Noble Spartan(mod's/add-on's begin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"C" form? This teacher still gives it an "A" LOL. Seems like you and I have similar ideas of taking all the lessons learned and applying them to another build. Given how well this one has turned out I will be looking forward to seeing how you improve. For me I decided to work off a body dummy. My goal for the new suit is to have it fit me like a glove. I want give it the look of having been custom built for my body just like they would have done for each spartan. Women love a man in a fine tailored suit :)

"C" form? This teacher still gives it an "A" LOL. Seems like you and I have similar ideas of taking all the lessons learned and applying them to another build. Given how well this one has turned out I will be looking forward to seeing how you improve. For me I decided to work off a body dummy. My goal for the new suit is to have it fit me like a glove. I want give it the look of having been custom built for my body just like they would have done for each spartan. Women love a man in a fine tailored suit :)

Well thank you Teach/Starvinartist,
I'm looking forward to seeing that build, let me know when you start it Please.

As to my new build, it's in modeling right now. I will not be starting that till after the new year, But I will show the basic look.

MS-18E Kampfer
th_417644_357851830899981_1378013066_n.jpg

Now the question is it ok to do that build on this forum? I know everyone else dose "other then Halo builds"... but is OK? so we'll see. If I do it some were else I'll still post a finished pic to my friends here.:cool

One other question. For the life of me, I can't seem to remember how to change out the main title. Did they change that? I wanted to change it to "Noble Spartan (finished)" But I don't seem to be able to. Any help would be great.:confused

th_417644_357851830899981_1378013066_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now the question is it ok to do that build on this forum? I know everyone else dose "other then Halo builds"... but is OK? so we'll see. If I do it some were else I'll still post a finished pic to my friends here.:cool

Personally, I'd like to see you document your progress here on the 405th, Halo-related or not.

I don't want to detract from you thread but want to see if you agree: I believe a separate sub-forum for non-Halo builds/assets should be created as a way to maintain the primary Halo focus of the site. I think that non-Halo builds should be part of this forum because I think the work-ethic and talent of 405th members, like yourself thorn696, is unique and I'd hate to miss out on projects made by 405th members just because they're not Halo related. I might post this in that currently running fixes thread so Spase and Ruze789 might consider it more (I think others have suggested it in the past). I'd love to hear your thoughts.

One other question. For the life of me, I can't seem to remember how to change out the main title. Did they change that? I wanted to change it to "Noble Spartan (finished)" But I don't seem to be able to. Any help would be great.:confused

The title field can be revised after going to an advanced edit of the first post.

Personally, I'd like to see you document your progress here on the 405th, Halo-related or not.

I don't want to detract from you thread but want to see if you agree: I believe a separate sub-forum for non-Halo builds/assets should be created as a way to maintain the primary Halo focus of the site. I think that non-Halo builds should be part of this forum because I think the work-ethic and talent of 405th members, like yourself thorn696, is unique and I'd hate to miss out on projects made by 405th members just because they're not Halo related. I might post this in that currently running fixes thread so Spase and Ruze789 might consider it more (I think others have suggested it in the past). I'd love to hear your thoughts.

The title field can be revised after going to an advanced edit of the first post.

Yes, I like the Idea. And I seen you're post in the other thread, It would be nice to stay here. :cool
As for the second part. Yes that's what I thought, But I don't have that option. All well. Thank you anyways.

OK Time for some Halo related post.

Painted and installed side pouch and painted underarmor to match foam.:D

th_IMG_3113.jpgth_IMG_3105.jpgth_IMG_3115.jpgth_IMG_3123.jpgth_IMG_3122.jpgth_IMG_3119.jpgth_IMG_3106.jpg

th_IMG_3117.jpgth_IMG_3112.jpgth_IMG_3110.jpgth_IMG_3116.jpg

Till Next time.

Don't let your dreams fade away...
Build something....
And remember them Forever.
And as always, Please feel free to leave any and all input, comments, criticisms, and/or suggestions. Or You're just stopping in to say High. Please do For they are all most welcomed and appreciated. (they also keep me from triple posting.) Thanks for watching my build. and remember..... Your Dreams are always within REACH. ;)

th_IMG_3113.jpg

th_IMG_3105.jpg

th_IMG_3115.jpg

th_IMG_3123.jpg

th_IMG_3122.jpg

th_IMG_3119.jpg

th_IMG_3106.jpg

th_IMG_3117.jpg

th_IMG_3112.jpg

th_IMG_3110.jpg

th_IMG_3116.jpg

Everytime you post pictures, things get more and more awesome!

Question: Back on page 52, was that a PGP on your thigh, and if so, is it just held on with magnets? That's some impressive hold, if that's the case! :)

This is looking so good dude. I love the fact that you are still working at it and the build hasn't gathered dust in the corner waiting for some love. It's so easy to start such a lengthy project and get side track before its done or bored.
SOOOO cannot wait till this is complete and glad I know that there will be a new build to come from you.

Keep up the good work,
Tom.

Pouch look great thorn!
Love the paint work, blends in without a hitch ;)

Well done Picasso!

Dave.
Thank you Dave,
All I have left is the clear coat now.:cool

Loving you're Vid's by the way, I even linked them from my build.
I agree with Dave, great work! Keep being a bad @$$...lol.

Tony
Thank you Tony.:D
Everytime you post pictures, things get more and more awesome!

Question: Back on page 52, was that a PGP on your thigh, and if so, is it just held on with magnets? That's some impressive hold, if that's the case! :)
Thank you Antidromic,
And why yeas, Yes it is a PGP. I made a mod speed draw holster for the 2 of them, and ran a bolt thru the feeding tube. Being a metal weapon I wanted no doubt that it couldn't be drawn at a con. I did show the speed holster in the build, but if you need more info just Msg. me.:cool
This is looking so good dude. I love the fact that you are still working at it and the build hasn't gathered dust in the corner waiting for some love. It's so easy to start such a lengthy project and get side track before its done or bored.
SOOOO cannot wait till this is complete and glad I know that there will be a new build to come from you.

Keep up the good work,
Tom.
Thank you Tom,
I personally can't wait till Youmacon in NOV. to show it off to the public again. It's pretty much done, I just have a few really small things to do yet. And those really wont change the look much. :D
Man thorn your paintwork never disapoints, i love it :)
Thank you Mstruvmgc,
It's all about the paint to me so that means allot, I'm glade I haven't lost my touch over the years. :D
Awesome Job! Love how you matched everything on the paint.
Thank you Spartan_127,
You're build for you're son is really starting to take on a life of it's own, The paint just makes it even more awesome. :cool

And thank you to all others whom have fallowing this build over the last year and a half. Without you to keep me going when it started getting hard it would never have made it this far.

This build is for the most part Complete. The last few thing are for the most part touch up. I will post pic's of Con's as I do them. I will also be around to answer question and/or help others should you need it.

Side note: I will be post the new build on this forum, in the new Non-Halo section when I start it:D

Don't be afraid to Dream.
Because it's our Dreams
That show Us what Life could Be.
If we only Believe in Them.

*************************:(My cable will be off for the next 30-60 days or till I'm back to work, do to injury:( *************************

The pack looks great thorn. It's as though it's been there from day one. :D

thhoooooorrrrrrrnnnnnnnn!!!!!!! great great work ive been keeping up with your work i just barely got enough connection to view all your pictures lol
sad i know, we're runnin off of a sat-con, ha wireless wireless if you may XD
thats what i get for bein at the border of mexico in texas, illegals are gettin pretty bad down here ive had to double my units at all the oilfield camps
ANYWAYS!!!!!
its looking great i just barely finished the dual layer visor on my JFO which i'll be having to work on the lower piece of the second layer again, it was hell finding blue chrome tint for the damn thing, but all in all its removeable and it looks decent enough for my first helmet ever, still have some cosmetic pieces to paint and attach but its coming along, been trying to just knock out the chest piece for now
but i had a question,

i know you used plastidip for your undersuit pieces i was looking at the site(though ive never heard of plastidip before haha) and i saw the super grip spray on i wasnt sure if you've used it or not, or if youve got a suggestion to which compounds to use for an underarmor

we've got very limited supplies and san antonio is about 3 hours from here and workin 6 days a week for 14 hours a piece makes it hell to take a trip anywhere, plus being on call anytime im home in case of incidents.
but at our walmart i found that spray on rubber coating i dunno if maybe it would be a good choice to go with??
you may not have used it before but you seem to dabble in alot of the different materials, just lookin for suggestions.

on top of the inquiry and my rambling you've done an outstanding job its come along real well
congrat ;)

halo3trailer_4-1.gif

Attachments

• halo3trailer_4-1.gif
    halo3trailer_4-1.gif
    574.6 KB · Views: 177
Looks really well done :) I hope mine can come close to your awesome quality :) Keep it up :)
Thank you sir.
The pack looks great thorn. It's as though it's been there from day one. :D
Thank you Vshore, I'll post the newest pic's in a day or so.
very goooooooood
Fungif_28.gif
:D Thanks
The pouches and paint look great. Really ties the whole suit together well.
Thank you, Starvingartist, coming from you that means allot.
thhoooooorrrrrrrnnnnnnnn!!!!!!! great great work ive been keeping up with your work i just barely got enough connection to view all your pictures lol
sad i know, we're runnin off of a sat-con, ha wireless wireless if you may XD
thats what i get for bein at the border of mexico in texas, illegals are gettin pretty bad down here ive had to double my units at all the oilfield camps
ANYWAYS!!!!!
its looking great i just barely finished the dual layer visor on my JFO which i'll be having to work on the lower piece of the second layer again, it was hell finding blue chrome tint for the damn thing, but all in all its removeable and it looks decent enough for my first helmet ever, still have some cosmetic pieces to paint and attach but its coming along, been trying to just knock out the chest piece for now
but i had a question,

i know you used plastidip for your undersuit pieces i was looking at the site(though ive never heard of plastidip before haha) and i saw the super grip spray on i wasnt sure if you've used it or not, or if youve got a suggestion to which compounds to use for an underarmor

we've got very limited supplies and san antonio is about 3 hours from here and workin 6 days a week for 14 hours a piece makes it hell to take a trip anywhere, plus being on call anytime im home in case of incidents.
but at our walmart i found that spray on rubber coating i dunno if maybe it would be a good choice to go with??
you may not have used it before but you seem to dabble in alot of the different materials, just lookin for suggestions.

on top of the inquiry and my rambling you've done an outstanding job its come along real well
congrat ;)

halo3trailer_4-1.gif
plastidip is a Latex brush/spray on rubber so any Latex should work as a sealant. Just do a test piece first.

Attachments

• Fungif_28.gif
    Fungif_28.gif
    497.3 KB · Views: 173
  • halo3trailer_4-1.gif
    halo3trailer_4-1.gif
    574.6 KB · Views: 169
Depending on what my schedule looks like. I may have to make a trip out to Youmacon. I know that the other Spartans in Chicago went last year and they may be going again this year.

Depending on what my schedule looks like. I may have to make a trip out to Youmacon. I know that the other Spartans in Chicago went last year and they may be going again this year.
Wow that would be cool to meet you.

OK to everyone else......I'M back and I'll be posting pic's very soon.:cool

the newest pic's will be the leg straps and the M6 foam build so stay toon'd ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back