Jorge 052 - Against All Odds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Acehigh needs to chill.
Yea people have stolen his work, but that should kinda be a compliment.
It is his work, Not saying it isnt.But if someone thinks its good enough to steal, id take it as a compliment.
It just means hes got a good set of files on his hands. And its even better that he made them.
And we all know that Acehigh made the Jorge files. Did anyone notice how many people other than Ace were calling him out before Ace got a chance to check out his thread.

We've got your back Ace. Dont turn yours on us cause of people stealing your work.

Has everyone who has created the "double visor effect" credited Bluerealm? No.

Has everyone who has made a helmet credited Tamasoft? Heck no, most of you guys didn't even purchase a license key, you stole one.

Has everyone who has used a motorcycle pressure jacket as an undersuit credited Nightmare Armor Studios? No.

Has everyone who has learned to mold and cast pieces by watching videos and reading tutorials credited the individual members on the 405th? No.

The list goes on and on. The whole point of the 405th is to share. Share knowledge, share credit, and share in the enjoyment. The "we are elitists" thing is a joke making fun of this fact, that everyone acts like they invented armor making.

Credit the work you didn't do, to others as best you can. There is no "owning" of work, effort assets like perhaps in the non-online space. We'll do the best we can and that is all. How do you guys think Music Labels feel. When was the last time anyone purchased an MP3? If a dozen billion dollar record labels can't stop this from happening, what makes you think you can?

THE ONLY THING you can probably do, is like what we did for the 405th upgrade fund. Give away the file, or the pattern and request donations. The cheap azzes who don't donate will be forgotten and the ones who do, will make up for them.

The new pepakura download base should have donation links to each of the original artists who made the files. And punish those who don't give credit. That is the best we can do.

Has everyone who has made a helmet credited Tamasoft? Heck no, most of you guys didn't even purchase a license key, you stole one.

Has everyone who has used a motorcycle pressure jacket as an undersuit credited Nightmare Armor Studios? No.

Has everyone who has learned to mold and cast pieces by watching videos and reading tutorials credited the individual members on the 405th? No.

The list goes on and on. The whole point of the 405th is to share. Share knowledge, share credit, and share in the enjoyment. The "we are elitists" thing is a joke making fun of this fact, that everyone acts like they invented armor making.

Credit the work you didn't do, to others as best you can. There is no "owning" of work, effort assets like perhaps in the non-online space. We'll do the best we can and that is all. How do you guys think Music Labels feel. When was the last time anyone purchased an MP3? If a dozen billion dollar record labels can't stop this from happening, what makes you think you can?

THE ONLY THING you can probably do, is like what we did for the 405th upgrade fund. Give away the file, or the pattern and request donations. The cheap azzes who don't donate will be forgotten and the ones who do, will make up for them.

The new pepakura download base should have donation links to each of the original artists who made the files. And punish those who don't give credit. That is the best we can do.

i agree and disagree with what you just said
you are totally right, the 405th is for sharing, and my defenition of 'stealing' pep files is if someone would take a pep file from another person and say "hey, look what i modeled ''
however, you can't expect people to give everyone credit for methods, i agree, we should, but you just can't make that work.
And in a way, they invent armor making for themselves, give it their own spin
that is all i have to say for now

It seems that the ideas of creating, crediting, and stealing are very complex, but both of you are right. Alot of people don't give credit, where credit is do. Sometimes people forget and other times people don't give a rats a** about saying thanks for things. But mainly we don't realy give it a second thought. All I got to say is thanks Tamasoft and thanks all of you guys out there on the 405th who help rookies like me and other members who allready have been here for a while. And to all the whiners out there SUCK IT UP! Most of the time you just need patience, you don't got some, get some, and i can till you truth fully theres no pep file or tutorial for it. And if you don't like a unfold because theres to many pieces don't use it then cause if you really wanted it you would be willing to put all that together.

I for one, DID buy my key. Well, rather my mom did cause i use pepakura alot.
But we cant be sure who did and did not buy their keys.
And that somewhat concerns me.
405th is all about sharing, but at a certain point it becomes stealing.

Its just kinda sad that we have to deal with stealing and non-creaditation on 405th.

Just to let everyone know, I won't be sharing my files with anyone anymore. I can't judge over the internet who has a good heart and who is just posting to get his/her hands on my files, so I'm just shutting down all together. I don't have any responsibility to share my work with anyone. If you want to have 3D files, learn how to 3D model and do them yourself.

Also, I will be leaving this forum since I can't stand the ridiculous ways that it is being maintained. The staff has clearly shown that they don't give a **** about the forum or the average member. I don't know what the purpose of the forum really is, but I don't care anymore. If they want a place where people can piss on each other, where moderators can be extremely rude to members trying to obey the rules and where you don't matter if you don't get into the elite section or Adam's personal circle of friends, fine. It's not my choice, but I'm tired of being a part of such a crappy forum. If a member of the staff or mod crew reads this, you can go ahead and permanently ban my account as I will not be comming back. Perhaps you can let NZ-TK do it, I'm sure he will find great pleasure in shutting my account down. He can consider it my parting gift to him.

WOW! I call on an account of total bull s^#T! Your attitude seems to mach that description quite well too.... s&#ty! Sorry you couldn't live with the forums, but the point of the forums, and the community itself, is to uphold, and encourage each other, not bash them down, and stomp on them. And I am sorry to hear that you don't have the certain "people" skills aquired to work with your fellow man, but to tell you the truth, thats life, get over it!!!!! And if you are still brazing over this, even though I can see that you have been banned for your obscene behaviour, let this come as a lesson to you.... "life is a live and learn experience". I live by that quote, and it has never turned me astray. Maybe you can take some pointers off of that, and start to show some respect! Adam, and the team here work extremely hard to keep the forums a neat and tidy place so that we may all enjoy what they have to offer! Plus, if you haven't noticed we just got a new hosting software for the forums which is still in the works! So dude, unecseptible behaviour in any case!

I really hope i didnt go to far there, but this is just not cool! =/

Nah Altair, I agree with you. Life's rough, and he needs to deal with it. I personally have made a ton of high quality pepakura stuff from a lot of different people on the forums, and I can only name a few of the creators of certain pieces. But the thing is, I haven't posted any of them on the forums because I don't want to mess up and credit the wrong person. The ones that I know I can credit, I will post (eventually). I wouldn't steal an item, I don't even have a liscense. This guy needs to chill, not everyone here is out to steal his stuff. The staff here has done a great job in my opinion in maintaining the forums and giving us something to do. If he doesn't appreciate that, then no one should stop him from leaving.

he turned into a whining little cry baby because one member who was banned stole his hand plate model

Wait! Thats what this is about!? I thought he was just going through his period! Ok, just kidding, but seriously!? And the guy was banned for it??? Seriously, so, a guy did the wrong thing, you can be pissed about that. But when justice is brought smack down in his face, be content man!

Hey all,

It's a shame that there is someone who everyone considers to do great work has made a decision like this.
I am new to the whole pepakura scene and since I found this site have considered it my #1 resource for ideas and learning on how to progress. I for one did buy my pep key as I have a degree in Game Programming and design and fully understand the impact of piracy.

I'm not sure how someone "steals" their work unless this someone claimed it as his own. If so, then I did read that person was banned? Good, problem solved.

The truth of the matter is, this is the internet, anything you post on it becomes the property of someone else and its a sad fact. There will never be a fool proof way of guaranteeing your work stays as your work. However, if it was someones intention to contribute, then its just that, a contribution to a community who shares the same interests. There is never a guarantee that they will credit you with your work. All you can do is ask and leave it at that.

I can understand his frustrations though as in reading his posts, the moment he said he took his files down, people said, oh that sux but can you send me this? which just adds to it.

I saw that Adam wants a way to control the files, but how would you plan on doing it? Unless you force people to pay for them, there is no way of control. If you have any ideas, I can help. I have a private web server and work from home so I am available about 70% of the time either by phone or email.

To put it to an end, I'll say this to the modelers, the designers, the unfolders and especially the downloaders, Post your progress, share your work and give credit where credit is due (I'm probably guilty of it as well as I wasn't aware until now that this was an issue since I am new to the forums). I love looking at what people are creating and if you didn't do it from scratch, tell everyone who had a hand in getting you there. And just have fun making this stuff.

Giving the above:
THANK YOU!! SUPER TACO, ROBOGENESIS, FLYINGSQUIRREL, CRACKHEAD09, and SKULPINSON as these are the files I have found over the last few months and began to use for my MK VI Hayabusa build. (My wife hates you btw hehehhee)

and thank you chevysrule, rundown, rhinoc and every one of the modelers that pump the latest and greatest halo files for us to use. you guys have been the key to my reach armor. thank you for your time, patience, and in some cases (rundown) your money (for there soft ware). without you there would be no pepakura on here and that means most of us would be SOL on our builds. may the forerunners bless you

""
"

""

I want to add my opinion about this. There is a huge difference between "stealing" knowledge, and stealing someones creation. I am sure there could be alot of work behind a knowledge to do something, but still, this was his armor parts he had created, himself, from scratch.

I am very sorry to read that he is off, and I know he had put alot of effort and work into what he did. I pm:ed him to welcome him as soon as he joined the 405th (because he was Swedish, we were supposed to pay the shipping together for molding and resin material).

Now, in this case, it wasnt about "stealing", in the matter of taking someones work. HE put out those files for free! Everyone could have them, even though he put alot of hard work into them, that wasnt the "stealing" part of this. It was that someone else took his work and claimed that as his own. I dont know how many people did this to upset Acehigh, but one would be enough for me, If I put in alot of hours into it.

I know Adam that you run your server great, me myself think the moderators are handling this forum very well. You do everything to keep the server up, but the thing is that if you let out a tutorial, some pictures or a hard work, everyone will know it is yours. If any member see that someone else is claiming it as his own they will yell fast, and loud.

It isnt as simple for a modeler with just member/veteran status to be that recognised, if they havent been here for years. I bet everyone who came here didnt know first who Acehigh was, but certainly most of the members knew who you were.

Too bad it had to go this far.

Kind Regards,
/Tahu

I have to agree with Artek to a certain point...
At first it was all like, (in little 4 year old voice) "Hi i'm AceHigh!! I think you guys are awesome and I never wanna leave ever ever!" and we were all like, "Wassup and welcome!" then that mod was all like, "Stop muddying this thread!" and Ace was like, "WWAA!!!" then that one dude was like, "heh heh, Imma steal yo files," then Ace was all like, (in demon voice) "F*** YOU ALL" and we was like, "Waaa..." and he was like, "BAN ME! NZ-TK BAN ME!" and I was all like, "Holy Snapple! this guy needs to chill!" and thats pretty much the story of his membership.

I have to agree with Artek to a certain point...
At first it was all like, (in little 4 year old voice) "Hi i'm AceHigh!! I think you guys are awesome and I never wanna leave ever ever!" and we were all like, "Wassup and welcome!" then that mod was all like, "Stop muddying this thread!" and Ace was like, "WWAA!!!" then that one dude was like, "heh heh, Imma steal yo files," then Ace was all like, (in demon voice) "F*** YOU ALL" and we was like, "Waaa..." and he was like, "BAN ME! NZ-TK BAN ME!" and I was all like, "Holy Snapple! this guy needs to chill!" and thats pretty much the story of his membership.

Can we still have respect left in this thread? "in little 4 year old voice"? It wasnt just because of his files getting "stolen" that was the problem. He claims he encountered a mod who apperantly was very rude to him, because Acehigh corrected him in a thread (from what I saw he wrote). And that the mod took away all the rude he wrote afterwards, to hide all evidence against him.

We can only hope that what he wrote wasnt true.

//Tahu

I wasnt trying to show disrespect, I just put it in perspective, 4 year old voice as in he was new to the 405th, like a 4 year old going to pre-school for the first time. In demon voice for the kinda thing where you get really mad and your voice seems to take a different tone
And the mod who was rude I included in his story. I dont know why but when ever a member gets banned I make some little fun story out of it. But that mod probably would have kept that post up forever if Ithica didnt go through and get rid of most of the evidence.
I was sad when AceHigh asked to be banned and saw that the deed was done, he was a really cool member! But everyone has there own way of going about with anger and he chose his way. Ace, you will hopefully be remembered...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back