Lobbster's Reach Build

Post Zenkaicon Update!
The new abwrap definitely needs some upgrades and a way to properly secure it to the chest. New gauntlets were so much comfier than my old pair and helped a ton!
Ran into Sean Bradley and Rman which was a pleasant surprise!

Always more to improve on but in its 2 years of being around this suit just keeps on trucking on.

Till next time!

~ Lobbster

eayhM2ABXQ4ruBHdjjRFRMmw=w611-h814-s-no?authuser=0.jpg
DksIuohG8Zq0Ce3brLbXiyGw=w611-h814-s-no?authuser=0.jpg
z6QXxt9ET5wPqgWfkKIAfxcw=w611-h814-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

sjbNAORmUC9rVpudkPXiSjGg=w608-h814-s-no?authuser=0.jpg
gyo3SgULcBYEdcsJf2MEirGw=w611-h814-s-no?authuser=0.jpg
lF9UD2KhU1VdGES3IrZIULig=w611-h814-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

Whoops, forgot to add an upgrade!

Chest Modifications:
I followed Benton188s magnet system and revamped my clamshell chestplate! Also to help with the weight of the Nerf AR and just generally how the chestplate sits this Radio chestrig was added to so the rear is securely held in one place. As an added benefit the battery pack is able to fit in the front pouch to help keep the weight distributed!
After a full convention in the suit I can say with confidence that it is not only practical but it's also super comfortable!

Old Magnets Removed:
(the 2 magnets used for the AR are behind the USB strip)

1680664848526.png

New Magnet System:

2 15lb magnets sandwiched between foam!
2mm foam > adhesive > 2x magnets > adhesive > 10mm foam > wrap it all up!
1680664600155.png

The rig is held in by 2 elastic straps on top (which can be unbuckled to fully detach the rig) and a strap around the back. This keeps it snug!
1680664545688.png

Man that does look really good, seems pretty secure in place too from the video.

I cant fully tell, but do you have the magnets attached to the radio rig or just the back of the armor?

Man that does look really good, seems pretty secure in place too from the video.

I cant fully tell, but do you have the magnets attached to the radio rig or just the back of the armor?
Just the back of the armor and via a buckle and strap ontop. The magnets are just used in attaching the 2 halves of the chest together!

After remembering that adding videos to the forums is infact, a thing I wanted to show the mag mount in full armor.
An important thing if you're considering doing this is to consider the shoulder pad on your right arm. Depending on the size of the armor you choose it can get caught on the AR and then fall off. Using a smaller one like the operator, FJ/PARA, recon, or Hazop seems to be the way to go.
I also added an additional image showing the location of the magnets on the back of the chest armor under the initial magnetized weapon mount post!

While at Contropolis over the weekend I ran into SgtSkittles and FueledbyFilament!
e3vO8DJ3zG8IkTRHmqE9_5-w=w611-h815-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

Also came to the conclusion I need to reinforce my chest magnetic system, ended up having a few issues with the magnets after they were bumped a few times. I'll add another magnet to the stack and remove a bit of the foam inbetween the 2 stacked pieces.
E3I_eFxo9_qox6hrrL0J0P0Q=w753-h565-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

Watch me get dressed in not a weird... Hm, no real way of getting around this one. Got a suitup vid of my reach suit to hopefully answer a few questions that I'm asked on how everything goes on.
Unfortunately this video was too big for both the forum & Imgur so I had to just use my Instagram.
Also, added in some much needed chestplate retention clips (As seen here in my MkVII Build) These compliment the magnets and help keep the chestplate secure!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back