements will have to be 1- a member of the 405th, 2- like halo, and 3- be willing to help out.

And, obviously, read through the thread so everyone is on the same message about expectations and etc...
Right on...well hes too ill and he loves halo. he's the one who got me into it.. Long ago. Any who I saved up and baught him a ticket...and reserved my hotel...now all I got to do is sign up accordingly and fill out a deployment form so I can be covered. I love helping and ive worked conventions before but not as hugw

I would like to sign up to volunteer in the photo op booth at the Philly Outpost. I'll be debuting my halo 3 master chief suit at the show (I'm currently in the final painting stages on it now). Asgardianhammer what do I need to do to sign up as a volunteer? Thank you!!
Need you to drop your name in the Philly section for Passes.

Signing up for a pass for Orlando. I can help with booth duty and be in costume.

I am good for Saturday in Orlando. And would definitely work as well. I was just at megacon and worked our booth for Friday and Saturday. Pretty much all day .
So I had no problems working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back