1st Build My First Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobius1ac

So I have recently started my first Pepakura Armor build. I've always wanted to make a set of Halo armor, but only recently came about doing it. When finished, I plan to have a full set of Halo 3 Mjolnir Mk VI.

I have decided to start documenting and posting my progress

So far, I have cut and folded a shin and a half
IMG_20200213_000324.jpg

And resined (outside coat) the glove pieces
IMG_20200127_130407.jpg
IMG_20200202_165023_01.jpg

So a few notes as of now: I started out using the tacky craft glue, it holds well and stays plastic enough to get parts into position before hardening. I recently switched to a super glue gel pen. I can use less glue and it quickly adheres and I dont have to worry about pulling it out of position; I think I will be staying with the super glue from here on out.
On folding: my very first attempts at Pep were actually on a test prop pistol (actually an M6R Reverse throwing Pistol from the Halo CE Cursed Mod). On that, I was just folding on the lines by hand, and it shows; the lines are not very accurate or crisp. My next piece, one of the hand plates, I used a clay-molding tool as what I now now as a bone folder. Unfortunately, the tool was so thick, that it was hard to accurately place scores as well as being rather soft plastic that I had to keep sharpening to the point that it had changed shape. From here on out, I am using the back of my X-acto knife to score the paper and it is working great.

So a few notes as of now: I started out using the tacky craft glue, it holds well and stays plastic enough to get parts into position before hardening. I recently switched to a super glue gel pen. I can use less glue and it quickly adheres and I dont have to worry about pulling it out of position; I think I will be staying with the super glue from here on out.
On folding: my very first attempts at Pep were actually on a test prop pistol (actually an M6R Reverse throwing Pistol from the Halo CE Cursed Mod). On that, I was just folding on the lines by hand, and it shows; the lines are not very accurate or crisp. My next piece, one of the hand plates, I used a clay-molding tool as what I now now as a bone folder. Unfortunately, the tool was so thick, that it was hard to accurately place scores as well as being rather soft plastic that I had to keep sharpening to the point that it had changed shape. From here on out, I am using the back of my X-acto knife to score the paper and it is working great.
Do you have pictures of this magnum?

There is a special place in Hell for whomever designed this piece of the elbow armor...
IMG_20200314_003625.jpg

There are so many folds and joints in such a small space, that I can't even see where the cuts are. One segment is completely black from all of the overlapping joint numbers. But did eventually get it in some kind of order

So I butchered the first attempt at that last part of the forearm, here is the start of my second attempt
15842919549811730571972991730953.jpg

I printed this one on plain printer paper and deleted the joint IDs. This has made it much easier to work with, but I do have to be more careful as the paper likes to tear very easily. My plan is to finish this piece entirely, and make a duplicate using resin casting for the other arm as this piece is mostly just mirrored over

15842921417333786263683239533020.jpg

It was my choice to use the UHD pep models, so I'm sticking to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back