Model portfolio (Satchmo III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP UPDATE...

I've been working on a full set of SPI armor on and off for a week or two. I'm not done but I wanted to share some renders of the WIP before I take a break for a bit. Like the helmet I posted a while back the armor set is primarily based on art by Tekka-Croe at deviantart (Semi-Powered Infiltrator). Intent is for pepakura development but once I'm done I may detail it out more. III out.

View attachment 256466

View attachment 256467

Excellent model of the Spi armor, is in .obj format? could you share the model like this?

WIP UPDATE (SPI armor)...

Thanks for the feedback mkshane81 and xtrem1275!

I spent time this weekend reshaping/refining and am happier with most of the parts. There are a few more things I plan on cleaning up before completing/sharing. For the pepakura release I intend on omitting the buckles and straps (except the main shoulder straps) and the ab/groin plates will be one part that is separate from the rest of the torso.

Below is a turn-table of where the model is as of now. Take care four-oh-five!

SPI-WPI-00-0.05.gif

WIP UPDATE (SPI armor)...

Thanks for the feedback mkshane81 and xtrem1275!

I spent time this weekend reshaping/refining and am happier with most of the parts. There are a few more things I plan on cleaning up before completing/sharing. For the pepakura release I intend on omitting the buckles and straps (except the main shoulder straps) and the ab/groin plates will be one part that is separate from the rest of the torso.

Below is a turn-table of where the model is as of now. Take care four-oh-five!

View attachment 256694

It looks excellent as it is, I asked if you could share it as is and if you can .obj format because I would like to make a papermodel with your model to do it in 1/6 scale thanks for your prompt reply good afternoon

ADD UPDATE (SPI ARMOR PEPAKURA)...

I'm pleased to say that I've completed the remaining SPI armor parts along with unfolds. I've been wanting to do this since 2012 when I first made a different version of the SPI forearm. Download links are below and at the beginning of the thread. Please remember to check scaling and modify to suit your needs. I hope to see an SPI build someday!

At the bottom of post I've inserted a rendering emulating a portion of the Ghosts of Onyx book cover with a slightly more detailed version of the armor set.

Halo onyx ab-plates SPI-TC (Satchmo III) 2018-07-04.pdo
Pep window ab-plates.png

Halo onyx bicep SPI-TC (Satchmo III) 2018-07-04.pdo
Pep window bicep.png

Halo onyx butt-plate SPI-TC (Satchmo III) 2018-07-04.pdo
Pep window butt-plate.png

Halo onyx foot-plates SPI-TC (Satchmo III) 2018-07-04.pdo
Pep window foot-plates.png

Halo onyx forearm SPI-TC (Satchmo III) 2018-07-04.pdo
Pep window forearm.png

Halo onyx hip-plate SPI-TC (Satchmo III) 2018-07-04.pdo
Pep window hip-plate.png

Halo onyx knee SPI-TC (Satchmo III) 2018-07-04.pdo
Pep window knee.png

Halo onyx shin SPI-TC (Satchmo III) 2018-07-04.pdo
Pep window shin.png

Halo onyx thigh-left SPI-TC (Satchmo III) 2018-07-04.pdo
Pep window thigh-left.png

Halo onyx thigh-right SPI-TC (Satchmo III) 2018-07-04.pdo
Pep window thigh-right.png

Halo onyx torso SPI-TC (Satchmo III) 2018-07-04.pdo
Pep window torso.png

Keep it tight, Nobles.

suit-wip-02-11.png

I'm still around. ;) I just dont come here often, but I do have a large following on instagram. Thats where I've been a lot lately. :p
Please come back moreoften. I have been so encouraged by the recent activity of prominent veteran builders returning to the forum! We have so much going on!

ADD UPDATE (LEGENDS HELMET JOHN PEPAKURA)...

I wanted to have a go at a Master Chief helmet so I dug back into The Package from Halo Legends for reference to make John's Mark-IV bucket. Modifying game assets is cool and all but I like developing models that are not otherwise available. I hope someone out there has been jonesing for this and will attempt assembly...if so good luck!

Legends helmet john (Satchmo III) 2018-09-02.pdo
Legends helmet john pep window.png

Oh my goodness, absolutely killed it buddy!!

-Matt

Thanks Matt, hope your projects are going well.

I've been looking for this thread for a long time! *tears up* I can build me an SPI suit now!... after my Mk V is done.

I had been looking to finish the armor and put it into a thread for long time. Dry those tears and continue forging.

fabulous model since I read onyx ghosts wished to see that armor thank you for the excellent model

Thanks xtrem1275!

I'm still around. ;) I just dont come here often, but I do have a large following on instagram. Thats where I've been a lot lately. :p

Glad you're still around sometimes. Have you built anything recently? Take care!

ADD UPDATE AND COMMUNITY OPPORTUNITY...

An H5 deadeye helmet model has been uploaded to the beginning of the thread and below. The PDO file (intended for pepakura) hasn't been unfolded yet and I'd like to see if another person wants to work up an unfold for the community. If you'd like to participate please download the file, open it in Pepakura Designer and click the [undo unfold] button to start. Keep in mind that Pepakura Designer only lets you save if you've purchased a key for the full version. When you're done post a link to your unfold in a PM to me or in a post below and I will revise the beginning of the thread with the updated file and credits.

If you're new to unfolding and would like to give it a go, but don't know where to start...you could check out my unfold tutorial or others on youtube. Mine is pert long but it shows the full process for how I perform unfolds.

Thanks in advance four-oh-five!

Halo 5 helmet deadeye asset mod (Satchmo III, XXX) 2018-10-24.pdo
Deadeye pep window.png

Last edited:
ADD UPDATE AND UNFOLD REQUEST...

Since no one has stepped forward yet to unfold the H5 deadeye helmet there is but one course of action...uploaded to the beginning of the thread and below is an H3 recon helmet that needs an unfold. Are you willing to take on this challenge in order to haz recon? If so, please PM me or post a link to your unfold below and I'll upload it to the beginning of the thread (and share it with the armory). Later Nobles!

Halo 3 helmet recon asset mod (Satchmo III, XXX) 2018-11-04.pdo
Recon pep window.png

ADD UPDATE (SPI ARMOR PEPAKURA)...

I'm pleased to say that I've completed the remaining SPI armor parts along with unfolds. I've been wanting to do this since 2012 when I first made a different version of the SPI forearm. Download links are below and at the beginning of the thread. Please remember to check scaling and modify to suit your needs. I hope to see an SPI build someday!

At the bottom of post I've inserted a rendering emulating a portion of the Ghosts of Onyx book cover with a slightly more detailed version of the armor set.

View attachment 256918

Any chances you'd think about providing the more detailed files? I'm looking to build SPI super soon, and your files are by far the most useful resource available, however in my own projects I find the more detailed the base file the better. Files with the straps and extra details would be beyond useful even just as a 3D reference.

Having just tackled the iconic ODST
1L2A9384-Edit-Photographer-Bouncelight.jpg pixelflaregfx edit.jpg0EAE48A5-8A50-4D68-8CE0-F975BBD3C58F.jpg IMG_2722.JPG
and also just having read Last Light and Retribution, I'm really hyped to make SPI and hoping to make it the most detailed and accurate costume as I can.

Last edited:
Any chances you'd think about providing the more detailed files? I'm looking to build SPI super soon, and your files are by far the most useful resource available, however in my own projects I find the more detailed the base file the better. Files with the straps and extra details would be beyond useful even just as a 3D reference.

Having just tackled the iconic ODST (See images) and also just having read Last Light and Retribution, I'm really hyped to make SPI and hoping to make it the most detailed and accurate costume as I can.
View attachment 262616 View attachment 262618View attachment 262622 View attachment 262623
I haven’t seen this build anywhere? Where’d this come from? Last thing I saw you build was the red reach set.
This is awesome I’d like to see more.

I haven’t seen this build anywhere? Where’d this come from? Last thing I saw you build was the red reach set.
This is awesome I’d like to see more.
I've been a bit naughty and not posted anything about the build on here, I did however post a few bits and pieces on facebook and instagram, and you can find me under the same handle on both.I might see about making a retrospective write up however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back