Noble Spartan(mod's/add-on's begin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
THORN!!!!!!!

Good to see that you're back. Missed you!!! LOL! :p

*raises hand* me too! lol

Thank you guys. I can feel the Love from here... And it feels good:D

Ok this is going to be a BIG update so I'm going to do a double post. On this one it will be just the thigh straps. Then I will post the M6 THORN custom a foam board build. On the second post so that I can fit as many pic's as I can

The thigh straps are the finishing touch to the side pouch. To add them in I had to burn the 4 holes in the front and 4 in the back to match the ref. pic. Then I marked my holes and drilled out the thighs. From there I just added some Chicago screws and washers to attach them. So here are the 2 basic pic's to show them to you.

Side note: the straps came with the pouch.

th_IMAG1009.jpgth_IMAG1010.jpg

So there you have it and now I will be posting the side arm pic's in the next post so this will take a few min's to write it up and load the pic's. see you in a bit.

The link to were I got the idea for pouch -->http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/33006-Jun-Armor-WEP-(WIP-PIC-HEAVY)/page4 Thank you again Kroforce. ( there's a privet funny here some where);)

Direct link -->http://combatgearing.com/utility-dr...-p-5038.html?zenid=hu4e4ct5ck3sj1jmusome3tgu5(out of stock right now but you can try later)

th_IMAG1009.jpg

th_IMAG1010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
M6 THORN custom

This is a foam board build using the sliced m6 pep file as reference. At the time of this build I did not have internet so I had to do it all from memory. I don't know what the in game Cal. is but this one is just shy of a 50cal. :D (sorry I like to think big)

How I did it.

First I glued all the sliced parts together to get a shape and traced it out on paper. Then I added a larger slide and hand guard. From there I added the lower rail and the wrap around grip. Then I traced it all to the foam board.

Once I removed all foam using a small hand saw and a rasp I was ready to start carving. To carve it I used micro files and sand paper from 100-400 grit. I used white glue to harden the small detail areas so as to not chip the foam and slowly sanded those details in.

In the next stage I added card stock to make the combat sights, trigger, hammer, combat safety and slid release. (combat safety is the size and/or placement of said safety to make it faster on the draw to fire.)

Now comes the biggest part of a foam board build. I sealed every thing with 2 coats Polycrylic. This is a water based finish and will not eat the foam board.
Now you spray on the primer filler to smooth out all the pits and/or chips and wet sand using 400 grit sand paper.

This was a low budget build so I used 15 coats of Polycrylic to harden it, and it will be cast at a later date.

With the base all smooth I added all the screws, laser sight and the barrel.

Paint:
2 coats Silver
jelly for the distressed areas
2 coats Black
remove jelly
sand wear on edges.
Black wash ( for ageing silver)
Gray wash ( for ageing black)
2 coats clear coat
2 coats mats finish

And now the Pic's. ( I can not fit them all here so just a few of each.)

th_IMAG0928.jpgth_IMG_3134.jpgth_IMAG0926.jpgth_IMAG0935.jpgth_IMAG0933.jpgth_IMAG0936.jpgth_IMAG0939.jpgth_IMAG0953.jpgth_IMAG0950.jpgth_IMAG0951.jpgth_IMAG0956.jpgth_IMAG0988.jpgth_IMAG0990.jpgth_IMAG0976.jpg

And there you have it the M6 THORN custom side arm.

Tell me what you think.

th_IMAG0928.jpg

th_IMG_3134.jpg

th_IMAG0926.jpg

th_IMAG0935.jpg

th_IMAG0933.jpg

th_IMAG0936.jpg

th_IMAG0939.jpg

th_IMAG0953.jpg

th_IMAG0950.jpg

th_IMAG0951.jpg

th_IMAG0956.jpg

th_IMAG0988.jpg

th_IMAG0990.jpg

th_IMAG0976.jpg

That looks awesome! What did you seal the foam with?
Thank you, Macattack64
As to the sealant.....Polycrylic. It's water based, low odor, drys clear/fast, and cleans up with soap and water. I'm using the "Minwax" brand that I picked up at the local hardware.
Very gorgeous piece of art you have there Thorn :cool
Thank you kindly, Xarmymustang. I'm glade you enjoyed it. :D

Till Next time.

Don't let your dreams fade away...
Build something....
And remember them Forever.
And as always, Please feel free to leave any and all input, comments, criticisms, and/or suggestions. Or You're just stopping in to say High. Please do For they are all most welcomed and appreciated. (they also keep me from triple posting.) Thanks for watching my build. and remember..... Your Dreams are always within REACH. ;)

Great looking job on both the pouch and pistol. You never disappoint. I love the paint and detail on the pistol.

Great looking job on both the pouch and pistol. You never disappoint. I love the paint and detail on the pistol.
Thank you, Spartan_127
I'm loving what you've done with you're son's armor as well. And I can't wait till you start you're armor that will be one of the most up and coming builds or the year to watch.:cool
Everything looks so good! I'm extremely jealous of your talent.
Thank you kindly, vidofnir234.
My work is nothing to be jealous of. It just shows the base line of what can be done if you take you're time, and/or what happens when you don't.
I just have some talent in the paint department, added to the fact that us Marines are known to be able to spit-shine a turd.;)
All that said you're work seems to be getting better with each piece you do, and I'm looking forward to seeing more. :cool

And the vid to show it off. :cool

Thank you, Spartan_127
I'm loving what you've done with you're son's armor as well. And I can't wait till you start you're armor that will be one of the most up and coming builds or the year to watch.:cool

You're too kind, Thorn. Thanks. I'm working out the plan of attack for mine now.

You're too kind, Thorn. Thanks. I'm working out the plan of attack for mine now.
with those files and you're skill. Yes sir there is no doubt that you are going to take the Reach build to a new level. :cool
looooooooovvveeeeee the AR vid...lol got me all pumped up :D
looks amazing thorn
Thank you hyundai2806, I use the music to add emotion to the slides. As to how it turned out. It works. That was my first foam board build so I learned allot with it. And you're comment has got me all pumped up as well. Thank you for the kind words. :D

Well being I really can not do much more to improve this build, it is time to call it done.
From here on out all pic's will be of con's and/or fun stuff out and about.

So this means #1 full body armor costume now is checked off my list of thing's I want to do. So next is a MECH. Gundam will do nicely.
So I will be gearing up for the
MS-18E Kampfer
th_417644_357851830899981_1378013066_n.jpg
I will start the build page (here on the 405th)once I have the something to show. Unlike the Noble 6 build I have allot of ref pic's before I even start so with everything I learned here and that it will be bigger and better. The files are being done by "Jakkrit Sri-in from Alien Technology group." I will also be doing allot of scratch building on it. It will be a pep, fiberglass, plastic, EVA, craft foam, foam board(Styrofoam), wood, with all the nut's and bolts thrown in type build. I know it's not a Halo type build, but with any luck a few of you will come watch.

Till the Next build.

Build something....

Please feel free to leave any comments and/or suggestions. Or if You're just stopping in to say High. Please do For they are all most welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for all the fun on this build, and remember.....
Your Dreams are always within REACH. ;)

th_417644_357851830899981_1378013066_n.jpg

That is going to be a sick build thorn. I cant wait to see your awesome skills put to the test on this one.
Hey also can you pm the video of your AR, i cant veiw it for some reason. Thanks, and cant wait to see more from you!

Unless I am missing or not seeing a pic do we not get to see you all suited up in the finished article or do we have to wait until a con/fun shoot? You should defiantly be on the finish suits thread.
I for one want to see you in your awesome armour :)

Tom.

P.s. love the pistol. Some how I missed it 0_o

That is going to be a sick build thorn. I cant wait to see your awesome skills put to the test on this one.
Hey also can you pm the video of your AR, i cant veiw it for some reason. Thanks, and cant wait to see more from you!
Thank you Mstruvmgc.
As to the vid if you type "thorn696" in YouTube you should see all 3 vid's if not send a e-mail via pm and I will send you the file. My vid's are just slideshows done up with allot of photos. Sorta like seeing all the updates at once, Nothing more than that. :cool
Unless I am missing or not seeing a pic do we not get to see you all suited up in the finished article or do we have to wait until a con/fun shoot? You should defiantly be on the finish suits thread.
I for one want to see you in your awesome armour :)

Tom.

P.s. love the pistol. Some how I missed it 0_o
Thank you Tom .
I'm hoping to do a photo shoot at the end of this month and I will post all of those.

As to the finished suit thread, My Youmacon pic has been up there since last year. I will update it when I get a better pic. Really Good pic's of this armor have proven to hard for me, do to the camie paint and how it reflects light. I will have a friend who is a pro wedding photographer take the pic's outside at a park near us. This should give us a great set of pic's

On a side note: Youmacon is in the first weekend of Nov so I'm also hoping to get some pic's with other spartan's/halo fan's to liven this up a bit. :cool

Great stuff Vern. I am really looking forward to the Mech build. It's good to have you back aboard my friend!:D

I'm hoping to do a photo shoot at the end of this month and I will post all of those.

As to the finished suit thread, My Youmacon pic has been up there since last year. I will update it when I get a better pic. Really Good pic's of this armor have proven to hard for me, do to the camie paint and how it reflects light. I will have a friend who is a pro wedding photographer take the pic's outside at a park near us. This should give us a great set of pic's

On a side note: Youmacon is in the first weekend of Nov so I'm also hoping to get some pic's with other spartan's/halo fan's to liven this up a bit. :cool

Can't wait to see your updated pics. . . . . . . You haven't posted them yet. . . . . . . . Well what are you waiting on. . . . . . . LOL Just kidding. Really do want to see some though.

Great stuff Vern. I am really looking forward to the Mech build. It's good to have you back aboard my friend!:D
Thank you Vshore100. That new build should be fun for all of us.:D
Can't wait to see your updated pics. . . . . . . You haven't posted them yet. . . . . . . . Well what are you waiting on. . . . . . . LOL Just kidding. Really do want to see some though.

Wait for it......;) I'm hoping to suit up sometime soon. I just didn't want to push the arm/back just yet. You see, silly me put the chest plate up on the shelf (over my head) so getting it down will take allot. Just getting back to work has been a little wearing, But I'm getting stronger every day. I'm at 80% about now, another week should do it.:cool

Then I'll get my lovely wife to take a few pic's

On a side note: I'm hoping to get the last 2 pieces soon too. Yes I'm going to break down and get some spandex pants and shirt...Or something close. I just need to get to a sporting goods store. :D

Build something....

Please feel free to leave any comments and/or suggestions. Or if You're just stopping in to say High. Please do For they are all most welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for all the fun on this build, and remember.....
Your Dreams are always within REACH. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back