New Halo Reach Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well didn't Bungie say they were going to put out some new helmets and armor later in the game to keep Reach going? I remember hearing about it. So who knows, maybe the next one would be another helmet, chest, visor color, or shoulders.

Idk about this helmet. It looks like some Steampunk crap that someone put together. Before anyone says "Why do you hate Steampunk? Its so cool." Well then cool for you. Just not a big fan of the idea or looks. But to each his own.

I'll buy the helmet. But I really don't think I'll be wearing it. ODST is good enough for me.

New blog post verifies that there won't be any new armor in the Defiant pack. It also verifies that Bungie isn't entirely sure because they don't make the DLC

i just hope they release forrunner style armor. and more elite armor.
and some of the concept helmets, like these (specifically bottom right.)
ih_more+helmets01b.jpg

I've seen on the Bnet that they've busted rumors about new armor in the Defiant map pack....
And I quote:
There is no new armor coming with the Defiant Map Pack.
Link here
It's lower, a few lines into the "The Defiant Map Pack" section.

My personal opinion?
Make a contest for people to submit their ideas and concepts for helmets and add them into the game.

I'm holding my breath for a mission DLC.

What happened to Jun? or Maybe something with more outdated armor, say...the Mark IV (Halo Wars Armor). No shields, might be interesting.

I've seen on the Bnet that they've busted rumors about new armor in the Defiant map pack....
And I quote:
Link here
It's lower, a few lines into the "The Defiant Map Pack" section.

My personal opinion?
Make a contest for people to submit their ideas and concepts for helmets and add them into the game.

It might be Bungie finally getting their own armor, also it will not be released with the defiant map pack because it will be a title update, when they update the game to accept Defiant, they will also slip the new stuff in with the update. That's new armor alright, and it's going to be in reach whether we are going to get it or not

The helmet at the very beginning looks odd, at least to me

Go to the 4 minute mark to see O'Conner have a freak out moment when confronted about new armor

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the glitch where you get two people with all the same armor, except the helmet, and put one right behind the other, then kill the guy in the back, and he will fall forward, putting the two in the exact same physical space, so people can fake a picture of a non-existant helmet. They are in noobz file shares all of the time in H3.

Thats the glitch where you get two people with all the same armor, except the helmet, and put one right behind the other, then kill the guy in the back, and he will fall forward, putting the two in the exact same physical space, so people can fake a picture of a non-existant helmet. They are in noobz file shares all of the time in H3.

Ok then, if this is that case, then you can tell me what helmets that "helmet" consists of, and you can tell me how that helmet appears as playable in screenshots. If you can tell me that then I'll believe it's a glitch.

And does anyone know where the 5 person firefight started?

Its a 100% new helmet, no existing geometry in the game looks remotely close to it. They may have been testing the Helmet for a new patch as well as testing the maps at the same time, since both come out at the same time. This helmet could be anything from a 343 team specific to a new armory item which it probably is becuase they wouldnt let the picture get posted and than deny it if they Didn't want to start some excitement for the possibility of new armor. If it where 343 team specific we would have been told so right from the start. It is no doubt that a new helmet and more may be coming.

Hey just noticed somethin odd. Take a quick glance at the collar, it looks like a new chest piece as well. Over on the B.net forums, they are trying to downplay the idea that Bungie can put new armor in, this is wrong because in a Bungie interview they said they could add new armor in when they feel the community reached a milestone. So in fact, armor can be added into the game.

The helmet is apparently called FAFNIR after the Dragon in Norse Mythology, developed alongside of GUNGIR, at least that's what people are saying

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz289/xxoACEoxx/Condemned_Action-8_enlarged.jpg the image i just found, look at the chest, it's striped

Someone pointed this out too, at about 30,31 seconds when the four spartans move over the hill you can see the pilot helmet with gold visor, and if you take a look at the spartan wearing Grenadier, the visor looks like a dark gold, or maybe RED!?

ONE MORE THING! The mouthpiece and helmet base look similar to the helmet in the picture ,( i can downsize if needed)
Concept_Jun-A266.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It is probly Hazop, with the operator camera attachment, and EOD, also, if it was completely playable it wouldnt just be a picture,

Its a new helmet, if it is not released to the public it they might end up using it like RECON in H3, who knows. I agree, it is not a combo pic, plus, where is the other 3 or 4 bodies? The only thing that it looks kinda close to is the EOD, and that is just the top part. Trando has a pic of it in action, i think it would be near impossible to make a combination, while moving and shooting, and again, NO OTHER BODIES IN THE PIC.

Rumors: Busted

Brian Jarrard Says otherwise. And besides, it's not Bungie's baby, 343 Industries and certain affinity are working on the maps, Evil Otto, a Bungie employee who worked on the armory, said that he has never seen the armor in his life, which means that it is a Dev Build from the two companies not Bungie, he said they might have found a way to include armor, but it is unlikely, but the picture begs to differ.

My main question is: Why would they take the time to show off a new permutation, the pic on the OP, if they wouldn't plan on even including it? Anyone think this is strange?

https://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=56561871&postRepeater1-p=1
If anyone has the time and will, this link is the official conspiracy thread currently running on B.net forums, currently 177 pages long, has a butt-ton of info on the possible theories. I'm currently on page 72 btw.

And the name given by the Bungie community is FAFNIR, if you want a story behind it google it, it's boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back