LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I spy the 405th logo on that suit? lol

excellent,excellent job, it came out beautifully. You make me jealous, because my gamestop night was pretty lame.

Great work.

Yes you spied correctly. There are three 405th logos on my suit. I have the proper permission and concent to use them.

To be honest, I was only expecting 20 or so people to be lined up. I was very suprised that there was more than 100. I did not advertise or promote the fact that I was showing up. But then again word of mouth and my two "Public Test drives" might have had something to do with it. In any case the event was very memorable.

Don't worry about the jealous part. I heard that there were lots of other places that had lame turnouts. Those locations were even in larger population areas than where I live. 35,000 people in Mission with 5 game stores (I work at one). EB-Games was the only one in the town that did the midnight madness sale.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and HAVE FUN playing the game!

Longshot, that is awesome. Glad everything turned out for you at the launch. That is totally cool. I agree with Shaymin that I'm uber super jealous, and am now WAY motivated to get a Mk VI done. This is awesome. I'll probably show this thread to my family and friends and we'll see if we can get a suit up and running as cool as yours!

Great work! Super kudos!

Longshot, that is awesome. Glad everything turned out for you at the launch. That is totally cool. I agree with Shaymin that I'm uber super jealous, and am now WAY motivated to get a Mk VI done. This is awesome. I'll probably show this thread to my family and friends and we'll see if we can get a suit up and running as cool as yours!

Great work! Super kudos!

Well then lets see some progress pics! Pronto! :p

Well, I kinda need to get the ODST thing dun and over with. I'm also gonna make another one starting asap, cuz Matt wants one....but I'll do so. Lemme get organized and everything first. lol. paciencia.

What next?

Now that the Reach Launch is over and I have had a chance to recover. The question is whats next?

I still have lot to do:
- Install magnets at the weapon mount locations etc...
- Install vibration activated LED flashers to represent the armor's shields being regenerated
- Install the speaker system
- Install a Mic
- Install a Web Cam
- Install Cortana. This one is gong to be a huge challenge due to space limitations
- Do the LED tutorial. I'll make a copy of it in a separate thread so its easier to find.
- Rebondo, resand and repaint the areas that I don't like
- Repairs where the paint got badly rubbed off. I knew this was going to happen.
- Put in additional padding at the neck opening. The torso was resting on one of my neck muscles.
- Put in additional helmet padding.
- Pep a weapon! Can't forget that!
- Shorten the Chicago Posts in the Belt Pouch pieces. I forgot to do that.
- Gel coat the armor once its all properly painted.
- Install the Dual Visor
- Rewire a few of the LED switches for better access.
- Redesign the web site. This is a big one!

Im sure that there's more.

I'll be doing all of these at a nice leisurly pace.

OH... and of course I want to take the suit out and do some of the things on the Chiefs "Bucket List" with pics showing that I did them. I'll post what those are at a later date.

And of course now that the suit is presentable and out and about. I feel the need to respond to the emails/facebook questions and comments. I have a lot of them to go through.

Cheers!

I call it "The Jedi Spartan"

Ok I was working on my video clip for the Thank you Bungie Armor Compilation Video
While still wearing the Armor, I happened to notice my Collectors Edition Light Saber!
Hmmmm... Needless to say, I could not resist doing the following:

img00013165.jpg

img00013169.jpg

img00013180.jpg

img00013213.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
so any fulture projects ? or will stop on this armor? Chees!!

I'm not sure yet... I still have lots to do with the current one. If I wanted to do another suit, it would probably be an Iron man suit.

holy! thats amazing, and all the light are there, its so super, and the under armour looks great. did you mould or pep your armour?

You really did a nice job with those LEDs! Usually with LEDs, I wonder why anyone would want to light a soldier up like that, but yours are really nice to look at :)

Haha, I know I have said before to you on Facebook, but awesome job, Long-shot!! It's really an inspiration to any noobs out there, and just everyone in general, how much someone can accomplish. ^_~

I should bow down to you for the work you have done, it is really just amazing. I have made one low detail suit and was not happy with it at all and am in the market for the best pep parts, may i ask who's files did you use and the scaling method. (i'd look threw the whole thread but thats a lot of pages haha)
Keep up the FANTASTIC work longshot you inspire all us.

Darko.

halo + star wars = the combination of 2 of my most favorite things. did you make that lightsaber? just curious because ive made one myself :D

jedi spartan, well i have got just one word, genius

Thankyou! I never thought of it like that... Your compliments motivate and inspire me! SWEET. LOL I might have some pics to post from doing the dual visor thing. Stay Tuned!

halo + star wars = the combination of 2 of my most favorite things. did you make that lightsaber? just curious because ive made one myself :D

I love both universes too! The light saber is a Collectors Edition Light Saber... so alas I did not make it. :( ------->But its still COOL! :)

I should bow down to you for the work you have done, it is really just amazing. I have made one low detail suit and was not happy with it at all and am in the market for the best pep parts, may i ask who's files did you use and the scaling method. (i'd look threw the whole thread but thats a lot of pages haha)
Keep up the FANTASTIC work longshot you inspire all us.

Oh wow... that's a bit of a loaded question for me to answer in one post. OK, I'll keep it very short:
- I used the following files from here: http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepakura_File_Index
I chose all of the "Mark VI: High Detail parts" from the following: Robogenisis, Crackhead09, FlyingSquirl and Nugget.

- The scaling methods that I used were a combination of the following methods:
- Xtreem TACTICS 101's "How to Scale your Armor: Tutorial V.2"
- Trial and Error
- Calculating a few of my body measurements with the pieces support structures.

Honestly the best thing you can do, is do what I did... Research, read, research more, and read even more... There's lots of knowledge in these threads. They really are worth reading.

Jedi sartan really, you must love leds. (JK)

OH yes I do! I love playing around with lights. Any kind and the more the better, as long as its artistic, awesome and fantastic. I do try to exercise of control over how many I use. I don't want to go too excessive.

Haha, I know I have said before to you on Facebook, but awesome job, Long-shot!! It's really an inspiration to any noobs out there, and just everyone in general, how much someone can accomplish. ^_~

Thank you! I'm glad that this thread is inspiring and motivational. Yes I feel that the best way to show how much someone can accomplish is to set and example and say: "Look what I did -- as a Noob!!!!" Thank you SIR! :)

Quick progress update: I'm currenlty working on my helm, attempting to put in the second visor... Basically I'm following the Dual Layer Visor Mini-Tutorial So far the tutorial is very straight forward and easy to implement. I should have some finsihed pics by the end of the day.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back