1st Build My First Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could always make it our of foam.....it will give it the flex needed or you could go fancy. Make the piece detachable with magnets. It would keep the same rigidity, but ease of putting it on.

I like the magnet idea, but i feel like getting it to fit right would be difficult, especially on a high profile piece like the helmet. I'm doing something similar with the boots, but those are looked at less than the helmet.

Here is the first of the new boots. The ankle and heel have been fused into one piece.
IMG_20200811_134213.jpg

IMG_20200811_134223.jpg

From initial test fits? Absolutely not. Especially if Im going to leave the boot liner in it.

So if your foot .....wait....wait......just a little confused. How are you planning to correct this little inconvenience?

A jeweler's tool?!?.....you have got to post a pic of that!!

So got the framing wire out and just pulled it taught with the part held between my knees.
15972544949273488782713708958765.jpg

The left cut is with the wire, the right is with the coping saw. Granted, this wire is just what I had lying around and this part isn't very thick. I could probably go to the store and find better, thinner wire for this.

that is still a lot of tear out to deal with....how much effort did it take to do that small test cut?

that is still a lot of tear out to deal with....how much effort did it take to do that small test cut?
Almost none at all. The hard part would be keeping it on track, but it can cut in any direction. And if it were on a frame, I could use one hand to do the cutting while the other holds the part.

So after a few attempts, this is what the saw wound up looking like.
15982182216143667220342159612861.jpg

Not bad for what I have on hand. This whole setup costs maybe $10. The wire was like $1.50 and I have had this coping saw for so long, I have no idea what I paid for it originally. But it cuts well enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back