My SB ODST Armor Finished, Finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you ever did filming wouldnt you be able to have one with the smoked visor, one without and then one with a clear visor, and transition them into one another so you go from tint to clear? itd look sick if filmed properly. Atm I'm pepping three suits (Mk Vi, Jun, Odst) and am doing a odst helmet atm. did you make the smoked visor or buy a second off sean? thanks

Can anyone tell me how to go about obtaining decals like this? I googled "UNSC Decals" "Halo Decals" etc with little result.. I can use photoshop and could create some basic UNSC art, but how to go about turning that png into a decal I'm not sure. Can anyone shed a little light on the subject (i'm a noob)?

wooooooooooooooooooow, thats soo cool. Im not a big fan of the ODST and thats frickin amazing. great job dude.

Actually, I bought smoked moto visors [same model I used for my 117 MC] and affixed it behind the supplied visors. Works like a charm. The armor is vac-formed, courtesy of Sean B. I had it trimmed, cut down to fit and reinforced with lightweight fiberglass matting and resin.

As for the decals, we had those transferred onto a flash drive and dropped it off at our local decal maker, he did the rest. :D

Hope that helps.

Stay safe,

Tim.

i want to get into making ODST armor and this is good motivation to thrive to be better altho thats going to be hard compared to this. well good job and continue the good work.

Hey tim, quick question, what did you use to fix the shotgun shells on your forearm? Looks just like what Emile has on his forearm...

Hey tim, quick question, what did you use to fix the shotgun shells on your forearm? Looks just like what Emile has on his forearm...

Apologies bro, for my late reply. I'm using a Remington 870 Side Saddle for the shotgun shells on my forearm. Hope that helps! :)

Tamiya is the name of the paint series, used by modelers for their kits.

Thanks for the kudos guys!

Dude, YES. It's been in the negatives around here for a while, but you've just motivated me to haul my supplies to the school art department and keep on working on mine.

Question: I noticed you used a a plate carrier (or at least something with webbing/MOLLE system). How's that working out? I'm debating using that or working with foam. Thanks!

Dude, YES. It's been in the negatives around here for a while, but you've just motivated me to haul my supplies to the school art department and keep on working on mine.

Glad to hear it...good luck!

Question: I noticed you used a a plate carrier (or at least something with webbing/MOLLE system). How's that working out? I'm debating using that or working with foam. Thanks!

It's an RAV system and it works great for what we have in mind. As stated in my first post, we'll be looking to remove the ab plates to customize and personalize the armor a bit more. And having the MOLLE setup will allow that. :)

Hope that helps.

Stay safe,

Tim.

Tamiya is the name of the paint series, used by modelers for their kits.

Thanks for the kudos guys!

I went to meet my girlfriend downtown to buy some cupcakes today and to get out of the parkade I was in one must pass through a Hobby Shop. Well, as fate would have it my girlfriend was actually somewhere else in the city and I found a huge wall of Tamiya paints. My jaw dropped a little and I suddenly felt kind of silly, but thanks for answering my question anyways! It looks like awesome stuff.

Cheers

Hey all,

I know it's been awhile but my new job with The Lion King musical Puppet Department has taken up pretty much all of my time. Anyhow, I just wanted to share what I did to make my SB ODST armor a little more different...

With the general consensus tween Sandman, Ghost and myself on the fact that we wanted the ab-armor pieces to be switched out for 'real world' parts; Sandman will have a crossdraw holster for his Magnum, Ghost...I can't seem to remember...LOL! and mine:

IMG_6493.jpg

IMG_6494.jpg

That done...all I need now is an M90 *cough* BenJamin *cough*!

Stay safe,

Tim.

Attachments

• IMG_6493.jpg
    IMG_6493.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_6494.jpg
    IMG_6494.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 110
Excellent job on the suit bro, pretty dawggone epic, and that ab armor is flat out awesome!

Awesome job on the armor. The shotgun shells are a great touch! I assume it there shouldn't be any problems walking around in public with live ammo strapped to your chest...

I plan on doing something similar with my armor. I'm making a regular Mark VI, but I'm going to add a "touch of Jun" and put three .50 cal bullets on the left shoulder (they're decommisioned, already fired).

Hello I've been a member for a while. I've had a plan for a while but i cant get it started. My plan is to make a copy of my Halo:Reach spartan with attachable and detachable armor variants. My materials i have to use are plexiglass, cardboard, paper, electrical and duck tape, and aluminum. Can i get some help or how to start my plan. I would like to have it done by comic-con 2011. Go to bungie.net and search up the shadows. my halo character is going to have all ODST but the helmet will have the second attachment from the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back