Lost Spartans

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy pinette

Jr Member
"What is he? He most be a solider but from all the pictures I've seen from this war nothing looks like it" Said John, Captin of the Kalmar

"I don't know, he almost looks like an ODST but he is much larger and with completely different armor" Cory pointed out the grey armor that covered the unconscience man on the bed.

Andy woke up to their conversation but laid still to see if he could hear more but a pain in his left shoulder made him shift. The two man stopped their conversation immediatly. Andy knowing they saw his movement tried to get up but the pain hit him again.

"Stay still. We have a medic on the way to consult your wounds. But before we let him treat you, you must let tell us who or what you are." John told Andy with unease he might just get hit for that comment.

"I am Spartan 114. Is that good enough info?"

"Well it would be if we knew what the hell a 'Spartan' is." Cory said this a stern voice to show he wasn't scared.

"I'm not supposed to say more than that cause I dont know if your friend or a foe"

"Well we are going to treat you Spartan. Obviously a foe would give you medical treatment" We are farmers that are headed back to are home planet. Our home planet is well away from this war." Informed John.

"Fine if thats the case I will tell you what I am but first tell me are we near Reach?"

After a fit of laughter from Cory he told him he was infact almost a month travel away from Reach through slipspace. "Even if we did travel to Reach, there is nothing left of the planet. THe god damn Covenant just glassed the planet. Why do you want to know about Reach?"

Andrew just felt like he was hit with a train. He felt as empty as though everything he has ever know and loved had vanished in a blink of an eye. He remembers the first night in Reach. Being Force out of a Pelican by the man he had considered the only father he has ever had. "is there anyone else on this ship like me, a person outfitted in this armor?"

"As a matter of fact we do. We found him a little while after you. We are trying to have our medic tend to him but we can't get past your blasted armor. It's is almost as though a second skin." John seemed to have a little sense of remorse across his face, amost as though he is afraid he might have a person die on his ship.

Andrew opened up his scanner and found a tag on it. "S-126" was stencled across his screen. His heart lept with in his chest. The person was not a "him" as the man indicated but infact a her. His best friend in the world. Karen.

Once again Andrew tried to get up and a pain shot across his chest. He looks at his left shoulder and show biofoam peeking throught his broken suit. Blood had stained most of his arm and shoulder.

"You were lucky because you had a metal pipe pertuding from your shoulder but for some reason part of it melted to your armor keeping the seal. But we must hurry if we are to save your friend. You too have been on here for a week and I'm afraid that your friend might not last any longer." John started to head to the door. Andrew got to his feet and followed. He checked Karen's vital's on his HUD and saw that they were dangerously low. They both walked through the corridors of the ship walking at a fast past. Even though John said he was a farmer his ship was quite amazing. He truely wondered if he was a farmer at all.

"This ship is called the Kalmar and I am the Captin. We use it to trade our goods with other planets. The other Spartan is in here." The Captin punch a code into a keypad and a door slid open. Karen was on a bed across the floor. The bottom of the bed was just a block of metal. "As you probly noticed you guys are very heavy" John said this with a bit of laughter. "We put you on to normal beds but legs of the beds just snapped clean off. So we rigged up this beds so we didn't have to work on you with you on the floor." Andrew rushed past him and looked at the state of her Mjolnir armor. The armor it self almost looked like it was hit by a nuclear blast.

All of the sudden a man, at the end of the bed that Andrew didn't even notice, spoke. "We don't know what you guys went through but you are able to withstand alot of damage. We were able to hook up a computer to the helmet but that would only let us access some of the vitals. Do you think you can remove the armor for us. Because your friend seems to be dying and we can't do anything about it until its removed" Said the small man who seemed to be the medic of the ship.

"I can remove her armor but I need you to set up a closet or room that only i can access." Andy looked around and Watched John leave the room he reached around to the back of Karen's helmt and found 3 buttons that would release the seal and make it so he could start the process of removing her armor. He hit the 3 buttons and a low hiss escaped from the neck as the seal was broken. He slowly pulled off her helmet scared of what he might witness. The helmet came off all the way and he let out a sigh of release. All that was on her face was black scroch marks. He then started the rest of the process of removing the destroyed armor. But the more he removed the more he wanted to stop. After finished he was almost in tears because he now knew why his best friend was dying. It seemed as though her face was the only thing that was saved from the blast.

By the time he was finished John had returned. "I personally set up the closet in your room for her armor once you return to your room you can set up the password and that way only you can access it." Andrew collect all of Karens armor and started the walk back to his room.

Before he left the room he turned around and requested that he would like everything that could help him repair Karen's and his own armor. He left the room and walked down the long corridors. Everyone that was in the same corridor stepped off to the side and let him pass as though he was there commander. Once he got to his room he opened the door and walked across the room to the closet. He decided he would make the password something that only he and Karen would know. Something that meant alot to them. He made it David-076. The one person that was missing from there team. The only person missing from their small family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back