Music to build your armor to

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero sama

Jr Member
So I noticed something the other day while working on my newest project. Different armors make me want to listen to different music. It’s kind of weird right? When I’m working my Halo armor I want to listen to stuff like Bob Seger, CCR, and The Doobie Brothers. When working on my GOW armor all I want to listen to is metal. Stuff like Man’o’War, Disturbed, and Motorhead. Even on my Gundam I just want to hear RUSH and Boston. It’s almost like the armor its self is deciding what to listen to. It’s to the point that I can’t really even work on anything unless the right music is playing.

Does anyone else have this little “oddity” while working on any of their projects? Or am I just slowly going insane? Just a little curious to know what everybody else thinks about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
What i do is turn on kroq (i live in so-cal) all day long. Fantastic selection of songs my friend.

I only have one project, so I don't have different musical tastes for different builds. I do however, tend to listen to whatever album I feel like. Usually Rise Against, Queen, Disturbed, Panic! At The Disco, Red, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Breaking Benjamin or Alkaline Trio. Otherwise, I just put my ipod on shuffle and skip songs I really don't feel like.

Though Breaking Benjamin works surprisingly well with my Halo stuff (probably because of their relation to it) and the Blood Gulch Blues is always fun.

I imagine I'd quite enjoy listening to my Star Wars soundtracks if I ever get around to a Star Wars build :p

Depends on my mood...sometimes Rock, sometimes Classic Rock, and sometimes stuff like Trans-Siberian Orchestra (Night Castle or Beethoven's Last Night), Nightwish, or Blind Guardian.

Sandstorm remix..... Techno, trance, dance, house, and progressive house. Hmmm...yulp, you're right. I would say I seem to like a faster beat while sanding/filing parts

I too agree with Opeth :D

But also, A LOT of iron maiden's early stuff (Iron maiden, killers, number of the beast, piece of mind...)
Then, pretty much what ever i feel like.
Tonight it was Bigwig, Maiden, Catch 22 ...

Oh, and Europe! i dont care if people think they're gay, i love em :D

Last night I was listening to the best of Moby two disc album, I have a wide range of music I listen too(Or at least have in my library) But I mostly listen too System Of a Down with some Disturbed,LinkinPark(The older stuff), Chali 2na(I first heard him in LP's Reanimation album and finally got around to looking him up, Need get his album) And of course, Right said Fred: I'm too sexy :p And some VNV Nation, Darude(SandStorm FTW), I can't believe I forgot these guy's, SABATON Very kickass:

Jabenbetz – yes Iron Maiden is a must in my music rotation as well

I’ve also found that there are a few bands that have managed to “cross the project boundary” .38 Special, Dio, and Van Halen chef among them.

Yeah, Im thinking that people pick music with faster beats when theyre fiberglassing and bondoing, since with those materials your working under a time constraint and the fast beat might encourage you to work faster. And slower beat music would encourage you to take your time when pepping and painting so you do a better job. I dunno, just a thought.

I usually have a movie going in the background while I work. I have gone through hundreds of movies while working on this stuff. That tells you how much time I have put in. Probably more than 1000 movies without breaking a sweat.

Hmm... Let me take a look at my playlist...

Iron Maiden (Post-"Dance of Death" (2003 album) era with some oldies sprinkled in)
Metallica (It's all great music, even their newest album)
30 Seconds To Mars (Great band, love their style)
Jimi Hendrix
Disturbed
Coheed and Cambria (Only 1 or 2 songs made the cut)
Hail the Villian (Canadian band, has multiple great songs)
3 Days Grace (Canadian Band, has some good songs)

There are plenty of other bands out there that made my list, however chances are you'll never have heard of them...

Hmm... Let me take a look at my playlist...

Iron Maiden (Post-"Dance of Death" (2003 album) era with some oldies sprinkled in)
Metallica (It's all great music, even their newest album)
30 Seconds To Mars (Great band, love their style)
Jimi Hendrix
Disturbed
Coheed and Cambria (Only 1 or 2 songs made the cut)
Hail the Villian (Canadian band, has multiple great songs)
3 Days Grace (Canadian Band, has some good songs)

There are plenty of other bands out there that made my list, however chances are you'll never have heard of them...
Metallica FTW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back