Most Detestable Sound You Heard In Your Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
=Ω24= Leyton said:
Well, I'm not sure if they have this anywhere else, but there's a security device in the UK known as a Mosquito, which emits a high pitch screech which can (apparently) only be heard by under 25s. I live 50 paces from a corner shop, which happens to be:

• a Mosquito user
  • the 'hangout' spot for the neighborhood thugs

Unfortunately (and obviously) the shopkeeper doesn't like the neighborhood thugs, so they set off the Mosquito every time one comes within the shop's CCTV vision, which can be anything from 2 to 5 hundred times a day, and I can hear it from my house. (I think it's going off again...)

I would post a Youtube video of it, but I don't want to torture the members of the 405th. ;)

There is also one for detering cats as well. Everytime I walk past one (as they are always on until the battery dies *kill the batteries*) it feels as though my ears are going to bleed. I remember one night I walked past one and it felt like a brick hit my ear.

Good on you ;) .

corby said:
the sound of two pieces of styrafoam being rubbed together.....eeeeeeeeeaahh

it makes my brain twitch with anguish

Or even when it is rubbed against something. All you have to do is rub the dam stuff with your hand and it sends shivers up and down my spine (Shudder). If people do it on purpose I want to hit them. Thats how annoying I find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sound of a Mitsubishi MU-2 with both engines running. Even with double hearing protection (earplugs and over-ear protectors) it is VERY LOUD and annoying. And don't even ask about the high-speed governor check, that is enough to make a line service crew hate a pilot or mechanic for life.

Mitsubishi_Mu-2.jpg

The sound of charcoal, chalk, or number 2 pencils on paper. Nails on paper also hurts my ears.

Never before have I had to go to my happy place until art class. :>

Bloodl3tt3r said:
If anything, my alarm clock when it goes off at 6:30 in the morning, signaling that it's time for school.

Haha forgot about that :D But mine goes of at 5:30

Last edited by a moderator:
sound of the lazy cashier calling me to the front of the grocery store i work at, to carry out groceries

Chucky Cheese. You can hear it from the parking lot by the Best Buy I go into frequently.

Also my mother in the morning on a bad hair day and orientation at 9 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back