Nex Gen Decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

axmaxwell

PLEASE ONLY REPLY IF YOU OWN A NEXGEN ALREADY

Bad Timing on my part, I just upgraded to the most recent generation of Xbox 360 last April, then I get home from deployment a month later to find out that the PS4 and Xbox One are coming out. I'm very much against upgrading to a new console. I'm 25 now, I've got a 13k gamerscore, and outside of Call of Duty, Halo, and Bethesda's titles, I don't use it. When I get home from this deployment in the fall I plan on shifting my focus to some college credits and Pepakura armor.

PS4 owners: What do you like/hate about it? (other than the fact that Halo will never be available on a Playstation)

Xbox One owners: What do you like/hate about it? (other than the fact that PS online is free)

I Have both and honestly there the same , the only thing difrent is the exclusives thats all. By the way the Ps4 is no longer free anymore ( the online i mean )

In all honesty, i never upgraded the first time. i still have a good old fashioned xbox and an N64. I do a lot of PC gaming and I really think that is the way to go. It's cheaper. <--sry I know the console vs. pc is a sore topic for some. I just can't bring myself to spend 1k in console and games only to have them 'upgrade' it in a few years. I tried the xbox one and really, i was not really that thrilled by it.

One could get into a hardware debate, but the reality is that all games are optimized to the consoles they release on.
For me, the only reason to get a PS4 would be Bungies preferential Destiny treatment on the Sony platform.
But eh, I'll never not be interested in playing Halo so XB1 it is.

I'd posit that it's almost solely about the games you wish to play, everything else is tertiary.

That's my logic..

I've been considering converting over to PC but I have a hatred of Steam. It makes it easier to play games on deployment, but once it figures out a game needs to be updated it won't let you play it until the update completes. I never even got to play Civ 5 when I got it because it would never install above 68%.

I have the PS4 right now. I enjoy it for the most part I suppose. So I'll just give a pros/cons list.

Pro's: It's at the moment $100 cheaper than the Xbox One. The controller is much better. Exclusives. With PlayStaion +, you get free games on the PS4, PS3, and Vita. You can use a standard headphone with the controller, so you don't need to buy an expensive gaming headset if you don't want to. You can swap out the standard 500 gb HDD for a larger HDD if you want.

Con's: The UI is meh, constantly blue. Not hard to navigate really, but it's not as organized as the Xbox... Battery life on the controller is not the best. PS+ is required to play multiplayer (but not to watch Netflix, Hulu, and whatever else). For me, the controller just isn't as good as the 360/XB1. Also, the controller will not always turn off on its own. You can "set it" to turn after 10 min of no use, but it usually never works for me.

Here's how you should really choose which system to get. Which one has more of your friends on it to play multiplayer with. And which controller is more comfortable in your hand? For me, the new PS4 controller is much better, but I think Xbox's controller still dominates. And of the 6-7 friends that said they were gonna make the switch from Xbox to PS4, 3 did and no one is ever on which makes for a boring time. I also think Xbox1's line up of games is just a bit stronger then PS4.

I have the XB1 and I think I will always have a console under my TV because of the environment it fosters.
My office is a place of work, reading, working out, procrastination and occasionally gaming. My lounge room is a place of relaxation where I can just sink into my couch and go to my happy place.
In response to the question though. As long as my console has media server capability then I'm good, it can play games, we've established that and whether the games are good or not; only time will tell (titanfall is looking pretty sweet though).

I've already heard terrible things about Ryse: Son of Rome. They say its basically God of war with strategy. Forza 5 is another huge flop. It has no night, no weather, no storefront, no auction house, nothing that made the previous games an envy. I love Forza 4. Have all the DLC's and make millions off of the storefront

I bought an Xbox One a couple of weeks ago. I was planning to get it for TitanFall, so the bundle was great. TitanFall is a fantastic game and not just COD with robots. I was never a big fan of COD, but love this game. I got the One first for the exclusives its going to get, like Halo, but I plan on getting a PS4 in the fall for Destiny. All my friends are getting for PS4 and it will be getting exclusive content. I LOVE the XB1 controller. It is so very comfortable. The voice commands with the Kinect are actually really nice and I like them a lot, even if I don't like that I had to shell out another $100 just to have it. The headset it comes with is very nice and has great sound for a starter. Microsoft now does Games with Gold, so with either service you get a free game every month with their paid service. Overall I'm really happy with the system. I think I saw it at walmart recently for $470. Hope this helps!

I also just received my Xbox One just recently. None of the launch games for the One really interested me. I basically got mine because of deals that are happening on the internet. I know Walmart and Best Buy were having deals on Xbox One bundles for $449.99(not including tax and shipping). Some of the bundles came with Titanfall, Forza 5 and other assorted games. I'm not sure those stores are having those deals or not. But I know that the Microsoft online store is still having the deal for Titanfall anyway.

Here is the deal.

But yeah, I basically bought one now to ready myself for Destiny. Considering that I don't think there will be a price drop for any console this year before Destiny, buying one now with this bundle seemed to make sense to me. I saved myself some money.

Right now I have Titanfall and Tomb Raider. I'm really glued to Tomb Raider right now. It's so legit.

I have the Xbox One, and I've gotta say that I'm really enjoying it right now, plus there was a recent price slash in the UK, it's something like £350 with Titanfall, which is an amazing deal considering I paid £430 six months ago! This makes the price on the UK pretty much the same for both consoles. Seeing as the next halo title will be only for the One, it was a no-brainer. P.S. For al you Americans complaining about the price of either console, in the UK the original price of the PS4 was $590, and the Xbox One was $720. Yeah. We get shafted over the pond

If you are looking into which next-gen console to get, like stated before, it all comes down to the exclusive titles. I have the Xbox One and I love it so far, although it feels more like a dumbed-down pc with win 8 on it instead of a gaming console. A huge reason I bought it was for the Halo and Titanfall titles (again it came down to exclusives) and not to mention all my friends are on Xbox Live. I feel that, while the PS4 is strictly a gaming machine and the Xbox One is more of a multimedia all-in-one type machine, it's hard to compare the two because they are essentially two completely different machines. For example, everyone always compares the hardware specs between the two but in reality, the Xbox offers so much more. Yeah the PS4 runs 1080 natively, but so what? If I want astounding graphics, I'll play on my PC.

Anyways to wrap things up, Go with the console with the better exclusive games (Xbox ;)) haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back