Props LeeKegan M319 Individual Grenade Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I don't have any plans. I used game captured pics to build it. I print out a side view to what I think is scale and use it to build it. I use other views from different angles on the computer screen to figure out the rest. Hope this helps.

Good luck with your build.

Ok, what programs did you use to get the pictures to the scale you wanted?

Ok, what programs did you use to get the pictures to the scale you wanted?

I insert the pic into Excel. Then blow it up to what I think is scale and print out the grip area and if it seems to fit my hand I go with that. Also I use the length that is stated in Halo encyclopedia or Halo wiki if they have the weapon. If not I just go with the grip fit.

I insert the pic into Excel. Then blow it up to what I think is scale and print out the grip area and if it seems to fit my hand I go with that. Also I use the length that is stated in Halo encyclopedia or Halo wiki if they have the weapon. If not I just go with the grip fit.

Ok, thanks. That will make it a lot easier to build.

I never thought of it either, until Lee told me. I have been messing around with it and it works very well. Very good at getting accurate scaling for weapons.

Can you get a bit more into detail? Are you talking about giving the image a specified size here, or is there more to it?

Can you get a bit more into detail? Are you talking about giving the image a specified size here, or is there more to it?

If you know the length then you grab a corner and drag it until you are close to size. Then you go to print preview and you can see how many pages it stretches across and you know what the print area is on a standard sheet of paper is so you have a guess of how big it is. If a sheet of paper is 8" and the print area is 7" across that and you stretch 5 sheets it is 35" long. You just play around until you get the right size.

Hope that helps.

If you know the length then you grab a corner and drag it until you are close to size. Then you go to print preview and you can see how many pages it stretches across and you know what the print area is on a standard sheet of paper is so you have a guess of how big it is.

I see. That's an interesting apporach!

Lee,
I don't know if you've answered this before, but what is your reference for all of your props. Is there a book?
If you don't want it to be public knowledge just pm me. I have some wood working tools. rasps, scroll saws, routers, sanders, files & chisels, etc. I have a work space. I'd just like to know what you're looking off of or reading to get these great details.

What about the bracket? what is the thickness of that?

1 1/4"

Lee,
I don't know if you've answered this before, but what is your reference for all of your props. Is there a book?
If you don't want it to be public knowledge just pm me. I have some wood working tools. rasps, scroll saws, routers, sanders, files & chisels, etc. I have a work space. I'd just like to know what you're looking off of or reading to get these great details.

No secret. I use in game screen capture pics that I look at to do my build. and go back to post #88 to see how I do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back