ODST Working Flip Visor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the forum, Rock Lobbster! I was hoping that you'd post this here. Thank you for sharing and offering to help out others! I suspect that I'll be in touch shortly about rigging up my ODST bucket!
Thank you ma'am I'm sure that many other people are suddenly inspired to make theirs move which is awesome

Last edited:
Awesome! Here's my question. How much did it cost to print the helmet and how/where did you do it? I assume you can rent time at a printer or something? Such a cool idea!

Awesome! Here's my question. How much did it cost to print the helmet and how/where did you do it? I assume you can rent time at a printer or something? Such a cool idea!
It takes around 54 hours to print a helmet and a spool of filament or sowhich is around $20. My friend owns a few so he let's me use them.

It takes around 54 hours to print a helmet and a spool of filament or sowhich is around $20. My friend owns a few so he let's me use them.

That's not bad at all. With a little research, I bet I can find a printer that I can use or rent. I'm going to a class at my local college on 3d printing, so maybe they can help me out. Thanks for the answer!

Probably should have thrown an update out there, I did a full repaint and added a flashlight attachment. Very pleased with the results

20180817_015433.jpg

This is very inspirational - I might just try make a manually operated flip visor for comfort, but thanks for the idea!

Could I get some inside pics and maybe the Arduino code?
There are some interior photos in the initial post and due to the helmets size I cannot get a good view inside to be honest. I can also tell you where to start with the code but the actual code. I can't exactly reveal as it is one of the maior items that goes into me selling helmets

This is very inspirational - I might just try make a manually operated flip visor for comfort, but thanks for the idea!
That would be awesome! Just a little switch/dial that sticks out the side slightly and connects to. A screw. Easy and convenient!

It's been a while but I had my first con drop bakc in October and as a little After Action Report there are a few things I need to change. The main thing is the battery power, I have a battery pack powering the fans and LEDs ontop of the helmet but the arduino battery has to sit on my armor on the chestpiece. Because of this the helmet is "attached" to me at all times. I'm going to be trying to add an additional battery pack somewhere either outside the helmet or somewhere inside. Overall, performed great and I can't wait to attend more cons!
20181006_175936 (2).jpg

I made my own ODST helmet file so I think I will try and modify the side for a perfect servo fit. That will make it much easier for me to insert it into the helmet and a more streamlined process.

Would like to see a final video of the flip visor working with the finished helmet. I see the one of the first page. It you don’t have he clear ODST shaped visor over it.

Regardless pretty cool idea. It really turned out great. Really has that We Are ODST trailer feel!!
Thank you, I hope to improve on this design in the future, I want to try and add authentic style ODST side attachments and a better way to make it flip. I've been debating a button that's located on my finger so I could trigger it without holding my hand up.

Thank you, I hope to improve on this design in the future, I want to try and add authentic style ODST side attachments and a better way to make it flip. I've been debating a button that's located on my finger so I could trigger it without holding my hand up.
Nice that would be cool. I’ve always had the idea of having a remote switch located on a prop to switch on all armor lights in back of my head. Have yet to really sit down and work out the details. Need to finish a newbuild first before I can get to any fancy lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back