Status
Not open for further replies.
The back and torso are almost done. Just gotta weather it and clear coat it. ^^
1F067021-9ACB-42FB-A458-E022A0408379.jpeg
E83AC36A-8951-4D59-9AB6-D7D2E5308636.jpeg

As for the knee pads and thigh plate, because that's been slipping as well, I cement-glued some velcro that I got from Home Depot and plastered on while wearing the pants. Granted, this is not the safest thing to do, but the pants were SO thick that I assumed it was reasonable to do so.

Awesome looking backpack man :eek: love the wings.

And may i ask how you made it so easily removable? Might be handy for future reference with a backpack

Awesome looking backpack man :eek: love the wings.

And may i ask how you made it so easily removable? Might be handy for future reference with a backpack

Easy. Very VERY strong magnets. Though I still need to find a way to keep them attached. Manly because at one of my cons, I bumped into someone and the thing fell off. That’s not a big deal, but the magnets de-glued as well. So now I have to make sure to REALLY glue it to where it’s supposed to be. I could cement glue some Velcro to the bottom of the magnet, attach it to opposite Velcro on the body, and cement glue it that way.........I think I’ll try that since I JUST thought of that.

Another way you could go is to imbed the magnet in to the foam so its flush and then take some felt and glue that on to of the magnet and about 1/2 an inch or so beyond. This will get more surface adhesion that if you did the magnet alone.

Hey otsderpy on your forearm pieces did you make the sides and back out of separate pieces beveled together or keep them 1 piece like the pep templates?

Hey otsderpy on your forearm pieces did you make the sides and back out of separate pieces beveled together or keep them 1 piece like the pep templates?

They were separate pieces. I just cut them at an angle and glued them together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back