Dude your undersuit is to die for! Saw your account on Insta and I am determined to make an undersuit for my Reach Armor. Do you know is there is PDO files for the MK.V(B)?

AAP/DAKH ORDNANCE PACK

FINALLY!! ATTACHMENTS!! (Honestly, I've felt naked without them lol)

MK7_Jerverant post_13_AAP DAKH_01.jpg

Even before Halo Infinite's launch, I loved how this attachment looked, so, I made it. I unfolded a game rip file (which you can download in this post).

It was a really simple build, made out of eva foam (took me around 3 hrs to build), but the file is quite low poly, so I had to add free-hand details, then applied ModPodge to seal it and when it dryed, painted it.

MK7_Jerverant post_13_AAP DAKH_02.jpg

The tricky part was: how do I mount it to the chest, without glueing it or having visible strapping? Here is how I solve it:

MK7_Jerverant post_13_AAP DAKH_04.jpg

Added 3 straps to the attachment: 2 on the sides and one below; those straps had velcro, and the other side of the velcro was glued to the interior of the chest; then cut a line in the side of the chest, which has the perfect size for a strap to go through, and the bottom strap goes over the chest. And done!, when the attachment is mounted, the straps are basically invisible, and when the attachment is not mounted, there are no straps or visible holes!

This also allows me to make similar chest attachments and mount them the same way! (like the TAC/M2497 Pouches, which pheraps I'll make in a future...)

And that's it! I think my next move would be making the AAP Ordnance Pack Mike for the thigh, but later. For now, I'm ready for a local convention next week!

Until next time!

Jerverant Cosplay · Instagram

Attachments

• AAP DAKH Ordinance Pack_Jerverant Unfold.pdo
    530.6 KB · Views: 68
Hey Jerverant, I've been copying your ab section
How do you get it on and off? Is there a hidden vipper/Velcro? Is it on the front/back? Thanks!

It must be very hidden because I can't see it! Are you able to get it on and off by yourself or does it require someone else to do it up? This is the one part of the ab wrap that's been killing me

It must be very hidden because I can't see it! Are you able to get it on and off by yourself or does it require someone else to do it up? This is the one part of the ab wrap that's been killing me
It's in the lower back, there's a small gap there; I can do it by myself, but it's better if someone helps

AAP/ORDNANCE PACK MIKE

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've updated this thread, and to do so, here's the hip attachment I made: the AAP/ORDNANCE PACK MIKE

MK7_Jerverant post_14_AAP MIKE_01.jpg

MK7_Jerverant post_14_AAP MIKE_02.jpg

There isn't really much to say about the build; pep file (attached at the end), foam unfold, foam build, paint, and mount

MK7_Jerverant post_14_AAP MIKE_02 copia.jpg

For the shotgun cartridges I used some empty (but real, if not allowed, I'll replace them with resin casts xd, pls help) which I just closed and painted with gold spray paint, and added a strip

MK7_Jerverant post_14_AAP MIKE_04.jpg

Then, just painted the whole thing in white, as in-game; honestly I don't know why this is like the only white attachment, but it looks cool, and sewed the pouch in something like cordura fabric

MK7_Jerverant post_14_AAP MIKE_04 copia.jpg

Added straps and cut some holes in the base, then just glued them to the back, and covered the back with a piece of 9mm eva foam wrapped in cordura fabric; and to mount it to the thigh, just put some screws and that's it lol, honestly I don't plan to make another hip attachment, so, I'm fine with that

MK7_Jerverant post_14_AAP MIKE_04 copia 2.jpg

And that's it!! I've been working hard with commissions, and events, but I'm happy to tell y'all that I'll work in the missing undersuit pieces soon (which are elbows, shoulders, shorts and neck), starting with the neck this week!!

And pheraps, I'll print a Firefall helmet because, why not? XD

Until next time!

Attachments

• AAP Ordinance Pack Mike_Jerverant.pdo
    1.3 MB · Views: 78
Gloves

Here it is! The first pieces of my MK7 finished!

View attachment 318267

Honestly, I think these are the best gloves I've ever made for any cosplay. Here's how I've build them:

View attachment 318268

Started simply by buying a pair of nice/cheap gloves from AutoZone. I like these ones because of the texture on the top part. Then, I built the armor pads with 3 layers of eva foam (one 4mm, and two 2mm).

View attachment 318269

Then, I drew my hand in paper, and sketched the finger pads to look the closest to the game, but also to not be very dificult to build in foam. Then, traced the clean template (which you can download here), and made 1 finger to see how it looked, and I liked very much :)

View attachment 318270

Then, I realized I was missing some details from the top part of the glove on my sketch, so I did some tests in different types of pleather, and did my best to sew that top piece :lol: still, not my greatest sew job, but a nice looking one with the armor pad on the top. (Also, I'm planning to sew the undersuit, and replicate these stitches on it).

View attachment 318271

Then, proceeded to build all the fingers, and glue all pieces onto the gloves (except for the armor pads, which I painted separately). This was a good way to mix some paint and decide the final color that my armor would have. I've made a mix of vynil paint (house paint) so I could use it with my airbrush, and the result was not disappointing.

View attachment 318272

Last, I added some weathering (using some new techniques), and covered the fingers and pleather with black PlastiDip, to have a much more uniform color.

And that's it! the Gloves were done :)

I think the next pieces I'll be building will be the forearms, but in a few weeks, meanwhile I finish commissions and other stuff.

Until next time!

Did you use contact cement to connect the foam to the fingers?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back