Nerds with Girls???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nerd girls tend to hang around anime conventions, so, check there. Alternatively, build armor, go to school in it. You will be ridiculed by some, but others will recognize your skill. Also, the nerd girls will swoon. Kind of.

Anime conventions are hit or miss. Never hook up with a chick at one, you'll end up with one of two kinds. 1. Really desprate and clingy, or 2. psycho. No joke, but on rare occassions you could stumble into a good convo with a chick and something will come from it. Gotta be REALLY careful though. Also, steer clear of those ones that seem to flaunt their stuff.... I've noticed most are only after nerds wallets.

So outside of school and the 405th where do the Cool nerd girls hang out at???

Comic stores, music cafes, parks, everywhere. Its just do you notice that they are cool and nerdy girls.

If build armour and went to school in it, my fashion police principal (who, if he wasnt married, would be rather suspect) would get me into heads of strife... not because i was out of uniform, but because its bright orange colour clashed with the bottle green jackets...oh boy...

Plus, my class is becoming increasingly immature (In a wonderful way) so all the guys would want it and all the girls would love it. But i wouldnt need to wear it to meet anyone. Theres like 500 students in the whole school (Prep-12) and only about 25 in my class. Most people there i know through my younger brothers, my own connections or just plain know of them from seeing them round.
Its a rather small bubble school : (

If build armour and went to school in it, my fashion police principal (who, if he wasnt married, would be rather suspect) would get me into heads of strife... not because i was out of uniform, but because its bright orange colour clashed with the bottle green jackets...oh boy...

Plus, my class is becoming increasingly immature (In a wonderful way) so all the guys would want it and all the girls would love it. But i wouldnt need to wear it to meet anyone. Theres like 500 students in the whole school (Prep-12) and only about 25 in my class. Most people there i know through my younger brothers, my own connections or just plain know of them from seeing them round.

See, that's the problem with small schools. I go to a rather large one (year 12 atm) and so diferent groups are formed. Thankfully there's not many real jerks (that I've noticed) that go out of their way to cause trouble (I think they all got expelled actually <_<) and what I've noticed is there are two groups of nerds:

My group, which is about even mix of girls and guys, which consists of nerds without social skills, nerds with social skills (me and my best friends) and non-nerds. We have at least two avid cosplayers, and pretty much everyone plays video games

Then there's the nerd group which is only that, and have no real social skills. There's a few small groups like this.

I'd like to point out I've dated... four(?) girls from that group and it's extensions, but for some reason it never seems to be the ones interested in the same stuff (I think I mentioned here my last girlfriend had neve watched Star Wars... and didn't like The Beatles D: ).

I've never really lived anywhere with a small number of people my age. At church (as said, I'm protestant) I think it's about 70% of people are under 50, with about 15 teenagers. So there's not really a shortage of options for me :p

My life is FAR too easy

Anime conventions are hit or miss. Never hook up with a chick at one, you'll end up with one of two kinds. 1. Really desprate and clingy, or 2. psycho. No joke, but on rare occassions you could stumble into a good convo with a chick and something will come from it. Gotta be REALLY careful though. Also, steer clear of those ones that seem to flaunt their stuff.... I've noticed most are only after nerds wallets.

Oh, right, that's the part I FORGOT to mention :p

Times like these, I'm glad I go to a large (Actually, 1700 isn't that big, but you know) school, with vehement opposition of uniforms. No one got onto me, save these two freshman idiots who keep calling me Master Chief. (And I wore ODST armor) I know the feeling about immature kids, though.

Oh dear sweet- My 11th year is almost over. I'll be a senior next year 0_0

Comic stores, music cafes, parks, everywhere. Its just do you notice that they are cool and nerdy girls.
One Night Stands are perfectly fine, as long as you don't give her your real name and number. ;P

But, all failing, try a college campus. Chock full of 'em, last time I checked out a university campus.

Oh, right, that's the part I FORGOT to mention :p

Isn't it always.

One Night Stands are perfectly fine, as long as you don't give her your real name and number. ;P

But, all failing, try a college campus. Chock full of 'em, last time I checked out a university campus.

I can say you probably will never understand the psychoness of the average fan girl. @ @ Its worst when you are in cosplay and cosplaying their fave character.

A good friend of mine and myself were walking into the game room to check out SSF4 back when it first came out. I was Twilight Roxas and he, Org Roxas, well some crazied girl ran up and smacked him in the ass with a Lexicon journal.

Immature fangirl-i-ness at its best. This is why they banned Yaoi paddles.

On another note, damn you guys are young.

I completely understand it, Hiro. Both girls I dated were uber-fangirls. Much to my constant chagrin.

And they both LOVED Kingdom Hearts (Final Fantasy 15, 16, 16.5, and 17, that is), to similar disdain on my part. Can't stand the series. Jus' sayin'.

And, I've noticed the average forum member age has gone down.
inb4 noobs

I feel really bad for you. On behalf of the female population I'll have to apologize for those select few that have become so pestiferous. Im sure after the first week it goes from cute to vexatious.

Never was a fan of FF but I have to give it to the creators, they sure know how to make me wanna cosplay the characters. Ever since I saw Cecil and Kain I've been hooked. I've got a partial base of Cecil done already.

Not that I've been here very long but I have noticed that too. Haha.
[I believe we're straying off topic again... in a good way, though.]

No one got onto me, save these two freshman idiots who keep calling me Master Chief. (And I wore ODST armor) I know the feeling about immature kids, though.
HA! I had the exact same thing happen to me, except it was more like 4 or 5 kids. I wonder what make them think that gray=Master Chief?

I haven't had any negative response to my suit, in fact most love what I'm doing. Real confidence booster.

I feel really bad for you. On behalf of the female population I'll have to apologize for those select few that have become so pestiferous. Im sure after the first week it goes from cute to vexatious.

Never was a fan of FF but I have to give it to the creators, they sure know how to make me wanna cosplay the characters. Ever since I saw Cecil and Kain I've been hooked. I've got a partial base of Cecil done already.

Indeed, indeed it was.

Personally, I'd have a lot more respect for KH if Squenix would just call it FF. They're just milking it now. The first 2 games were actually pretty good, but then the whole Sora-Roxas thing and blah blah blah.

Perhaps, perhaps.
HA! I had the exact same thing happen to me, except it was more like 4 or 5 kids. I wonder what make them think that gray=Master Chief?

I haven't had any negative response to my suit, in fact most love what I'm doing. Real confidence booster.
I know, right? Idiot freshmen.

But I feel kinda conflicted. People I know say my suit looks good, and I must have real talent to have made it, but then, I look at the creations that the members of the 405th have made, and I recognize the best parts of my suit were Sean Bradley's amazing leg pieces. Maybe I coulda done better if I hadn't done such a rush job, but I still feel like all the compliments are undeserved. Feel like I coulda done much better.

But I feel kinda conflicted. People I know say my suit looks good, and I must have real talent to have made it, but then, I look at the creations that the members of the 405th have made, and I recognize the best parts of my suit were Sean Bradley's amazing leg pieces. Maybe I coulda done better if I hadn't done such a rush job, but I still feel like all the compliments are undeserved. Feel like I coulda done much better.

Don't worry about it, if anything it's taught you to plan more accordingly and how to do it better (if you ever build another suit). I went through then same thought process, and it's just reinforced the idea for me to work harder on this suit.

Yeah, I kinda wanna build another suit, but I don't know what to do, and I can't afford it. Plus, I'm trying to get a job so I can get a car, so I don't have much time for it anyway.

I SWEAR I read that exact thing on TVTropes... though maybe everything's just blurring into a singular entity. Curse long bouts of internet boredom :S

As much of an anoyance as it is, i cant imagine trying to correct them on the charectors and suits would help the situation.
"Haha, youre mastercheif!"
"Well, actually, im dressed as an ODST marine from halo 3, odst and reach. First of all, the ODSTs arent spartans, but rather humans who ...etc."
"Oh, my mistake, carry on"

But it is true, why would someone call you lame for wearing a costume based on a 7 ft killing machine? thats just asking for an arse kicking : D

These kids are in my engineering class, though, and they're always like "hey, hey master chief" in this mocking fashion. It's like they're flakking me for being more awesome than they are.

That said, everyone else is either like "too serious" or "woah 0_0"

D: What's TVTropes?

A terrible, terrible question to ask. I'd like to thank Schizo for potentially acquiring another addict, so I don't take the blame myself.

And yes, I imagine there's a lot of people who would laugh at people spending their time making armour made from paper, based ona videogame character, but in my (very short, I admit) experience, worrying about what people think doesn't achieve anything.

You can CARE about what people think, but worrying is just silly IMO.

I managed to avoid addiction to the site :D

Anyway, I've decided, I don't need to get laid, I don't need a girlfriend, what I need is a car. A car I can pour all of my time and attention (and money) into. Not to mention, a car will let me inside >.> xDDD

Plus, when a car breaks down, it is a whole lot easier and more straightforward (Not to mention sometimes cheaper) to fix : D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back