Most Detestable Sound You Heard In Your Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevbor

Hey people,

Just curious about most detestable sound you ever heard.

I'm personally hate the sound of working high-pressure big compressor at my work :)

It just produce irresistible horror on my mind, it seems it will explode the next moment.

'm always trying to avoid to pass near it :)

And you are?

Well, I'm not sure if they have this anywhere else, but there's a security device in the UK known as a Mosquito, which emits a high pitch screech which can (apparently) only be heard by under 25s. I live 50 paces from a corner shop, which happens to be:

• a Mosquito user
  • the 'hangout' spot for the neighborhood thugs

Unfortunately (and obviously) the shopkeeper doesn't like the neighborhood thugs, so they set off the Mosquito every time one comes within the shop's CCTV vision, which can be anything from 2 to 5 hundred times a day, and I can hear it from my house. (I think it's going off again...)

I would post a Youtube video of it, but I don't want to torture the members of the 405th. ;)

My most detestable sound would have to be,the long velcro strips that are on our school hats(you dont need to wear them),it mkaes such a irritating sound,it makes me wanna burn anyone that has one of our school hats.

i hate when i buy a Slurpee from 7elven and the straw rubs on the circle on the lid nd makes that screeching

and the sound of my dog crying all morning cuz he isnt goin for a walk and the dog across the street is in heat

I have to say its a draw for me on the worst noise possible to hear I have to say both come from the same thing and both are equally disturbing and that is the sound of someone blowing their nose or the sound of that same someone snorting their own snot back in. :(

When people chew with their freakin' mouth open. Like, I'm not talking about the occasional slurp or whatever, I mean like gum smacking, teeth gnashing, tongue lashing eating technique. I can't imagine it to be any more efficient than normal, quiet chewing. I don't know... ugh..

I hate it when I'm eating and I accidentally scrape my fork along my plate which makes a screaching scratching sound just like as if someone is scraping their nails along a chalk board

ugh makes me shiver

=Ω24= Leyton said:
Well, I'm not sure if they have this anywhere else, but there's a security device in the UK known as a Mosquito, which emits a high pitch screech which can (apparently) only be heard by under 25s. I live 50 paces from a corner shop, which happens to be:

• a Mosquito user

Unfortunately (and obviously) the shopkeeper doesn't like the neighborhood thugs, so they set off the Mosquito every time one comes within the shop's CCTV vision, which can be anything from 2 to 5 hundred times a day, and I can hear it from my house. (I think it's going off again...)

I would post a Youtube video of it, but I don't want to torture the members of the 405th. ;)

lol, I have the mosuito (also called teen buzz) as a ringtone. Works like a dream in school, but I graduated so now I just do it randomly to annoy those near me :lol It really doesn't bug me.....

My most hated noise...... hmm...... When people talk like theu know everything and are soooooo far from right. I call it a noise because I normally just tune out ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you that have kids, "Dad! Dad! Dad! Dad! Dad! Dad!"

And the screeching of the wife when those same kids say, " Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom!"

Dizzerak said:
For those of you that have kids, "Dad! Dad! Dad! Dad! Dad! Dad!"

And the screeching of the wife when those same kids say, " Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom!"

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNkp4QF3we8[/media]

the sound of two pieces of styrafoam being rubbed together.....eeeeeeeeeaahh

it makes my brain twitch with anguish

Small children screaming at the top of their lungs in high pitches. *shiver*

The scene from the beginning of Wild Hogs with Martin Lawrence comes to mind as an example.

=Ω24= Leyton said:

• a Mosquito user

Kids use this during classes to hear if they got text messages in my school. And i'm in the good Ol' U S of A

The sound that Dermestid beetles make when they scatter. You will NEVER hear a rain stick again without a shudder crawling up your spine.

These are Dermestid/Flesh-eating beetles.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGouHEmW_nc&feature=related[/media]

Magnums is a close second though. Kids that shriek like they're being murdered when they're really just playing grates on me.

Sigma-LS said:
The sound that Dermestid beetles make when they scatter...

puke.gif

kay i dont know what there called but there holographic kinda ( when you move from one side to another the pic changes)

but the sound is when you scrape your finger across it it sends a shudder up my spine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back