SpartanxNation

helmet design.jpg

This is my own design the I am Attempting to transfer into an EVA foam helmet.

SpartanxNation

Update on the Spear I had to restart. The Foam was not working the way I wanted it too. I am now starting with a broom stick handle and working with straight EVA Foam. and not card board anymore i will post a pic of the updated spear by tomorrow.

SpartanxNation

I am planning on making a shield for this armor and I don't know yet what type of shield i would like to make. I feel like adding back story to my character by making one out of resin and making it look like a jackal Shield but i also feel that i should honor the UNSC and make one that resembles their style of builds and weaponry.

SpartanxNation

Hey guys its been a while. Sorry for the lapse in posts I was focusing on my YouTube channel for a bit and redoing my room as well as some other stuff. I have been having trouble learning blender so I think I'm just going to work on a pattern for the helmet the old fashion way and touch it up in a photo editing software. Thank you guys so much though and I should have the pattern up in a week or two.

PlanetAlexander

Blender is a massive program to learn, so don't feel bad if you can't get into it. I've been using it for 6 years on and off, yet it's only been this past year that I really stuck my head down and got into it. Traditional pattern making by handing can be easier - it's a bit of an investment, but if you can make a headcast of yourself, you can make patterns to fit your head easily. Otherwise, doing it by eye with your own head will still get ya there.

SpartanxNation

Blender is a massive program to learn, so don't feel bad if you can't get into it. I've been using it for 6 years on and off, yet it's only been this past year that I really stuck my head down and got into it. Traditional pattern making by handing can be easier - it's a bit of an investment, but if you can make a headcast of yourself, you can make patterns to fit your head easily. Otherwise, doing it by eye with your own head will still get ya there.

Thank you. I've made a pattern by hand before and it is so much easier especially since I don't have much back ground in digital art and I want to make the pattern usable for everyone here in case they want a traditional style yet still halo-esque helmet for their builds. So with that being said I will make a good looking helmet pattern that looks good and can be scaled......Hopefully