New Halo Project At E3/strange Stuff On Bungie Site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... the worst possible thing happens just as bungie gets there fans excited.... there publisher pulls the plug.... Go back to bungie.net and see..... :mad:

"For the last several months, we've been building toward a reveal of something exciting that Bungie is working on," said Bungie's Harold Ryan in a statement posted to the developer's site. "We were looking forward to sharing that with our fan community during the week of E3. However, those plans were just changed by our publisher. We realize that many of our fans are disappointed by this turn of events; members of the Bungie team share that disappointment. When the right time comes, we look forward to sharing this exciting announcement with you. Until then, we appreciate your continued support and patience."

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres some people walking in.

OMG3.jpg

OMG4.jpg

After further inspection of these pictures, I found this:
Delays.jpg

I know, it's been said before, but this kinda confirms it.

Ehh, that's taking it a little far to say "Confirmed". Highly likely, yeah, but they still have said nothing officially.

Guys, check what I found.

On the letter, it's written that Harold Ryan is the President of Bungie while he is a studio manager.

Is there a difference?

And guys, if you check the page source, the countdown was programmed to show the text message at 12:00:00

Aww you poor thing : (

But I cant thank everyone enough for checkin for new stuff last night, there is 2 pages worth of things that happend last night and now i'm even more psyched/crazy about this whole thing lol

IGN have just put up an article in the last few mins that said this:

"E3 2008: Bungie at work on new Halo

Loose-lipped Xbox head lets slip.
by Martin Robinson, IGN UK

UK, July 16, 2008 - The ongoing saga of Bungie's no-show at this year's E3 has been given another little twist, with Microsoft's Don Mattrick confirming that the now independent developer is indeed hard at work on another instalment in the Halo series.

Speaking to MTV Multiplayer, the head of Xbox business said that the amount of content in Microsoft's conference on Monday squeezed out any news on the extension of the Halo series, and said Bungie is actively working on a new game that is neither Halo Wars nor the awaited Peter Jackson project.

The news comes off the back of heightening speculation about Bungie's presence – or lack thereof – at this year's event, which climaxed in an open letter placed on the developer's website apologising for the no-show. Meanwhile, the countdown to its heavily touted announcement - which was expected to happen at 7:07am PST on July 16 - continues, though in light of the recent news many expect the deadline to pass without fanfare, or news of a fresh Halo title."

Stoke that fire!

This is a quote from the LAST Weekly update from the 11th. Talking about things to come, and what pwoplw might do.

Things you will argue about
Things you will make angry videos about

Well.......people are arguing...

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=23530903

and.....videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=835TVlofVRQ

Everything seems like they KNEW it would happen....Remember when the countdown was still going on? Keep it clean? Expect delays? Remain calm? Either this is staged, or the delay's been planned for a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back