Model portfolio (Satchmo III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be patient, man. He probably has more important things to get done first before he can come back on the forums.

Indeed, and I feel that requests are better left in the Halo Reach 3d Model/Pep Request Thread. On a side note, I'm hoping to get some time to start on the Package :)

RL has rendered me less time lately to dedicate to modeling/building (cue Debbie Downer sound-bite). I hope to hit it back up soon but cannot promise anything at this time.

As I browse various threads I am happy to see some of these models pop up as part of a build or larger project and am glad to be able to give back to the community in this effort. Keep building four-oh-five!

ADD UPDATE...

Getting ready to reload...Reach's concussion rifle ammo pack added to the beginning of the thread.

ADD UPDATE...

Concussion-injuries: in-bound. Reach's concussion rifle has been added to the beginning of the thread.

Thank you very much for the Concussion Rifle file as will as the ammo!

I can't wait to see what you have in store for us the next time you update your model thread!

Man that Concussion Rifle is sick! I guess you didn't see my post a while back where I asked if you wanted to collaborate on it to get it done faster and stuff ha ha. But anyways that really is some more amazing work from you. I was wondering, is 36" the official length or was that just an approximation?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU I LOVE YOU these r amazing once im done with my myt mark v all of these are mine

Thanks, whatsup. Looking forward to seeing your suit and whatever else you make to compliment it.

Thank you very much for the Concussion Rifle file as will as the ammo!

I can't wait to see what you have in store for us the next time you update your model thread!

You're welcome, man. Have you made any progress with the needler rifle?

Man that Concussion Rifle is sick! I guess you didn't see my post a while back where I asked if you wanted to collaborate on it to get it done faster and stuff ha ha. But anyways that really is some more amazing work from you. I was wondering, is 36" the official length or was that just an approximation?

Thanks, Chevysrule. In early September I started the model by just outlining the side-view. I shelved it until last weekend and had one major session with it then and one major session with it this weekend. I really wanted to complete it so I just powered through. Thanks very much for the offer to help.

The length of 36" is my estimation. I wasn't able to find sizing characteristics at Bungie or any wikis. I took a few in-game screen-shots of the rifle held by a Spartan and the weapon looks huge in comparison.

If anything I'm hoping I scaled it a bit on the large side so if anyone feels it's too large they can decrease the scale and then only have to rearrange the pieces with Pepakura Designer instead of having to also break the pieces up (since I try to maximize page-space with as large-as-possible pieces in my unfolds, increasing the scale would lead to pieces extending over page-breaks).

Great job on the models! Very impressed. Keep doing what you do!

Thanks, brutha! I appreciate the kudos. Likewise, on the 'keep doing what you do' portion of your post.

You're welcome, man. Have you made any progress with the needler rifle?
Haven't worked on it for a while, bro. I've been busy with a bunch of things as well as being sick at the moment.

I'm feeling alot better now, so I might go back in and tweek it up a bit.

Ya know Satchmo, I've become a fan of your models and I REALLY like the Cortana chip canister and I thought that would be a cool prop to build. At first I didn't know how I would go about by making it, but turns out that I have something I can use to make it and if everything goes to plan, it should look pretty freakin sweet! :D haha Although there are a few things I am gonna have to buy, but I think I should be able to pull it off quite nicely! :)

Amazing work, Satchmo. The concussion rifle is BEAST! :D I was examining it, however, and i couldn't tell if the ammo cartridge was removable or not, and I sort of guessed it was since there was an extra cartridge. Can they be switched out or is the extra just for show?

the extra is just for show, you could find a way to disassemble the rifle and make the ammo removable. With pep files, however, one you glue stuff together the option of removable parts become slim lol

You seriously have no idea how happy I am that you made the marine torso.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and would love to see how the model translates to RL. Let me know if things go well. If things go poorly, well, just let it fade to black (just kidding, let me know if you have any suggestions (your comments would be much appreciated in turn)).

Haven't worked on it for a while, bro. I've been busy with a bunch of things as well as being sick at the moment.

I'm feeling alot better now, so I might go back in and tweek it up a bit.

Get better. Complete your model. Go.

well time to see if i can make the Concussion Rifle :)

From what I've seen in your Halo 4 thread you're already making good progress (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/34352-Halo-4-Helmet-Build?p=574277#post574277). I thought those ridges at the stock would be tricky but you have barreled through them at a great clip. I look forward to seeing what you're able to do but I hope you don't stray too much from the scope of your thread.

Ya know Satchmo, I've become a fan of your models and I REALLY like the Cortana chip canister and I thought that would be a cool prop to build. At first I didn't know how I would go about by making it, but turns out that I have something I can use to make it and if everything goes to plan, it should look pretty freakin sweet! :D haha Although there are a few things I am gonna have to buy, but I think I should be able to pull it off quite nicely! :)

Thanks, HaloGoddess. I have discovered that although pepakura is excellent for making the unimaginable, it's often the odds and ends that are found laying around that ultimately make things look believable and unbelievable (if that makes any sense). I look forward to seeing what you are able to come up with and wish you the best with completing your Kat suit.

Amazing work, Satchmo. The concussion rifle is BEAST! :D I was examining it, however, and i couldn't tell if the ammo cartridge was removable or not, and I sort of guessed it was since there was an extra cartridge. Can they be switched out or is the extra just for show?

the extra is just for show, you could find a way to disassemble the rifle and make the ammo removable. With pep files, however, one you glue stuff together the option of removable parts become slim lol

Thank you, darth_eli. Pipinacan is correct. The rifle model is one-piece. I considered constructing it in parts (the top of the shaft pivots at the front which brings out the cartridge) but decided that a first pass of the model would need to be one whole part. If anyone is serious about trying to piece together a multi-part model with pepakura please feel free to contact me.

Since the symmetry of the ammo cartridge required it to be constructed outside of the full rifle I thought it would be fun to provide it as a separate model in addition to the completed rifle (just for kicks).

Thanks everyone for your interest. I think I've said it before but I hope that any of the models I've provided help out whether it be within a build or with an interest to model. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or comments. I hope everyone's projects are swimming. Godspeed, 405th.

If anyone is serious about trying to piece together a multi-part model with pepakura please feel free to contact me.
I would LOVE a sectioned model of the Concussion Rifle and Focus Rifle!

If anyone is serious about trying to piece together a multi-part model with pepakura please feel free to contact me.
With your permission I would have a go at sectioning the Concussion Rifle. Chopping it into parts is relatively easy. Finding a way of allowing the parts to move is harder, but I think I have an idea for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back