ODST MK III; “Halo 2 Anniversary”

Frozensnot

Well-Known Member
I've always liked the look of the Halo 2 ODST's. Glad to see you're taking on a project like this. It's coming along very nicely!
 

OTSDerpy

Member
So the helmet has been clear coated in Matt spray paint. And I moved onto the back and plasti-dipped it, but the results have been...bubbly.
FE56D227-62C9-439C-AD65-0477B3E890F2.jpeg CB27DAAB-9BF9-43A4-B7F2-2DB6228D5512.jpeg

Any idea how to fix this without redoing the entire back?
 

OTSDerpy

Member
ALRIGHT!!!! I HAD ENOUGH OF THIS WAITING!! LET’s GET BACK TO WORK!!! So a few things:

Got the back pieces painted in the dark grey Matt spray paint, so I’ll let them dry. Tried getting the visor on with some superglue, but that didn’t work...
image.jpg

Apparently it just messed up with some of the chemicals in the yellow coating and made it all slippery, melt, and dried a LOT slower. So I tried it again with some hot glue and BINGO-BANGO-BONGO it worked: dried faster, less slippage, yeah the heat might make it more rigid, but the superglue was a PAIN to use on this. Gonna try it. Wish me luck.
 

OTSDerpy

Member
Glued it...and...
image.jpg

I think it looks beautiful...
I’ve had these tools for 2 months, but I delayed before and after moving because I was scared of messing up. Though there is a bit of a hot glue droplet on the inside that is on the middle of the visor. But that’s okay, because this is my first build of the “H2A: ODST.”
 

OTSDerpy

Member
Just added the straps. Now for my next build, this is going to have to be a bit smaller: the collar keeps hitting the back of my helmet and there is SO MUCH ROOM in the torso region.
FB_IMG_1575945073883.jpg FB_IMG_1575945073883.jpg received_2738557689500238.jpeg
I'll do a full suit-up this weekend.
 

OTSDerpy

Member
if there are a couple things that I am proud upon doing this project, it's the painting, the helmet, maybe some ingenuity of the torso by having it be broken down into smaller parts, shoulder pads, and knees. But that's about it. Everything else seems to be wrong.


What I aim to improve:

- Smaller Torso: The torso is too large and was based on an old model, in which I have shed at least a few inches from.

- Better Paintjob: the paintjob on the knees, boots, and shoulder pads, the strapping of the torso.

- Better placement of the Shoulder pads: Every time I moved I kinda felt the shoulder pieces tent to move to the back, like they're shying away from the front, as you can see in the pic. Probably need to add some cushion to give the front some weight and not roll back in the next model.

- MORE DRAWING DESIGNS: Beginning this project I always felt like this only applied to the strapping portion, but now I feel like you need to draw in the sense that you know what pieces to shape, how big/small, what to glue, where to put.

Otherwise, not a bad "MK III." Could be a HELL of a lot better!!! But still not bad.
IMG_20191215_224904748.jpg IMG_20191215_224928850.jpg IMG_20191215_224947015.jpg IMG_20191215_225523136.jpg IMG_20191215_225839017.jpg IMG_20191215_225859514.jpg IMG_20191215_225931035.jpg
 
Top