Jun / Reach Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
To scale the cascading back inserts I measured the width of the space where they were going on L3X's torso. Then I printed them into a pdf opened that up in photoshop so I had rulers to measure the width of those parts and sized them down to fit within the ruler marks. Took maybe an 1hr to cut and fold them.

Finished the torso... I made a mod to the collar area. Looked at a few more images and decided to build the side collar sections in foam along with the neck seal. I did leave the front collar tabs and the front inlay section.
I rounded out the part behind the neck to give a flat area to glue foam padding to later.

halo-reach-carter_1024x768.jpg

Well thanks to the image in your last post, you can at least see the line on top. I have been combing through reference images trying to find one on the bottom, but with no luck so far. Great job on building L3X's new torso by the way!!

-Matt

Thanks that was my guess too was that top seam... I think the lower separation is the 2 faint arrows in this figure shot just under the arm. Which is great there is a natural seam there and technically that is about a half way point.

McToys_Reach_Noble6_full.jpg

This post is mostly that I value your guys opinions by the way. If someone has other suggestions of a split I that works better I am always open to suggestions

Sniper 3 Round Shoulder Attachment

Well I have to thank Rhinoc for giving me a hand on a 3d structure to create my Sniper Shoulder Attachment from. Unfortunately I do not have the full version to save as a pep so it's a one off custom prototype for now.

Spent a few hours scaling till I got close. I think there are about 3 or 4 shoulders designs out there so there is a bit of custom aligning to get it flush with the arm.

Followed by some trimming, more trimming, too much trimming and some rebuilding. I am still closing up gaps on the under side. I am very please with it so far.

I don't see why at some point it can't be released.
I asked Rhinoc a while back in no rush mode to assist me with a 3d design. This is my second scaling and cleanup on it.

What I will do is get some reference shots back to Rhinoc since it is his 3d file and let him make any adjustments if required.
I give him full credit on the base model.

I consider my contribution to this project as taking it off the screen and seeing if I can get it looking good. Plus I know there are a few Sniper Scouts looking for an attachment. :p

Threw a few more pics up .. As you can see I am filling in the gaps.. Not like you will notice them wearing it but figure might as well get it close. There is a bracket for the rounds too. Just haven't got that far plus I need to get a sample round from work to check it for scale as well. Done for tonite..

ah! i see its just the bit that goes on top. i thought it was a whole rework of the shoulder xD haha yeah those gaps will be easy to fill in, hot glue or even bondo will do fine I'd say.

My side biz has picked up again so if you don't see to many updates its cuz I am busy editing. Feel free to ask questions. I will check my threads and PM's
I just have to a few funding projects so I can build in the spring when curing times and a non freezing shop is available.

You should really check into getting the mods to swap you over to the creation discussion. This stuff is great!

Threw a few more pics up .. As you can see I am filling in the gaps.. Not like you will notice them wearing it but figure might as well get it close. There is a bracket for the rounds too. Just haven't got that far plus I need to get a sample round from work to check it for scale as well. Done for tonite..

Can you send me the link or e-mail me the file for the bracket at SPRTNB312@gmail.com or replublicguy@gmail.com(republicguy@gmail.com is more recommended)....Pls and thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back