Lobbster's Reach Build

Screenshot_20221126_112418.jpg

Upgrades are... on hold?
Thanks to the combination of a muddy hill and a silly lil bone I broke my leg a few weeks ago. Already had surgery and all is going well but I'm out of commission until early February.
Hoping to still get some upgrades done in time for the 2023 con season!

View attachment 326356
Upgrades are... on hold?
Thanks to the combination of a muddy hill and a silly lil bone I broke my leg a few weeks ago. Already had surgery and all is going well but I'm out of commission until early February.
Hoping to still get some upgrades done in time for the 2023 con season!
Rest up man! Know you've have a tough few first weeks of recovery so hoping it all goes smoothly from here!

After being on 2 weeks "be as lazy as humanly possible" doctors orders I'm getting stir crazy!
Have you tried playing this game called Halo? It's pretty good.

Edit: Also as a serious suggestion... High on Life is a new game made by the guy that made Rick & Morty. It's really fun and funny. It's free on game pass right now.

Hang in there! You got this!

Edit: Also as a serious suggestion... High on Life is a new game made by the guy that made Rick & Morty. It's really fun and funny. It's free on game pass right now.

are you trying to tell me that some people play Halo while others live it?
That's wild!

I started playing AC Origins as suggested by ODCA but then took a break from that to play Cyberpunk 2077, but am now taking a break from that to play High on Life.

Also how's that Destiny 2 grind going Lobb lol

Watching this is inspiring me to make my own armor... I need to get started! I've just never worked with eva foam before! XD
I almost had a Halo CE MK V Pepakura build done at one point, but after joining the Army and asking my dad to ship the pieces to me, most everything fell apart :(
The only surviving pieces are the chest and shoulders.

Completed a few upgrades in time for my local Halloween Parade tonight!
Magnetic Mounted AR
First off is the magnetized AR, I have 1 1" neodymium magnet located inside the Nerf AR and 2 located in the back of my chestplate. This securely holds the prop to my back and frees my hands while in suit! (Yes I can reach it on my back)

View attachment 324639

Thigh Mounted Magnum
Next up is more magnets! The other 1" cube magnet was used in my thigh to further reinforce the magnet mount location. The magnum is secure using magnets in 2 locations and is a great prop to have to hand out for photos
View attachment 324640
Voice Amp Storage
Shining a spotlight back on those lovely Reach Tac/LRP pouches I found out they can (barely) hold my voice amp in my chest! This still gives me 2 pockets to store various other goodies in but having this amp in my chest drastically increases my speaking capacity while the helmet is on.
This is a wireless voice amp so the mic is velcro'd in my helmet.
View attachment 324641
Do you mind if I ask how do you get the magnet inside the armor and gun without destroying it completely?

Do you mind if I ask how do you get the magnet inside the armor and gun without destroying it completely?
The nerf blaster has a ton of screws on the one side and separates into 2 shells, its actually pretty easy!

There weren't any unfolds for the Reach ammo pouch so I went ahead and modelled it for both 3d printing and foambuilding! The foam version is meant to be usable where the printed one does not have functionality. I'm giving the files out for free however please do not use these for commercial purposes. (aka don't sell prints or something like that).
View attachment 290114
Just downloaded this! Can't wait to make them, I just don't know how to unfold the foam version

Upgrades people Upgrades! Needed a few changes before a convention tomorrow!
Gauntlets:
Painted a set of new Reach gauntlets by the amazing Electraknite! They're much comfier than my previously printed set and won't destroy my wrists after a con day!
NFQ-37Jo8dRC-66z5op5ulVg=w612-h816-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

Abwrap
Threw together a new abwrap that actually fits me. 2mm foam skinned with pleather, durable and comfy! Unfortunately my lighting wasn't the best so here's the best photo I've got until I throw all the armor back on!
RAir3KX729D6Ubu1eBBm-Drw=w781-h586-s-no?authuser=0.jpg
1679579819759.png

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back