My H3 WIP Helmet (Complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!!! thats crazy good! you really are doing a nice job! If you did a real double visor this will be awsome. Could be turnin into the next Spase or MLC. Yours looks nice as well as theres. keep it up

Amazing work! Congrats on making a sweet helm. Do you plan on adding a few additional line details or mold it because it's certainly worthy of it!

You can tell you were really dedicated to getting it very smooth and detailed...and it has certainly paid off.

This is a very enviable helm you have here!

You lucky ducky in Hawaii :) I have been to your state once and even the rain there was lovely. (Maybe I'm a sucker for islands :D)

crazybunny said:
That is so FTW. Add the black accents and youre good to go.(maybe even the white stripe down the middle)
Well since I am almost done...maybe I will just add those 2 items just to see how it will come out!

iamyourcousin228 said:
WOW!!! thats crazy good! you really are doing a nice job! If you did a real double visor this will be awsome. Could be turnin into the next Spase or MLC. Yours looks nice as well as theres. keep it up
HA...Never gonna get to those two. They are in a diff level. But it does motivate me more to try and make my helmet look like theres. Been thinking of the double visor and found out that it might be a bit cheaper since the vinyl guy was telling me that I would have to pay a "Set Up Fee" and then each sticker will be about $10 each, so $45 for the set up and $10 for the sticker....$55 total. So I am gonna add another visor.

Sigma-LS said:
Amazing work! Congrats on making a sweet helm. Do you plan on adding a few additional line details or mold it because it's certainly worthy of it!
I really want to try and mold this but I am having a hard time looking for anybody here in the islands that sell "Smooth On" products. I actually don't know how I would go about looking for these. Any help would be greatly appreciated though!!

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE: 12/29/07

Ok...I didn't have much time to work on my helmet since Christmas but I had some time yesterday...tried to get as much as I could but I had to go to a family dinner...that sux! Well I took some of your advices and came up with this. I am also ditching the sticker idea since it will cost me a bit more to have it set up and then made...so I am off to the bike shop to purchase another visor!

http://www.team-sapc.org/WIP/DSCF2469.JPG

http://www.team-sapc.org/WIP/DSCF2558.JPG

http://www.team-sapc.org/WIP/DSCF2554.JPG

http://www.team-sapc.org/WIP/DSCF2555.JPG

The reason why the pics are big is because I actually thought I was done, but after looking at some of the reference pics, I started to do a bit more work...Now I am off to get the visor!

UPDATE: 01/01/08

Happy New Year Everyone!

My update for the 1st of this year is this...

DSCF2582.JPG

Double Visor installed and holes for the LED's has been installed...[edit]As you can see...I have done nothing under the visor, so I will be working on that as well

DSCF2581.JPG

Messed up on the pic but I noticed that I really had a bit more than 2 more spots to finish...I sitll gots under the brim to finish, don't know how I am gonna pull that off, and I actually have to finish adding the detail to the back of the helmet.

Crossfire said:
Your helmet is amazing,
How are you going to do those details you pointed out

Hmmm...I might just adds layers of glaze to the spots I am gonna work on...specially the mouthpiece and the brim.

Great helmet.

It is amazing what a person can do with a heck of a lot of cardstock and a heck of a lot of fiberglass.

UPDATE: 01/10/08

WOW...sorry for the lengthy update...I had problems with my paint, for some reason the paint was getting all wrinkled, not overspray but wrinkled. It must've been because of the new red paint I had, for some reason there was some gold pearl in there so my helmet was coming out a very nice wrinkled reddish gold look.

Well I have been sanding like crazy just getting rid of the messed up paint and it was no easy task, I threw away the spray cans and scrounged up my old Tan color that I used for my CA M15A4 CQB. Added a bit more detail on the next time around and figured I work on it a bit more...Now for the pics!

DSCF2586.JPG
DSCF2587.JPG

DSCF2588.JPG
DSCF2589.JPG

DSCF2590.JPG
DSCF2592.JPG

DSCF2591.JPG

Also got those 2 parts worked out!

for some reason the paint was getting all wrinkled
your red was probably oil based, this will make any acrylic coats on top freak out. Learned that the hard way myself too :)
Looks great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back