Props It's Laza Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dantastic said:
Thanks for all the support guys! I am currently still cutting styrene.

I have a question. In the picture below you can see how the lights on the laser look in the game - white, even bars of light. I am thinking about just putting in a thin sheet of styrene and putting LEDs behind it, but I am not sure if that will get the effect I want. Seems like I saw a method involving glue sticks awhile back on another thread. Anyways, suggestions would be appreciated!

I thought up a method with glue sticks - take a hot glue gun stick and stick the tip of the gun into the end until it is soft enough to stick your LED in. Do the same on the other side. I believe the stick will diffuse the light enough for it to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rid3r said:
I thought up a method with glue sticks - take a hot glue gun stick and stick the tip of the gun into the end until it is soft enough to stick your LED in. Do the same on the other side. I believe the stick will diffuse the light enough for it to work.

Yep, that works great as a light diffuser, it's what I did on the spiker kit I got from Smick.

You can also use acrylic sheet or rod. th_light001.jpg This is 5/8 x 1.00 bar, I'm holding an led against the far left end, and it refracts through the whole length, the bright patch near the right end is where I roughed up the surface with 0000 steel wool. The really bright spot at the end is where the light is blasting out the right angle cut.

This looks cool. I haven't played Halo 3 yet, but it seems like people don't really like this weapon. Anyway, it's cool that you're doing the laser. It's a unique project and I'll be watching this. Keep up the good work!

darkfluffy said:
This looks cool. I haven't played Halo 3 yet, but it seems like people don't really like this weapon. Anyway, it's cool that you're doing the laser. It's a unique project and I'll be watching this. Keep up the good work!

I would just like to point out that the last update by the original author of this thread hasn't updated this since march, there's no need to keep bumping this....

Maybe if this wasnt in the elite section we wouldnt have this problem.

It's hardly worthy of elite status, aswell as the fact that the OP isn't active.

Maybe if this wasnt in the elite section we wouldnt have this problem.

It's hardly worthy of elite status, aswell as the fact that the OP isn't active.

i agree. i vote that something has to be finished before its elite. not that im trying to bash his build, but the thing isnt done, and hasnt been worked on for quite some time. Im sure it would be elite worthy when finished, i just think that that is when it should have been promoted.

BY680 said:

NECRO.jpg

i hate it when i have to use this pic, please don't make me use it.

Ginger no one made you use it and in fact you just added to the necro by replying to the first necro. How can a thread die if people reply to other peoples reply?

Most likely, a mod or who ever will reply to this, so...:D

Richie said:
How can a thread die if people reply to other peoples reply?

When the person hasn't updated their thread in nearly a year, and there is no discussion going on besides people bumping an older-than-God topic to tell him good job (which he won't be seeing). The only Mod post in here should be signaling a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back