Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your progress so far, especially the helmet and the chestpiece. I just have to quick questions: What did you use to seal the foam because i am using PlastiDip and on my old pieces it was looking kinda bad (maybe because i just used one coat of PlastiDip) and how did you manage to get that ODST visor so well done, because after i finished my Scout Helmet from Reach i maybe want to start building an ODST helmet as some sort of alternative helmet but i have no idea how to do that visor so any help or advice would be very apreciated.

For the PlastiDip, yes, you’re going to need multiple coats. As for the visor, I got it from Etsy.com by a user that goes by the name of SeanBradleyStudio. But be warned, the visor may be functional, but 6” tall an 13” across. So some modifications is required. The visor didn’t completely fit my helmet space. And can see through light or semi-light areas. But they are worth it.

Biceps and shoulders are done. ^^
Off to do the thighs.

B258D593-6E54-4253-9B50-4D5A04FB9EA2.jpeg
C24DD9FF-269C-4195-978C-B9F187357180.jpeg

Thighs are done. ^^
93AB9B1C-4BEB-4336-8A90-089B0B7ED27F.jpeg

As you can see, I had to make some modifications so I can get a perfect fit. They fit good before, but when I began to sit, I felt the foam tightening; and that’s bad. It could snap and break. So I did this as an alternative. It resides within the backside of body.
F68B2EC6-9FDD-45E6-AF96-5094503D0405.jpeg

I’m holding off a bit due to me working on another project for a friend, but when that is finished, you’ll expect me here working on this. :)

Having some....complications with the other suite....as well as life. So right now, I’ll be finishing this. Knees are almost built. But I’m catching something, probably a cold. Hopefully I will be done before new years. ^^

The shins look awesome ACBrotherhood, you might want to dial back on the DAP Kwikseal though. That stuff is great for fixing and filling seams but as an all over sealer it'll make painting and finishing a chore. For the most part EVA will be smooth enough to fool the eye into thinking that it's metal plate from 5-10 feet away, when you add surface contours through brush/tool marks with a sealer and then paint it'll start to remind folks that you're not necessarily in indestructible space badass armour. Mud, dirt and heavy weathering though and these will look pretty rad.

The shins look awesome ACBrotherhood, you might want to dial back on the DAP Kwikseal though. That stuff is great for fixing and filling seams but as an all over sealer it'll make painting and finishing a chore. For the most part EVA will be smooth enough to fool the eye into thinking that it's metal plate from 5-10 feet away, when you add surface contours through brush/tool marks with a sealer and then paint it'll start to remind folks that you're not necessarily in indestructible space badass armour. Mud, dirt and heavy weathering though and these will look pretty rad.

I understand, and it’s always my intention on making this thing look like it’s been through hell. I never like the crisp and clean look, I always found it too...for lack of a better term, inexperienced.

Got some work done on the knees, had them rivited in the pants, will post pics when I can and explain in further detail. A little difficult on the phone.

Last edited:
Here is the pic of the rivited knees and unpainted shins.

70F35E8C-1C54-48C8-BD9F-4F093ADEB19F.jpeg

And here’s them with the base coat.
32142303-F404-4164-945E-F42863EDDBE9.jpeg

Going to have them highlighted once I get a paintbrush and find the clear-coat.

Okay, so the rivets didn’t work since it took part of the piece with it. So I’m sticking with Velcro. Always remember the basics.

Also working on a jetpack. Gonna have that thing modified from its original file to make it attach to the torso and become a semi backpack at cons. Going to attach it with a lot magnets though, Velcro would just tear it up because it’s hard to separate when standing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back