ODST MK III; “Halo 2 Anniversary”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really glad I made this plaster torso. It does a lot of good.

F18D3A7B-70D5-4790-8BD2-6322FB0E9FF8.jpeg

OTSDerpy...the x-mas ODST? I like how things are shaping up, what thickness of foam are you using?
Wow. Plaster torso. Did you have a shirt on when you plastered yourself or, use a metric tonne of Vaseline?

Not necessarily, it took maybe 2 small cups. One for each side. As for the plaster bandages, maybe 4 rolls at the most from Hobby Lobby. Though, great thorough shower is needed at the end.

Not necessarily, it took maybe 2 small cups. One for each side. As for the plaster bandages, maybe 4 rolls at the most from Hobby Lobby. Though, great thorough shower is needed at the end.

Oh great....another unusual way of getting a body waxing........Guys, there is no reason to hide or mask this.....Manscaping is an acceptable practice. Get in touch w/ your local spa and make an appointment. The build is looking good so far. Keep up the great work OTSDerpy!!

OTSDerpy, I apologise for not seeing this thread sooner! I feel like a right idiot.

I commissioned AbiSV to construct the 3D model of the H2A ODST armor - I've had the unfolds ready to upload to the armory archive, but I've developed terrible memory in the past few years and I just keep forgetting to put them up on the site.

The Dropbox link is below, and contains (mostly) all of the unfolded files you'll need. The shinguard is not unfolded, and while the helmet is, I've not yet uploaded it to this folder. I'll attempt to upload it as soon as I'm home, however, the 3D file for the helmet is included if you wish to print it, and vacuuform the visor.

I hope this helps expedite your build!! Really sorry I didn't see it sooner :(

Halo 2: Anniversary - ODST Urban Warfare Uniform

OTSDerpy, I apologise for not seeing this thread sooner! I feel like a right idiot.

I commissioned AbiSV to construct the 3D model of the H2A ODST armor - I've had the unfolds ready to upload to the armory archive, but I've developed terrible memory in the past few years and I just keep forgetting to put them up on the site.

The Dropbox link is below, and contains (mostly) all of the unfolded files you'll need. The shinguard is not unfolded, and while the helmet is, I've not yet uploaded it to this folder. I'll attempt to upload it as soon as I'm home, however, the 3D file for the helmet is included if you wish to print it, and vacuuform the visor.

I hope this helps expedite your build!! Really sorry I didn't see it sooner :(

Halo 2: Anniversary - ODST Urban Warfare Uniform

Wow....this will multiply my progress by "x10." And these files are VERY detailed. Never tried Vacume forming. I'll try that for the visor when I get to it, but as for the files, yeah, having it be in the 405th "Armory" wouldn't be a bad decision. Thank you so much for this.

Wow....this will multiply my progress by "x10." And these files are VERY detailed. Never tried Vacume forming. I'll try that for the visor when I get to it, but as for the files, yeah, having it be in the 405th "Armory" wouldn't be a bad decision. Thank you so much for this.

No problem at all! The files are referenced from every single image asset of the ODSTs - both ingame, and rendered by Blur.. so they had to be very highly detailed. Didn't want to skimp out on anything, at all!

Once myself or someone else unfolds the shinguard, that would have it be eligible to be uploaded - I wouldn't feel right about having unfinished files up for people to download. The helmet unfold is up in that Dropbox now, so anyone with that link should now have access!

I've also chucked some reference renders up in the thread, and in the folder. Can't wait to see how your progress quickens!

abimael-salazar-4.jpgabimael-salazar-5.jpgabimael-salazar-1.jpgabimael-salazar-2.jpg

Now I know it’s been a while since I’ve actually posted anything, but I have a really good reason about that....
B1F58271-C178-4BF8-82B7-E08DA2572AF5.jpeg FB0840D1-1F9F-4689-9CAA-2BA2875B392F.png

These things have very very very intricate detail. So here’s what I’m thinking:
The back piece will be separated into 2 half’s, left and right, and then the center triangle piece will be another attachment to the back. The top part will have around two Velcro straps to hold it in place while the bottom part will hold many many more for added security. The triangle piece will also be Velcrod onto the back because of it having a thin piece of the front of the part. I will add a knife and a sheath when the Velcro fitting is done.
2FD00B92-0DBF-44F7-A46A-1CF0E76EBBDF.jpeg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

The chest piece it was a little tricky considering that it held the most intricate part of it all.So I might have to divide this into 2 by horizontally. Maybe 3 parts, with the center ab pieces, if it doesn’t fit the tote.
B1618BD4-0E0A-4DB5-869B-0EB8C8401F3B.jpeg image.jpg image.jpg

Not sure what I’m gonna do with the collar, either fully attached to the backside because it covers the most surface area, or attach it to the front to help sturdy most of the fragile pieces. I’m not entirely sure. Maybe I’ll have more time to think on it when I’m done with the center ab pieces.
FB0840D1-1F9F-4689-9CAA-2BA2875B392F.png

But this is what I got so far from the files. This process would’ve taken me a lot longer if I didn’t have those. Thanks again for sharing them with me.

Last edited:
Okay, so I did a bit more work on the torso. Added Velcro on all the important segments.
3AEE7863-124F-476A-A6DB-156EBA898FA7.jpeg A6CA2F41-8A74-4780-9704-185C1813E0E0.jpeg 325E2447-23C7-455F-BA97-A5EC9C719172.jpeg 92B9B400-FD0F-4181-8EC1-1DDB794DFB5F.jpeg

And by that time, I was able to Velcro the top hinges where they meet.
E494D809-DF7F-4A17-81C0-8A7F5831C063.jpeg

And after SO MUCH WORK....
AC1317F4-177C-4E4B-9F52-0C16826741AE.jpeg D84E8483-6FD9-467E-A222-B42975952412.jpeg

The shoulders seemed oversized.

BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD!

So the size is perfect! It’s just the shoulder straps that seems to spread outward for some reason. Because this took so much time. I’m gonna have to now focus on the shoulder/Shin/Knee straps. And work on the torso when I have a bit more time.

Of course. I’m trying to save space for my tote, plus I’m trying to do a challenge on seeing if I can compact this. I got the Inspiration from this:
I thought you would have said you took inspiration from when he tugs on his drawstrings and the jacket turns into his suit XD

This is looking great!

So I managed to finish the “Building” of the torso and figured out that I had to LIFT UP the torso piece a bit more to have it sit correctly.
9E90B6F0-C5A1-498C-B978-1F55C799596B.jpeg 4B34381F-C2D1-4FAE-A85F-A688E3E9E24B.jpeg

Here it is on the torso.
0A6877A1-A1A5-4CA4-8DC1-F34507359176.jpeg AF76805A-AAC0-4B00-8EAC-ECD00EA0D756.jpeg 846F7F66-F53D-455C-AAFE-8A78A81647A1.jpeg

It could be a bit smaller, still needs to be strapped in order for a more comferted feel. More likely I might need to add some padding and I’m not sure how it will effect the shoulders I made, due to the upper torso being a bit stiff. But now I can FINALLY work on the strapping on the shoulders and shins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back