Macattack64's Pepakura Armor... Going to make a new body plate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macattack64 said:
I got resin... But since Ace closed at 5:00 I couldn't get a respirator and goggles... Cuz I forgot to check at Menards when I was there...

This is what I got:
Resin,
Brushes,
Gloves,

What I'm gonna get tomorrow:
Respirator,
Goggles,

I dont know if its neccesary to get respirator and goggles ....i didnt use those ,i mean , of course it would be a good idea but i still just used gloves and resin and a brush and did everything outside....thats the last time i seen my armour :'( but oh well at least your getting your stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
dallis said:
I dont know if its neccesary to get respirator and goggles ....i didnt use those ,i mean , of course it would be a good idea but i still just used gloves and resin and a brush and did everything outside....thats the last time i seen my armour :'( but oh well at least your getting your stuff

Ionno... They said I needed one... Are you sure? Cuz Then I'm not gonna get one...

Macattack64 said:
Ionno... They said I needed one... Are you sure? Cuz Then I'm not gonna get one...

well of course you would better be safe then sorry....i wouldnt buy an expensive repirator....instead i would just get something like one of those cheap paper masks for painting and whatnot ....whatever fits your needs ...

Macattack64 said:

for the love of god no.. GET THEM!

The goggles aren't as important till you start sanding, then you'll want them for sure (cause you don't want a chip of fiberglass to go astray and straight into your eye)

The respirator is extremely imporant in both stages. Because the fumes from the resin aren't really good for you at all... and you definitely don't want to be inhaling the dust from sanding the stuff down.

cgspartan said:
for the love of god no.. GET THEM!
The goggles aren't as important till you start sanding, then you'll want them for sure (cause you don't want a chip of fiberglass to go astray and straight into your eye)
The respirator is extremely imporant in both stages. Because the fumes from the resin aren't really good for you at all... and you definitely don't want to be inhaling the dust from sanding the stuff down.

dude i didnt even use a breather when i was doing it (resining) ur right about the goggles but i dont find the expensive respirators neccesary....i would just use a paper mask with the little peice of metal to bend over your nose

ps...

i didnt find gloves neccesary for sauldering until it splatted all up my arms ....oh well ....trail and error

I've actually finished doing the first coat but it seems like the brim has been pushed up... I'll fix that for the second coat... :)

Macattack64 said:
I've actually finished doing the first coat but it seems like the brim has been pushed up... I'll fix that for the second coat... :)

what do you mean by the brim? the visor?

dallis said:
what do you mean by the brim? the visor?

Above the visor... The part that hangs over... I was going to take pictures but I need Batteries...

Macattack64 said:
Above the visor... The part that hangs over... I was going to take pictures but I need Batteries...
ok yea i call that part the visor for some reason

dallis said:
ok yea i call that part the visor for some reason

I think I'm gonna rubberband it to keep it down a bit more and just put another coat of resin on that part...

Macattack64 said:
I think I'm gonna rubberband it to keep it down a bit more and just put another coat of resin on that part...

yea sounds like a good idea...i had the same problem on my first helmet

dallis said:
yea sounds like a good idea...i had the same problem on my first helmet

Theres also one spot that is still wet... I'm gonna put a tiny bit on there and hope it dries up...

I need to get batteries... So I can take pictures of it right now... I'm gonna go resin the feet...

I got batteries... I resined the body and it is drying outside... The feet and the helmet are almost done...

How Many layers of resin go on the pepakura?

Macattack64 said:
I got batteries... I resined the body and it is drying outside... The feet and the helmet are almost done...

How Many layers of resin go on the pepakura?
double post of doom

dallis said:
what do you mean double post of doom? i only see one normal post...
you can delete double post now and some times people delete them he had double post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back